PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

**The official Day 2 Patriots Draft Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Osi was in the second round.

sorry i thought he was a thrid rounder my bad. I got him and tuck mixed up... swap tuck in there

Last edited:
I think Dowlings injury history is getting a little over blown. He was hurt last year but other than that he stayed about as healthy as your average player. Banged up here and there, but c'mon.

the value at wr is starting to get interesting.

Now, I have proof that I had Dowling as the 2nd best corner in this draft on my list and said he would go in the 2nd. I emailed my friend(an upset Falcons fan) on tuesday that I loved me some Ras-I-Dowling.

We're all waiting with baited breath for that confirmation, pal. ;)

Well, its also a strategic move for the saints. All of our RB were out last year, so its also insurance. If the Saints did not take Mark Ingram, the Falcons would have. So they would have 2 pretty good RB's. Now we can trade a bit if we have to, and it puts R. Bush in a spot during contract negotiations. Ivory has a history of injury form college, because he hits way to hard. I don't think it was a bad move considering last years injury disaster, and the last thing we want to do is give a team in our division a decent RB.

Don't worry. I actually had Ingram projected to the Saints in my mock. I had them trading up with the Giants to secure him. So the fact that the Saints got both Cam Jordan AND Ingram in the 1st is pretty good for them. Although they did have to give up a pick premium to the Pats to get Ingram. This is a guy who can be a true feature back for the Saints who have some injury issues at RB.

Did Marshall Faulk just say something on TV without bashing the pats?

Butler has made more good plays in his second year than Asante had.

Butler's drop-off was due to confidence.....he's got a ton of talent....very fast.Better fit at slot or FS,imo.

How do you know that, a corner went the very next pick. Dowling was first round talent, just injuries held him back. Elite size, speed and ball skills. I love the pick.

Yeah, and injuries "held back" Professor Stephen Hawking.

After years of having to merge "So and So is Made of Glass" threads ad nauseum, we finally draft a human being who IS actually made of glass. Whodathunkit?

Two great character guys in Solder and Dowling, both are great additions and both will contribute quickly for this team.

Dowling's upside is off the charts. When he settles into this defense, with DMac, look out......

NO #1 next year, Nate Solder and Ras-I Dowling half way through round 2, solid triple for BB here guys, c'mon..........

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind to see the Pats take WR Torrey Smith - Maryland if he's still on the board.

Pass rush hungry fan hysteria aside, that is.

Yeah, and injuries "held back" Professor Stephen Hawking.

After years of having to merge "So and So is Made of Glass" threads ad nauseum, we finally draft a human being who IS actually made of glass. Whodathunkit?

In his first three years in college he played in 35 out of 36 games, dude. He was injured for ONE YEAR and checked out as healthy now

Which will we trade to the raiders: 56 or 60?

Two great character guys in Solder and Dowling, both are great additions and both will contribute quickly for this team.

Dowling's upside is off the charts. When he settles into this defense, with DMac, look out......

NO #1 next year, Nate Solder and Ras-I Dowling half way through round 2, solid triple for BB here guys, c'mon..........

the only problem people really have is that Ninkovich, Banta Cain are starters on the team...:bricks:

If that's addressed through other means though, Im fine with this draft.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back