PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Mahomes/Chiefs Discussion Thread

Stephen A: Mahomes a Top 3 QB of all time

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Stephen A: Mahomes a Top 3 QB of all time

Stephen A Smith lol. The paragon of football knowledge. You gonna get Jim Rome's take next? :D

Kermit is not even close to the top 3.

You said I can talk about Mahomes in the context of this thread, so when you are comparing Brady and Mahomes, one guy is associated with two scandals and the other isn't. At the end of the day when Mahomes retires and if he comes close to Brady, then Mahomes wins due to spygate and deflategate. Those are part of Brady's legacy. Are you also going to ban me from talking about SB 42 or 46? I was under the impression I can smack talk in the NFL Forum.
Complete nonsense but you know that already.

You said I can talk about Mahomes in the context of this thread, so when you are comparing Brady and Mahomes, one guy is associated with two scandals and the other isn't. At the end of the day when Mahomes retires and if he comes close to Brady, then Mahomes wins due to spygate and deflategate. Those are part of Brady's legacy. Are you also going to ban me from talking about SB 42 or 46? I was under the impression I can smack talk in the NFL Forum.
SB 42 & 46 are different, those are what they are.

The “scandals” aren’t scandals because of the context and evidence behind them. The league destroyed all the data from their “spot checks”, likely because the numbers matched up with the psi differences and they wanted to avoid egg on their face. Same with spygate, which we covered given how widespread the practice was.

So no, this nonsense doesn’t give Mahomes an advantage and yes, I would kick out any other Chiefs fan arguing the same after the 4th or 5th time of bringing it up. It’s a Patriots board and while I do provide an area to debate teams, this kind of stuff ticks off the 99% of us who went through it in real time and I’m not going to have it rehashed over and over again here.

So yes, I would avoid that and stick to whatever stats you want to use. I joked about hating reliving the Giants SBs. Reliving the other two - especially knowing what BS it was as it played out - over and over is something that I’d prefer not to do.

The “scandals” aren’t scandals because of the context and evidence behind them. The league destroyed all the data from their “spot checks”, likely because the numbers matched up with the psi differences and they wanted to avoid egg on their face. Same with spygate, which we covered given how widespread the practice was.

There are a lot of people who would disagree with you, especially on spygate.

So no, this nonsense doesn’t give Mahomes an advantage and yes, I would kick out any other Chiefs fan arguing the same after the 4th or 5th time of bringing it up. It’s a Patriots board and while I do provide an area to debate teams, this kind of stuff ticks off the 99% of us who went through it in real time and I’m not going to have it rehashed over and over again here.

Disagree. If two A+ students are vying to become valedictorian, the edge goes to the one who has no controversies. Put it another way, if the gold medal winner at a sporting event wins controversially, the silver medalist is the real winner. That's just life. Roger Goodell really helped the Pats out by only spending 4 days "investigating" spygate. That warranted a Ted Wells like investigation in my view. And finally, you have implemented many tools on this forum so that people don't have to read what I write.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
1677782158358.png

Another @MAC10 receipt from the old Patsfans Deflategate discussion forum :D

Seems pointless to continue the act dude when everyone knows it's an act.

View attachment 50243

I have a right to change my mind. And I'm talking mostly spygate here.

• Ha Ha
View attachment 50243

Nah you didn't change your mind you're trying to cope with the fact that Tom Brady, the greatest QB of all time, won a ring without Belichick in his first season away from Belichick. Nothing more or less.

Talk up Mahomes if you want but I'm afraid this other gimmick has run its course.

Last edited:
Damn the Brady hate was so strong he denounced the Patriots for the Queefs lmaoooo
My favorite was Richard, a Jets fan that I met online during Dynasty I when I was an AOLe. Richard used to be a Pats fan but followed Tuna Shyt to the Jets. He seemed like a very nice guy but boy did his timing suck.

Then shoot I can't take any of your takes seriously anymore if you're going to change your mind. Where's your conviction

The same people that can't handle a little fan banter... or spell. LMAO.

Oh no save us from those Patriots fans!

Both of them so need to be razzed even louder and more obnoxiously when they visit this fall.

You said I can talk about Mahomes in the context of this thread, so when you are comparing Brady and Mahomes, one guy is associated with two scandals and the other isn't. At the end of the day when Mahomes retires and if he comes close to Brady, then Mahomes wins due to spygate and deflategate. Those are part of Brady's legacy.
Show me one reputable source who uses this argument against Brady?

Spygate wasn't on Brady and we're talking about a common practice throughout the NFL. The issue was the location of the videotaping. The team got punished (for Belichick's arrogance), the tapes were destroyed by Goodell, and it's over with. Aside from that, Brady and Belichick have more than proven themselves post-Spygate.

Deflategate is an absolute nothing burger. It's completely laughed at in retrospect. Absolute low point for Goodell. In the end there was 0 credible evidence of intentionally deflated footballs. Re-watch Belichick's brilliant Mona Lisa Vito press conference and read up on the Ideal Gas Law.

Also, Brady has 4 SB rings and 3 SB MVPs since "Deflategate." Only one other QB has those totals over the course of their entire career.

Is MAC10 still going on his little unhinged jilted lover rant because he's mad Brady left and changed his user name like a girl cutting all her pictures in half? I don't know because I did the sensible thing and blocked him.

And finally, you have implemented many tools on this forum so that people don't have to read what I write.
My "dislike" was because of this. ^ Imagine having the gall and the arrogance to say something like this to @Ian or to any moderator or board owner on any board. Especially after being told to cool it.

There's a time to double down and this isn't one of those times man.

Is MAC10 still going on his little unhinged jilted lover rant because he's mad Brady left and changed his user name like a girl cutting all her pictures in half? I don't know because I did the sensible thing and blocked him.
Worse he's doubling down on deflategate and spygate as a "Pats fan" lol and a KC fan now too

Show me one reputable source who uses this argument against Brady?

it's a lot of people in the 31 other NFL fanbases who use it. I suggest you and others get of NE and talk to other fans.

Spygate wasn't on Brady and we're talking about a common practice throughout the NFL. The issue was the location of the videotaping. The team got punished (for Belichick's arrogance), the tapes were destroyed by Goodell, and it's over with. Aside from that, Brady and Belichick have more than proven themselves post-Spygate.

But Brady benefitted. What the Pats did after spygate has nothing to do with the benefits they got during spygate. Location had nothing to do with the actual punishment. I quoted what Goodell wrote in his punishment letter and it had nothing to do with location or a misinterpretation of the rules. It was a deliberate attempt to evade "longstanding NFL rules."

Also, Brady has 4 SB rings and 3 SB MVPs since "Deflategate." Only one other QB has those totals over the course of their entire career.

See above. If Brady didn't win those titles under spygate, we're talking about a 4-3 Super Bowl winning QB, which is not GOAT material. He'd be behind Montana.

it's a lot of people in the 31 other NFL fanbases who use it. I suggest you and others get of NE and talk to other fans.
Is that seriously your answer to my question?? lol!

If Brady didn't win those titles under spygate, we're talking about a 4-3 Super Bowl winning QB, which is not GOAT material.
If he didn't win 7 Super Bowls then he'd be Dan Marino. The most disappointing elite quarterback of all time.

If you're going to stick with stupid then just go all the way with it.

• Winner
Reactions: Ian
If my aunt had wheels she'd be a trolley car.

• Winner
Reactions: Ian
Mahomes never benefits from the officiating. Proof:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST