PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Chiefs Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could see Vereen and White with Gronk and Wright.

Expecting to see a healthy dose of T formation or pro set, with RB's chipping and releasing, etc.

I think we'll see a lot of quick passes/bubble screens/runs/etc. tonight. I doubt TFB will even look deep much. If we were to try to force the ball deep, and have Tom take 5-7 step drops and sit in the pocket, it would be a long night and a tough one for our OL against this pass rush. I think our OL will get there eventually. But tonight is not the night to put a heavy emphasis on pass protection. I'm guessing the deactivation of AD and KT are in line with my predictions of tonight's gameplan.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
Suzy Kolber:Chiefs game plan should be simple tonite. Get after it on 1st and 2nd down and then on 3rd down, W-A-T-C-H out.
hahahaha

Sounds like a ground-and-pound plan to me!

Good thing we have Legarrette Blount!

Oh wait, no...

FML

James White over KT or Dobson? WTF BILL!

Pray to god Edelman doesn't get hurt, because we wont have **** to back him up. Brady doesn't deserve this f'n crap.
Strange one given Eric Berry is out (although this opens up the middle of the field and I expect Gronk or Wright to catch 1-2 scores each if the OL holds up). That said, the brains trust must have seen something from the Chiefs to go with the 2TE sets or 2RBs on the field. I'm not against that as teams are running on the Chiefs for a buck thirty this season. That said, where's the balance on O? The Patriots have no outside threat.

BTW, this OL lineup change, coupled with the inactives list, should forever kill the homers' defensive cry of "hindsight!".

chiefs stop the run, and take away edelman and the game is over. we don't have any speed on this outside. tom deserves better than this. can't think of a all time great QB who's been surrounded by garbage wr's for so long.
They haven't had speed outside for several years.

Wright is a TE in name only. Yes, this looks like it'll be a lot of running, but the team could still go with a 4 "WR" set of

Edelman
Amendola
LaFell
Wright

We could also see some sets with

Gronk
Wright
Edelman
Vereen
White

This stuff could actually be interesting to watch.
Huh, sounds like we won't be throwing the ball farther than 10 yards tonight.

What has anyone seen that leads you to believe that this oline can run block well? I know some are saying that the reason for KT and Dobson are inactive are due to the lack of pass block, but i havent seen much better in the run block side of things either....just sayin.

This WR situation is a nightmare. At this point I fully expect BB to take a WR at 1st pick next draft.
I would say that it more points to us taking a guard with our first pick next year. It would probably make a bigger difference for our passing game than a receiver outside a HOF caliber WR.

I might be alone, but I am very excited. Gives me a feeling of old school pats. Solid defense with interchangeable wrs. Time to unleash a new and improved screen game.

Devey goes from starter to healthy scratch..ouch

No need to worry. I knew all week that the game would be low scoring. I am confident in my prediction:

NE 13
KC 7

Iam actually curious how this plays out and what we discover. dont really care if AD and KT are inactive. The fact that we didnt hit on those two as a daily starters is a worry for a different time.

Strange one given Eric Berry is out. That said, the brains trust must have seen something from the Chiefs to go with the 2TE sets or 2RBs on the field. I'm not against that as teams are running on the Chiefs for a buck thirty this season. That said, where's the balance on O? The Patriots have no outside threat.

Hali is poor in coverage
KC has a lousy secondary, and its best player is out
KCs ILBs are terrible because of injury

That's got to be what the Patriots are looking at.

Thompkins and Dobson = inactive tonight. o_O Edelman, Amendola and LaFell only WRs dressing. Looks like they're playing small ball.

What is gonna happen when amendola has more catches and yards then Jules tonight? I want to see amendola have a monster game tonight

I don't care what anyone says this organisation is letting down Brady in a big big way. No receivers and no line to protect him. People are expecting literal miracles from him.

James White over KT or Dobson? WTF BILL!

Pray to god Edelman doesn't get hurt, because we wont have **** to back him up. Brady doesn't deserve this f'n crap.
I really think that it will come out that Dobson re injured that foot, that HAS to be the only explanation. There is no way he can play the whole last preseason game, and look good doing it, and then not be able to play 3 out of 4 games, including the last 2. I can't imagine any other reason, it has to be that. I guarantee Tyms will be in the lineup next week if he has a good week in practice.

I've NEVER seen a healthy player get benched 3 out of 4 games like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes