PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Chargers game thread - Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think that was smart of D-mac ... i think Vince would of fumbled that.. and people saying d-mac is playing horrible? he has gone against top 10 , maybe 5 receivers and is playing tough

The problem is that people don't see the plays he has perfect coverage and the opposing QB doesn't throw in his direction because of it. They see the handful of bad plays and get peissed. It is the Matt Light syndrome.

Last edited:
With that kind of D, we are going nowhere...

So true. Unless, you know, they only give up 7 points half to one of the most explosive offenses in the league.

we've given up 1 td in 1 half to a great offensive team, with premier rb's, te's, and wr's, and QB.....

take it easy guys, our D is doing great

props to the offense too

Totally agree. Look at SD's defense? They are supposed to be elite, and they just look terrible out there making just silly mistakes like leaving the sideline totally open to Branch.

They just look ordinary.

That's what I thought too, I wouldn't be too quick to call that a bad play.

Agree. But still I think it was a bad play. Just not as bad. A fumble there isnt a big deal. A fumble probably means the end of the half. A penalty should have ended the half but for a gift from the Chargers.

But in the end if he was thinking about the play and made a judgment at least it means he is trying to make plays.

I'm confused if Branch is a JAG in a system that works or actually a really good WR. His statline the last two weeks is very impressive.

Branch was a decent receiver in Seattle, they just didn't know how to use him to the fullest of his abilities. And the rest of the offense sucked too, which is never a help.

It's too bad they're not showing the halftime tribute to Bledsoe. I'm told it's an emotional moment.

Good half, Pats. Karma is a *****, isn't Norv. Maybe you won't fake injuries in the second half. Dooshbag.

So true. Unless, you know, they only give up 7 points half to one of the most explosive offenses in the league.

Giving up 7 points in a half against one of the best offense of 2010 which is supposed to be better with all of the receivers healthy is unacceptable.

LOL...how dare you use logic in the gameday thread...:D

Which, to be fair, is only half the story.

He actually made somewhat of a good play.

Not with that illegal block in the back which incidentally took Wilfork out of the play as well.

In retrospect, mccourty might have saved a fumble there. That looked like a strip waiting to happen.

for all thous mccourty bashers, what if he avoided a forced fumble? eh?

That's what I thought too, I wouldn't be too quick to call that a bad play.

First of all, McCourty wasn't thinking that when he tackled the guy. Second, if he did, it would be faulty logic. Why would you tackle a guy & almost assuredly cost your team 3 points instead of taking the chance that Wilfork doesn't fumble and you are almost guaranteed 3 points - and what's the worst that could happen? Chargers recover the fumble? Why not tail him & look to recover a possible fumble?

Last edited:

as far as im concernd, they didnt need to give up 7 points, our secondery is a bunch of midgets (i love them and i know they can do better) and its not very helpfull...when a DT is making a one-handed INT san diego's "expolosive offense" should be flushed in a toilet.

Defense has done fine. Could be pitching a shutout right now if not for a couple big 3rd down catches by Floyd.

Wow . . . nice dedication to Myra Kraft.

In retrospect, mccourty might have saved a fumble there. That looked like a strip waiting to happen.

It's getting so bad for McCourty that we have to make up what "if" stuff to say something positive about him.

Brady at 140 passer rating against last year's #1 D

Rivers (of the #1 offense last year) at 93 against the worst defense in Patriots history :rolleyes:

our secondery is a bunch of midgets (i love them and i know they can do better) and its not very helpfull...

If we had a DB under 6 feet, you might have a point. Keep chuckin ****, eventually something will stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes