PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Mahomes/Chiefs Discussion Thread

See above. If Brady didn't win those titles under spygate, we're talking about a 4-3 Super Bowl winning QB, which is not GOAT material. He'd be behind Montana.

I guess you still don't realize tHe SuPeR bOwL is merely the final round of the playoff tournament. Other than a special title, there's nothing significant about it.

QB A 4-3 in the wild card round and 4-0 in the divisional round.
QB B is 7-0 in the wild card round and 4-3 in the divisional round.

Most would agree that QB B is the better quarterback (in fact, it is likely that QB A is more of an anomaly because competition should increase, and the NFC was indeed an anomal during those years) but no one would agree that QB A has the better accomplishment.

In tennis, this would be like saying Roger Federer is 8-7 in Wimbledon Finals while Rafael Nadal is 8-0 so Nadal must be better. No one would say that though.

Reactions: sb1
I guess you still don't realize tHe SuPeR bOwL is merely the final round of the playoff tournament. Other than a special title, there's nothing significant about it.

Most would agree that QB B is the better quarterback (in fact, it is likely that QB A is more of an anomaly because competition should increase, and the NFC was indeed an anomal during those years) but no one would agree that QB A has the better accomplishment.

In tennis, this would be like saying Roger Federer is 8-7 in Wimbledon Finals while Rafael Nadal is 8-0 so Nadal must be better. No one would say that though.
And 4 gold medals alone is not better than 4 golds and 3 silvers.

The SB is going to be big next year. The AFC will have a chance to once again catch the NFC in SB wins, the only place where the AFC doesn't have a huge advantage. The AFC had tied it up in 2019 but TB and LA gave the NFC a 2 game lead until KC made it 1 last year. GO AFC!

As for QBs, what I really like most about Brady's career is how he has put to bed anyone's ability to even discuss who's the GOAT. Brady has actually shut them up for many years and most likely forever.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
If he didn't win 7 Super Bowls then he'd be Dan Marino. The most disappointing elite quarterback of all time.

If you're going to stick with stupid then just go all the way with it.
Hate to say it, but you just got schooled by @crawhammer, @MAC10.
Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

In fairness to Marino - the stuff that came out about him after his career I feel like hurt his legacy more than his lack of Super Bowl rings. But that's another story ;)

Hate to say it, but you just got schooled by @crawhammer, @MAC10.
Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

In fairness to Marino - the stuff that came out about him after his career I feel like hurt his legacy more than his lack of Super Bowl rings. But that's another story ;)
I don't remember the stories about Marino after his career. I do however remember that he was like the 8th or 9th QB taken that year in the 1st round. Apparently there were rumors that he smoked weed and his stock dropped like a lead balloon. Shula* was well known as a cheater and probably spread that rumor in order to get Marino to fall to them, which he did. Unlike Shula* and Miami's* cheating in 1970 this one didn't bring them a SB win at all, let alone a 17-0* season.

Reactions: Ian
If he didn't win 7 Super Bowls then he'd be Dan Marino. The most disappointing elite quarterback of all time.

If you're going to stick with stupid then just go all the way with it.
Imagine thinking that going to 7 Super Bowls is less of an accomplishment than going to 3.

Not really. Spygate only affected SB 36, 38, and 39. Where I am wrong?
Your entire statement is not based on a single shred of evidence or proof that Spygate effected the outcomes of those seasons or Super Bowls. There never was even an official accusation of the kind from the league (or any other reputable source).

You're just a disgruntled x-Patriots fan making things up to discredit the organization. It's rather pathetic.

Your entire statement is not based on a single shred of evidence or proof that Spygate effected the outcomes of those seasons or Super Bowls. There never was even an official accusation of the kind from the league (or any other reputable source).

You're just a disgruntled x-Patriots fan making things up to discredit the organization. It's rather pathetic.

No, but it would be stupid for Bill to spy for 7 years straight if he weren't trying to gain an advantage. And he had a chance to quit in 2006 when the Ray Anderson memo came out. But he kept going, obviously because it was helping. Even Jimmy Johnson gave up after realizing it didn't work for him. So the only logical conclusion is that Bill (and Ernie Adams) was able to derive some benefit to it.

And as I told you before, for each of NE's super bowl runs in 2001, 2003, and 2004, the Pats played at least one team in the playoffs that they faced in the regular season. You think Bill didn't tape those teams the first time?

Last edited:
No, but it would be stupid for Bill to spy for 7 years straight for no reason. And he had a chance to quit in 2006 when the Ray Anderson memo came out. But he kept going, obviously because it was helping. Even Jimmy Johnson gave up after realizing it didn't work for him. Obviously Bill found a way to make it work and the key person was Ernie Adams.

And as I told you before, for each of NE's super bowl runs in 2001, 2003, and 2004, the Pats played at least one team in the playoffs that they faced in the regular season. You think Bill didn't tape those teams the first time?
"at least one team in the playoffs that they faced in the regular season"

What about the teams they didn't face in the regular season, like:

2001 - Raiders and Steelers
2003 - Titans and Panthers (you know, their SB opponent?)
2004 - Eagles (SB opponent)

You would also have a stronger point if they had always lost to the opponent in the regular season. In fact of the four they faced in the regular season (Rams in 2001, Colts in 2003, Colts in 2004 and Steelers in 2004) they only lost to two of them (Rams in 2001 and Steelers in 2004). Going 2-2 against playoff teams that you later defeat doesn't seem like some unfathomable leap.

No, but it would be stupid for Bill to spy for 7 years straight if he weren't trying to gain an advantage. And he had a chance to quit in 2006 when the Ray Anderson memo came out. But he kept going, obviously because it was helping. Even Jimmy Johnson gave up after realizing it didn't work for him. So the only logical conclusion is that there was some benefit to it.

Screenshot_20230222_094039_Twitter.jpg

You're just a butthurt Belichick lover and Brady hater making things up to discredit the greatest QB that ever played because he won a ring the first season away from Bill Belichick and made the postseason 3 times while playing at an MVP level for 2 of those season while Belichick's team was blown right TF out of the stadium in their only playoff appearance post Brady. It's rather pathetic.
FIFY.

No, but it would be stupid for Bill to spy for 7 years straight if he weren't trying to gain an advantage. And he had a chance to quit in 2006 when the Ray Anderson memo came out. But he kept going, obviously because it was helping. Even Jimmy Johnson gave up after realizing it didn't work for him. So the only logical conclusion is that there was some benefit to it.
My understanding is every team in the NFL engaged in the videotaping practice to some degree. So from that basic standpoint, I don't consider an advantage. Not for a second do I believe Brady ever had even one word spoken to him through his helmet during the game that was related to real time videotape viewing by any Patriots staff member. Belichick is absolutely guilty of ignoring the memo, and continuing to videotape from the sideline, for which the team was punished and the practice was ceased.

All of your conspiracy theories of the Patriots using these videotapes to gain a decided advantage in SB's 36, 38 & 39 are totally unfounded. Not a shred of evidence or proof anywhere.

View attachment 50243

Another @MAC10 receipt from the old Patsfans Deflategate discussion forum :D

Seems pointless to continue the act dude when everyone knows it's an act.
Yeah he’s been snuffed out. Time to kill this forum and move on.

Reactions: sb1
I don't think the fact that Tom Brady absolutely torched the Chargers the Sunday after the spygate story broke gets enough play. That Charger defense was a top 10 defense in both 2006 and 2007 and Brady toyed with them. It was awesome.

Funny that the outrage machine took a look at that game and the hype died down after that.. like they were saying "oh. they really are legit awesome. they never needed the cameras". I remember on the old ESPN boards a Charger fan who were talking a lot of trash about spygate came back to apologize saying sorry we doubted you. Lol

That and Super Bowl 49 had to be two of the most pressure packed games ever for obvious reasons.

Last edited:
With all that said... I'm glad there was no walkthrough tape. I don't think any of us would be able to defend that.

With all that said... I'm glad there was no walkthrough tape. I don't think any of us would be able to defend that.

No but Matt Walsh testified before Roger Goodell that he was present at the Rams walkthrough, took notes, and gave those notes to the Pats coaching staff.

No but Matt Walsh testified before Roger Goodell that he was present at the Rams walkthrough, took notes, and gave those notes to the Pats coaching staff.

Not exactly. Yes he was there and told Goodell he talked to Brian Daboll on the Pats coaching staff and told him a couple of things like Marshall Faulk being used as a returner. The league determined that conversation didn't happen from their own investigation.

And even if it did it wasn't against any rule.

Not exactly. Yes he was there and told Goodell he talked to Brian Daboll on the Pats coaching staff and told him a couple of things like Marshall Faulk being used as a returner. The league determined that conversation didn't happen from their own investigation.

Right...

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back