PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Beheadings In Cleveland have Begun

No quarterback = no chance in hell

Even if Belichick wouldn't have had the power to draft Watson, I think he's still able to sign McKown/Fitzpatrick/Gabbert before the year starts (As Kizer's 'mentor' or whatever. Fitzpatrick could teach him to throw picks), and he could get that team to 8-8.

That guy is pretty optimistic.

"I might win some money on the next 20 lottery tickets I buy. That's an ABSURD success rate".

o_O

Galko has been a pretty decent analyst of prospects, at least in the past.

A few years ago, he used to blog several times a day from the practices for both the Shrine Game and the Senior Bowl. His posts weren't just blurbs about how many this WR caught, and how many times that DL triumphed in this one-on-one battles with OL or what round he thought a guy would get drafted in. He actually broke down technique, noted how well/quickly/consistently prospects integrated coaching tips, what bad habits they had, how they compensated for weaknesses, etc.

Way more perceptive and detailed than guys like Kiper.

Might just be the type of on staff boot licking weasel Haslam is looking for.

USATSI_8912156.jpg

or the only one desperate enough to work for Haslam.

Might just be the type of on staff boot licking weasel Haslam is looking for.

USATSI_8912156.jpg

or the only one desperate enough to work for Haslam.
Good. With that imbecile at the helm thats another 3 years of football purgatory CLE will go through

Even if Belichick wouldn't have had the power to draft Watson, I think he's still able to sign McKown/Fitzpatrick/Gabbert before the year starts (As Kizer's 'mentor' or whatever. Fitzpatrick could teach him to throw picks), and he could get that team to 8-8.

Bill Belichick vs The Perfect Storm.....

Belichick.

Well if BB were running the Browns, he would've traded the farm for Jimmy Garappolo.

Sashi Brown was the GM, and he gave Jackson the players he gave him. If we're going to play "Well, if he had a different roster....", we're going to be playing a different game than "If BB was the coach". If BB was the coach, he'd be coaching the likes of Kessler and Kizer, and he wouldn't be getting to 8-8. That's not a knock on BB, or a defense of Jackson. That's just a glance at the roster.

He's drafted some talent, but you can't pass on the amount of quarterbacks who have had quality rookie and second seasons and expect to remain employed. What a joke of a franchise.
You have wonder though if all those quality rookies would have done as well in that dumpster fire that is the Browns.

I'd imagine that he'd be the type of cousin that you may be technically related to, but have disowned from the family name.
I would hope and pray for him to see the light.

He's drafted some talent, but you can't pass on the amount of quarterbacks who have had quality rookie and second seasons and expect to remain employed. What a joke of a franchise.
Brown just isn’t a football guy. Seems like they had the right approach but didn’t evaluate talent very well.

No.

They somehow ****ed up by scoring a ****load of draft picks from Philly in exchange for the rights to draft Carson Wentz, then fired all the scouts that liked Wentz. Great move Clowns. Only the Clowns could turn such a shrewd draft-day haul into chicken ****, and it’s not even the first time they’ve done it. The pick they got for Trent Richardson became Johnny Manziel.

Meanwhile Jamie Collins the shiny linebacker that turned into a star overnight in 2014 when he was on national television every week and played for the best franchise in football had 1 sack in 2017 before going on IR. Rumor has it he looked good with SR. after his last name on the back of his Cleveland Clowns uniform after the game.

There is really no excuse for Hue Jackson, I've watched the Browns a few times unfortunately and his teams look totally unprepared and doesn't look like a professional football team in the least.

He is total garbage, Jeff Fisher is a better HC than him.
Hey now! He can't be that bad.

Firing the one guy that isn't directly responsible for you being a dumpster fire is such a Browns thing to do.

That 2016 draft is really nothing on which to hang his hat.
I think Jabrill Peppers was a bad pick too and one of the most easily foreseeable busts out there, but in the greater context of "this is the Browns" he's not one of the people I'd point to for why they suck.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back