PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Mahomes/Chiefs Discussion Thread

What on earth makes you think Kermit is playing for 10 years never mind 20? Why should I even ponder that foolishness?

43% out of 85 is a majority. And a decisive one with 4x the second place guy. Kermit's got a lot of catching up to do if he wants to hang with the best since he couldn't do it on the field.

giphy.gif

brian-regan-confused.gif

You're throwing batting practice to me and I keep knocking them out of the ballpark. It's way too easy!

And Kermit can't even beat the guy when it mattered who lost to those guys. Gee that doesn't say much for Kermit does it. LMAO

Wake me up when Brady gets a supermajority of people to vote for him as GOAT. If you don't know what a supermajority is (since you don't know the definition of a lot of words), I'd suggest you look it up.

Wake me up when Brady gets a supermajority of people to vote for him as GOAT. If you don't know what a supermajority is (since you don't know the definition of a lot of words), I'd suggest you look it up.
Wake me up when Kermit beats Brady when it matters.

Oh wait I forgot. :( Guess Kermit will never be GOAT.

sad-cry.gif

Kelce cant block like Gronk
Kelce can't block like Kittle either but he's better than him too. Look, if Kelce retired right now, then Gronk is the GOAT TE. Gronk would have an even stronger case if injuries hadn't bludgeoned his career, or he hadn't taken a season off at age 30, or retired at age 32. Kelce is 33, with no decline at all, and he's never been injured in his career. He currently plays with the best QB and HC in the NFL so he's in a great spot for another 2-3 seasons. When it's all said and done, Kelce will be considered the GOAT TE, and probably by a comfortable margin.

The majority of America does not think Brady is the GOAT. 43% is pathetic for someone with 7 super bowls. And you're the idiot who keeps saying Brady is the "universal GOAT," which means that basically everyone in the nation thinks he is the GOAT. That poll proves otherwise.
That poll proves there are a lot of asshats in the world who are consumed with jealousy and hatred like you.

Thank you for proving my point. There is no agreement among the entire nation that Brady is the GOAT. In fact, according to that poll, 57% think someone else is.
And 89% think that it's not Montana. Nobody got 50%, so by your logic America think there is no GOAT.

Name the player who got a supermajority.

What on earth makes you think Kermit is playing for 10 years never mind 20? Why should I even ponder that foolishness?

43% out of 85 is a majority. And a decisive one with 4x the second place guy. Kermit's got a lot of catching up to do if he wants to hang with the best since he couldn't do it on the field.

giphy.gif

brian-regan-confused.gif

You're throwing batting practice to me and I keep knocking them out of the ballpark. It's way too easy!

And Kermit can't even beat the guy when it mattered who lost to those guys. Gee that doesn't say much for Kermit does it. LMAO
Mahomes career is most likely going the way of Newton. He will be toast in his early 30s given his stye of play and amount of injuries he has already sustained. Playing that unorthodox does not equal longevity or even an average time span for a career. He has about 3-5 years IMO where he is prime assuming he does not have more injuries (certainly more likely than not) like last year's ankle injury that he plays on. Then I would literally given him 2-3.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Mahomes career is most likely going the way of Newton. He will be toast in his early 30s given his stye of play and amount of injuries he has already sustained. Playing that unorthodox does not equal longevity or even an average time span for a career. He has about 3-5 years IMO where he is prime assuming he does not have more injuries (certainly more likely than not) like last year's ankle injury that he plays on. Then I would literally given him 2-3.

He's missed a grand total of 3 games in his career. Sure Mahomes scrambles a lot, but the difference between him and everyone else (Timmy included) is that he can throw the ball on the run. Other QBs just take off and get tackled.

Nah he's the real deal. He can play from the pocket.

Nah he's the real deal. He can play from the pocket.
Except he doesn't. His first instinct is to bail and play hero ball. Brady played 23 years. My bet is Mahomes does not even sniff half of that at prime condition. The QB to really watch for is Burrows. He has the style of game that favors longevity but it remains to be seen if the Bengals will continue to surround him with enough talent year after year.

BTW, didn't we have this same thread about Aaron Rodgers in the early 2010s? LOL

Don’t let Mahomes fool you. He’s already up there with Big Ben in the Make the injury look worse than it really is Hall of Fame.

He's missed a grand total of 3 games in his career. Sure Mahomes scrambles a lot, but the difference between him and everyone else (Timmy included) is that he can throw the ball on the run. Other QBs just take off and get tackled.
How many games has he played injured? See, that is the key. The guy is his own worst enemy. His body is not going to hold up especially with the 17 soon to be 18 game regular season and the only one bye soon to be no bye in the post-season.

Don’t let Mahomes fool you. He’s already up there with Big Ben in the Make the injury look worse than it really is Hall of Fame.
Big Ben is exactly my point. His body did not hold up despite him continuing to play. He lumbered around for most of the last 5-7 years. His prime was over in his early 30s.

How many games has he played injured? See, that is the key. The guy is his own worst enemy. His body is not going to hold up especially with the 17 soon to be 18 game regular season and the only one bye soon to be no bye in the post-season.

And I'm sure you were one of the many people on this forum who thought Mahomes was going to have a bad season without Tyreek Hill...

Big Ben is exactly my point. His body did not hold up despite him continuing to play. He lumbered around for most of the last 5-7 years. His prime was over in his early 30s.

This is a bad analogy. Ben's career numbers did not take a hit until 2019, when he was a 15 year veteran. In fact he arguably had his best year in 2018...

The problem with you all is that you just watch the ESPN highlights of Mahomes running around and just assume he's a "running QB" like Lamar.

And I'm sure you were one of the many people on this forum who thought Mahomes was going to have a bad season without Tyreek Hill...

This is a bad analogy. Ben's career numbers did not take a hit until 2019, when he was a 15 year veteran. In fact he arguably had his best year in 2018...

The problem with you all is that you just watch the ESPN highlights of Mahomes running around and just assume he's a "running QB" like Lamar.
I didn't think he would have a bad season without Tyreek but I did predict he would get injured again and he did and he continued to play. Do you know ridiculous it is to play on a high ankle sprain like he did? Not to mention the countless of other injuries he has had? He is not Lamar. He is worse in many respects. Even when Mahomes has time he often does not set his feet and throw with proper mechanics. He has a heck of an arm and he uses it but his shoulder and elbow will be toast in the near future from his style of play.
Throwing out 2018 from Ben is a red herring. Anyone who had two eyes and watched the guy play literally saw his body and play decline over the last several years from all the injuries and play ground style football. Like I said, Mahomes is worse as he not only runs around but throws unorthodox as well. None of that bodes well for a long career. The guy to watch is Burrows.

I didn't think he would have a bad season without Tyreek but I did predict he would get injured again and he did and he continued to play. Do you know ridiculous it is to play on a high ankle sprain like he did? Not to mention the countless of other injuries he has had? He is not Lamar. He is worse in many respects. Even when Mahomes has time he often does not set his feet and throw with proper mechanics. He has a heck of an arm and he uses it but his shoulder and elbow will be toast in the near future from his style of play.
Throwing out 2018 from Ben is a red herring. Anyone who had two eyes and watched the guy play literally saw his body and play decline over the last several years from all the injuries and play ground style football. Like I said, Mahomes is worse as he not only runs around but throws unorthodox as well. None of that bodes well for a long career. The guy to watch is Burrows.

When QBs throw on the run, no one has time to set their feet and have proper mechanics.

And who is Burrows? If you are talking about Burrow, at least get the name right. The guy already missed time due to ACL tear, which is way worse than any injury Mahomes has had. And he hasn't even cracked 40 TDs once in his career. Mahomes has done in twice and came close another two times.

I don't know man I'm a professional KC hater and would love for them to fail, but Mahomes is the best QB in the game today and might be for a while. Maybe Burrow has a case, but he couldn't get it done when the Bengals D allowed only 23 points. The AFC is stacked with great young QBs, but KC is always there in the final four.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back