PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Beheadings In Cleveland have Begun

they've served their purpose by sucking so hard that the JETE, by comparison, suck at sucking and won't get their dream pick.

Other than that I don't bear the good people of Cleveland any ill will. Why this coach and FO befell them is a mystery to me.

PS, I think with the win over KC last week, and Cleveland's loss to [your name here,] the JETE got mathematically eliminated from sucking as hard as Cleveland.

Even if Belichick wouldn't have had the power to draft Watson, I think he's still able to sign McKown/Fitzpatrick/Gabbert before the year starts (As Kizer's 'mentor' or whatever. Fitzpatrick could teach him to throw picks), and he could get that team to 8-8.
Bill is 41-55 without Tom. Even the greatest coaches need good QB play

He might go 6-10 with that mouse crap roster.

It's a QB league.

This must have been due to the Giants seeking him out also.

Brown's wanted to tank and **** the bed. If you're going to do that at least see it through with the guys that were there at rock bottom.

Brown also brought in more picks, Collins and Zeitler. They have a ton of space and will get another QB via draft/trade/fa.

Dorsey is another #'s guy btw.

Hours after firing Sashi Brown, the Cleveland Browns have hired his replacement.

John Dorsey, who was fired as General Manager of the Chiefs this year, has been hired for the G.M. job in Cleveland.

Browns hire John Dorsey as General Manager

Interesting hire, as Dorsey seemed to do pretty well in the personnel department for K.C.. If he guesses right on the QB, the Browns just might turn things around.

I think Jabrill Peppers was a bad pick too and one of the most easily foreseeable busts out there, but in the greater context of "this is the Browns" he's not one of the people I'd point to for why they suck.

Dont speak ill of our future ST maven Jabrill Peppers. Only 1-2 more years until he is traded here for a 4th or 5th round pick.

I think Jabrill Peppers was a bad pick too and one of the most easily foreseeable busts out there, but in the greater context of "this is the Browns" he's not one of the people I'd point to for why they suck.

Peppers was obviously way over-hyped in the draft.

Although I really couldn't say what his football IQ is, the athleticism he showed in Combine testing seemed to be verified in DB field drills. Pretty smooth and quick hip turn and great acceleration out of breaks; decent eye for the ball and hands. Seemed like the kind of player that the Pats coaches might have turned into a solid contributor in the Star role if they could have drafted hi in the 3rd round.

Definitely NOT the 2nd round, of course. That would've virtually guaranteed he'd be a bust.

;)

Brown's wanted to tank and **** the bed. If you're going to do that at least see it through with the guys that were there at rock bottom.

Brown also brought in more picks, Collins and Zeitler. They have a ton of space and will get another QB via draft/trade/fa.

Dorsey is another #'s guy btw.

Dorsey arguably helped the Chiefs improve while he was there (2013-2016). OTOH, when he took over, the Chiefs weren't quite the basket case that the Browns are.

Bill is 41-55 without Tom. Even the greatest coaches need good QB play

He might go 6-10 with that mouse crap roster.

It's a QB league.

As much as I agree, the 41-55 needs to be qualified as most of that occurred in inept Cleveland where BB was 37 & 45 at the downtrodden franchise.. then the Browns became the Ravens.. where they continued their ineptitude, even under a different coach ( Marchibroda) with Testaverde back at the helm.

Seems as though BB was right about Testaverde..

As much as I agree, the 41-55 needs to be qualified as most of that occurred in inept Cleveland where BB was 37 & 45 at the downtrodden franchise.. then the Browns became the Ravens.. where they continued their ineptitude, even under a different coach ( Marchibroda) with Testaverde back at the helm.

Seems as though BB was right about Testaverde..
In there Bill had two rebuilding years and a "move" year in 1995 but it doesn't change the fact that Bill had a losing record without a good QB. Throw those out he was 25-24. You could say he was 25-26 if you count Drew's two games in 01. Hes still the Goat. This changes nothing.

Peppers was obviously way over-hyped in the draft.

Although I really couldn't say what his football IQ is, the athleticism he showed in Combine testing seemed to be verified in DB field drills. Pretty smooth and quick hip turn and great acceleration out of breaks; decent eye for the ball and hands. Seemed like the kind of player that the Pats coaches might have turned into a solid contributor in the Star role if they could have drafted hi in the 3rd round.

Definitely NOT the 2nd round, of course. That would've virtually guaranteed he'd be a bust.

;)

I can see where they were going with Peppers, though. I wasn't high on him at all (I made posts in the Draft forum to that effect), but they had just secured Garrett and Peppers' ceiling, should they have been able to find a position for him, could have been high enough to justify the pick. It just didn't work out. But Brown's drafts were by no means terrible. I can think of teams that have done worse. What did him in was essentially passing on Goff, skipping over Wentz, and then skipping Watson. Now that the early returns have come in on each QB, coupled with the fact that the Browns have won one game in the last two seasons (thus far), Brown was a dead man walking.

Dorsey arguably helped the Chiefs improve while he was there (2013-2016). OTOH, when he took over, the Chiefs weren't quite the basket case that the Browns are.
From what I read, Dorsey was/is a good talent evaluator, but a poor communicator and a poor disciplinarian.

Seems like a bad fit for CLE, IMHO, where it's clear there is already a culture of mistrust between coaching staff and front office, and a lot of leaks to the press, and a lot of ill-disciplined players.

IMHO the best move for Dorsey would be to clean house so he gets a coach on the same wavelength as him, but as above, the problem is that his own personality would be reflected in that coach.

In short, there's a reason KC dropped him the way they did. This is a bad hire. Be prepared for more of the Browns Experience going forward.

From what I read, Dorsey was/is a good talent evaluator, but a poor communicator and a poor disciplinarian.

Seems like a bad fit for CLE, IMHO, where it's clear there is already a culture of mistrust between coaching staff and front office, and a lot of leaks to the press, and a lot of ill-disciplined players.

IMHO the best move for Dorsey would be to clean house so he gets a coach on the same wavelength as him, but as above, the problem is that his own personality would be reflected in that coach.

In short, there's a reason KC dropped him the way they did. This is a bad hire. Be prepared for more of the Browns Experience going forward.

Plus hes not very structured, organized and makes decisions in a vacuum. He also plays favorites to players who HE drafts.

With that said he does have a good record of evaluating talent.

CLE needs talent but it also needs leadership. To your point I don't see this as being successful long term either

Taking the last 7 weeks into consideration, however, one could come to the conclusion that perhaps Dorsey wasn't the problem in KC after all.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back