PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Chargers game thread - Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why SD doesn't just throw it high to Gates and let him jump on it. Doesn't anyone here think Chung can out-jump Gates?

Wilfork has more receptions this game than Gates.

Ocho getting catches is great news...boost confidence and another weapon in the arsenal.....

This O is going to be hard to stop......

Pats DB's need to step up...they look sucky to put it mildly...and is Dowling made of glass ?

With that kind of D, we are going nowhere...

Wilfork is the defense right now

Boy Vince is a big guy!! I was afraid for his heart during the runback of that pick.
What an end to a half!!
Very therapeutic, after watching the Sox puke all over themselves.

Last edited:
People need to stop biatching about McCourty. He hasn't been as bad as people make him out to be and the bigger issue is that Rivers has had plenty of time to throw. If you are going to play man defense, you need to pressure the QB.

I have to say it.....Brady is from another planet...the rest of us are just visitors to his world:youtheman:

Agreed but I gotta give huge thumbs up to the defense there as well, that is what will carry us back to the Super Bowl, stuff like that right there, nice play Vince!

I wish I could've been a fly on the wall in whatever room Bianca Wilfork was in during the INT return.

charger fans in their board are already calling it quits

i think that was smart of D-mac ... i think Vince would of fumbled that.. and people saying d-mac is playing horrible? he has gone against top 10 , maybe 5 receivers and is playing tough

I'm confused if Branch is a JAG in a system that works or actually a really good WR. His statline the last two weeks is very impressive.

Last edited:
Also disappointed in the lack of pressure on Rivers most of the time.....

Where is this vaunted pressure up the middle???

Ridiculous example of situational football on the Patriots part --- although WTF were the Chargers doing in clogging the middle and conceding the sidelines on both plays to Branch.

LOL. I was saying this before the game, the Chargers are BOUND to make a few mental errors in this game that will cost them. this game is just another example o f it.

This game doesn't feel like a game that the Patriots should be up by this amount.

Well considering the Chargers can barely slow them down let alone stop them, I don't see why not.

But yeah, a goal-line stand and a TO make a huge difference. good for the D! Do we have to see guys like Marshall and Jackson every week? Big and talented. Man a guy like that would make the Pats O officially unstoppable.

I just want to post...that Vince is awesome

This game doesn't feel like a game that the Patriots should be up by this amount.

It seems about right. We had a few ticky tack calls against us that hurt us pretty good and SD was very very lucky we came away with just 3 on the 2nd drive. We played great defense on SD's TD drive other than a couple great plays by Floyd/misplays by our DB's. All evened out by the Wilfork play :)

Halftime show: "Move [Wilfork] to safety!"

mccourty is starting to piss me off -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back