PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Chargers game thread - Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Brady masks a lot of our problems defensively. I don't feel like anyone is being outrageous if they feel like this defense still has a LONG way to go, because they do. I think it's a definite that they will improve though. This is still such a young team.

Posters here do not give the Chargers enough respect. We could have done better. But the Chargers are a good team. Stop expecting a 49-0 blowout.

You're wrong on several accounts.
1) We don't give Charger fans respect because, most don't deserve it. And I can speak from 1st hand experience having lived there for 4 years.

2) I gave the Chargers plenty of credit. The same can't be said for some of the Charger fans who came in here.

3) I don't think anyone expected a 49-0 blow-out. Again, it's that exaggeration by a Charger fan that causes people to not respect them.

Offense has to be lights out for this team to win. Unfortunately they can't do that every week

Massive amount of negativity in this thread today. Perhaps some members do not realize how good the Chargers offense is. Or perhaps they expect our team to make every play on every down.

Either way ... the team is looking good and the defense will develop to where it is headed by week 6 - 8 like always ... enjoy the ride.

Them are pretty good, and I'm wondering what happened to to Rivers' binky.... was he blanketed, or ????
I saw a pretty awesome game today, all said.
I agree, Us is looking pretty good so far.....
Bottom line:
Us: 35
Them: 21
I am happy~!

This defense has issues. Pretending everything was sunny out there is as bad as crying about Brady not being clutch and screaming about every play that doesn't go for a Patriots touchdown.

Yup. Nothing is as bad as people make it seem during a game thread, and nothing is as good as people make it seem after the game.

It would be nice if he could get just a tiny bit of safety help.

Although the safeties completely taking Gates out of the game was a huge factor.

Everybody wanted the aggressive defense, no more bend don't break. This is what it looks like when you're going up against great receivers.

And I'm sorry, but Rivers was standing back there all day. How long is McCourty supposed to stick with Jackson one on one? Maybe he needs Revis to teach him how to hold without getting penalties.

I don't remember the safety getting there in time to help once.

McCourty's turn for whipping boy I guess.

You're wrong on several accounts.
1) We don't give Charger fans respect because, most don't deserve it. And I can speak from 1st hand experience having lived there for 4 years.

2) I gave the Chargers plenty of credit. The same can't be said for some of the Charger fans who came in here.

3) I don't think anyone expected a 49-0 blow-out. Again, it's that exaggeration by a Charger fan that causes people to not respect them.
I made no comments about Charger fans, so I don't know what you're babbling about.

This defense has issues. Pretending everything was sunny out there is as bad as crying about Brady not being clutch and screaming about every play that doesn't go for a Patriots touchdown.

i think the pats getting Gashed up the middle today is really whats going to happen to a team with the aggressive get after the qb style all pats fans have wanted.

I personally see potential in this D but if it is still having troubles by week 6/7 i am going to have a less sunny disposition.

In saying that we turned the ball over again numerous times this game so at least that part of last years d seems to have translated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back