PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Mahomes/Chiefs Discussion Thread

What people? Why do their opinions matter?

For all we know Mahomes may never win another Super Bowl. Brady had a 10 year drought before he won #4.

NE fans only represent 3% or so of the NFL fanbase, so what the remaining 97% thinks matters if you are the type to care about Brady's legacy as being the GOAT.

Brady's 10 year drought between 2004 and 2014 gives Mahomes an opening if he can win SBs every few years. If he wins 2 SBs every 5 years, he'll get 6 more. How many more SBs gets may depend very well on how many years Andy Reid has left.

Last edited:
LOL at Timmy already talking about 6 Super Bowls for his boy.

BB’s legacy is set. But like Brady did he can add to it by a successful rebuild and setting the table for the next Patriots HC.

Last edited:
Simple as that? In 2005 before the AFCCG it looked like TB would win another one, hell at halftime it looked like a lock with the Bears looming, then what happened? It's not as easy as it looks when they're winning. It looked like TB would win 3-4-5 in a row no problem. So many things have to go right to win multiple super bowls.

Yeah, but this is Mahomes we’re talking about…

NE fans only represent 3% or so of the NFL fanbase, so what the remaining 97% thinks matters if you are the type to care about Brady's legacy as being the GOAT.
I see. The other 31 fanbases determine Brady's legacy. Got it.

Brady's 10 year drought between 2004 and 2014 gives Mahomes an opening if he can win SBs every few years. If he wins 2 SBs every 5 years, he'll get 6 more. How many more SBs gets may depend very well on how many years Andy Reid has left.
Who knows.

Just checked again... yup Tom Brady, the greatest QB in the history of this sport hands down, still completely owns Kermit Mahomes in games that matter. I'll take @MAC10's silence as agreement. :)

Just checked again...no cheating scandals for Mahomes or the Chiefs.

Don't EVER doubt Mahomes in the clutch when it matters most! Need proof? Take a look:

27 minutes of Mahomes being clutch...enjoy

I wonder if Brady is having second thoughts about retirement. I don't blame him. He probably saw Mahomes win a Super Bowl with help from the officials and he figures he can whoop him again when the games matter like he always does. And he would do it again.

Odd that Mahomes isn't in the top 25 for passing yards in a Super Bowl after appearing in three:

1677699430942-png.50228

"Discouraged from reporting their injuries".... interesting. Perhaps the league might want to take a look at what's going on there.

Maybe if he knew the other team’s defensive signals…
Dude, that joke/reference isn’t getting any less funny. We debated that with the world 15+ years ago and 9 years ago again during deflategate, so it would be really cool if you’d remove that from your repertoire as I’d likely kick out an opposing fan after the 4th or 5th time they brought it up but I’m trying to throw you a lifeline.

I’m trying to also be patient, but you’re making it really difficult. So help me out.

disney waiting GIF

Dude, that joke/reference isn’t getting any less funny. We debated that with the world 15+ years ago and 9 years ago again during deflategate, so it would be really cool if you’d remove that from your repertoire as I’d likely kick out an opposing fan after the 4th or 5th time they brought it up but I’m trying to throw you a lifeline.

I’m trying to also be patient, but you’re making it really difficult. So help me out.

disney waiting GIF

You said I can talk about Mahomes in the context of this thread, so when you are comparing Brady and Mahomes, one guy is associated with two scandals and the other isn't. At the end of the day when Mahomes retires and if he comes close to Brady, then Mahomes wins due to spygate and deflategate. Those are part of Brady's legacy. Are you also going to ban me from talking about SB 42 or 46? I was under the impression I can smack talk in the NFL Forum.

Last edited:

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back