PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Chargers game thread - Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which, to be fair, is only half the story.

Yeah, I totally admit it is. They gave up a bunch of yards. But still...it's not like the Chargers were just leaving the ball on the field like last year. The defense MADE PLAYS at the critical moments

as far as im concernd, they didnt need to give up 7 points, our secondery is a bunch of midgets (i love them and i know they can do better) and its not very helpfull...when a DT is making a one-handed INT san diego's "expolosive offense" should be flushed in a toilet.

damn, it is down right unfair when they have to go against VJackson like receivers. He is catching the ball at around 10 ft height :eek:

I think Ihedigbo is going to wrest away the starting SS job from Barrett. He has been in the right places at the right time.

Which, to be fair, is only half the story.

The defense caught some breaks, they had alot of breaks go against them too. Overall 7 points in one half where the other team got the ball first. A turnover leading to 3 points. Can't ask for much more against a great offense.

a couple of half time comments

1. Its not bad pass defense. The SD WRs are making good catches on good throws. They aren't nearly as open as the Pats receivers are

2. The Pats run game has been excellent

3. Unfortunately so has the SD run game :mad:

4. Ridley looked every bit as quick as Woodhead. I can hardly wait to see the FAST RB we drafted

5. The only real negative is the lack of a pass rush by the front 4. There's been an OCHO sighting, has anyone seen Albert?

as far as im concernd, they didnt need to give up 7 points, our secondery is a bunch of midgets (i love them and i know they can do better) and its not very helpfull...when a DT is making a one-handed INT san diego's "expolosive offense" should be flushed in a toilet.

Until the front starts to get more pressure on the QB and start getting to them more consistently, the secondary could be 4 Revis' and they will still give up plays. Can they tighten it up a bit in the secondary, no doubt, but they need to start getting to QB's more consistently.

You guys are right, all of our DB's suck because a 6'5" receiver made a few jumping, full extension catches over their heads. Some fans just love being negative...

Listen guys and calm down. Some of the passes that have been caught on this D this season have been sensational and no team can do that the whole game.
Relax, we got a stud at covering the slot 75

Some people on this forum expect the Patriots to win 59-0 every week.

Come on guys. The Chargers are getting paid too.

First of all, McCourty wasn't thinking that when he tackled the guy. Second, if he did, it would be faulty logic. Why would you tackle a guy & almost assuredly cost your team 3 points instead of taking the chance that Wilfork doesn't fumble and you are almost guaranteed 3 points - and what's the worst that could happen? Chargers recover the fumble? Why not tail him & look to recover a possible fumble?

Wasn't a good play but at least it was an effort penalty. He really tried getting to the side of the players shoulder for a legal block and didn't quite make it.

Another foot and he gets the outside shoulder and maybe Wilfork gets the TD.

But let's look at everything negatively and pull apart every play.

BTW I really want to score this first drive. SD is the kind of team you want to have more than a 2 score lead

Good half, Pats. Karma is a *****, isn't Norv. Maybe you won't fake injuries in the second half. Dooshbag.

In fairness, Phillips came back in in 4 plays, they went out and retired to the locker room before the half early.

There's been some bad referee luck, but some plays that have gone our way ...

It does feel as if the Chargers should have scored more points, given how well their passing game seems to have been working.

For one thing, when a team passes up a sure 3 points in the red zone and comes up empty, it "feels" as if they should have 3 more.

Last edited:
a couple of half time comments

1. Its not bad pass defense. The SD WRs are making good catches on good throws. They aren't nearly as open as the Pats receivers are

2. The Pats run game has been excellent

3. Unfortunately so has the SD run game :mad:

4. Ridley looked every bit as quick as Woodhead. I can hardly wait to see the FAST RB we drafted

5. The only real negative is the lack of a pass rush by the front 4. There's been an OCHO sighting, has anyone seen Albert?

He's been out there pretty consistently. Like probably the same 40% like in wk 1.

McCourt hasnt looked good but to say he's garbage now? :eek: and spikes has looked good so far. Love his intensity.

Last edited:
GRONK!!!! go wild my man, just run wild and free!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes