PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2020 Super Bowl pregame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been floated out they often coasted with the lead. I believe that is partly true.

I imagine that many 15-1 teams also took their foot off the gas quite often. The way I see it, the Chiefs are like an enhanced version of a typical 12/13 win team but not a typical 14/15 juggernaut.

They have a B overall roster and an A+ quarterback or maybe even an A++ quarterback.

Tampa Bay has an A- roster and an A quarterback.

I imagine that many 15-1 teams also took their foot off the gas quite often. The way I see it, the Chiefs are like an enhanced version of a typical 12/13 win team but not a typical 14/15 juggernaut.

They have a B overall roster and an A+ quarterback or maybe even an A++ quarterback.

Tampa Bay has an A- roster and an A quarterback.

Coaching is Tampa’s undoing

Coaching is Tampa’s undoing
I gotta admit watching the Bucs with their coaches, ST failure to stay in lanes, 1st down run up the middle every series, desperation bomb on 3rd and long, single safety vs Chiefs etc. is taxing.
I do credit them for kill shot guts throwing the bomb to Miller seconds before halftime when everyone expected a short pass for FG position.

He also averages playing in the Super Bowl every other year!
He averages winning a Super Bowl every 3 years.
When he's in the Super Bowl, 60% of the time he wins every time.

No comment about the child on life support, but this is worthy of complete outrage...

1612650545458.png
....oh what disrespect by the media!!!

They should pepper the KC coaches and players with questions about this little girl in ICU due to negligence by one of their coaches. Let them feel the pain her family is going through.

He also averages playing in the Super Bowl every other year!
He averages winning a Super Bowl every 3 years.
When he's in the Super Bowl, 60% of the time he wins every time.
If you believe the he can consistently improvise his way to success, you will pay top dollar. I think he has been too inconsistent and the anti-Brady in terms of precise execution. Just guessing that he’s not Bill’s cup of tea.

Last edited:
Fisher was elected to the Pro Bowl. :rofl:

it’s not just the loss of Fisher, it’s the cascading effect of replacing him with a backup RT, moving a RG to RT and starting a backup at RG.
This kind of chain reaction to a missing starter can wreck havoc on a team. Hmmm . . . When has that happened to the Pats in a Super Bowl? Butler.

My take on offense: Advantage TB.
QBs - push. M is dynamic but Brady is clutch.
WR - push. TB has Evan's, Godwin, AB, Miller, Chiefs can match but not top that.
TE - push. Brate is playing good, while Gronk can block and still rip a 30 yarder.
Rbs- push
OL - advantage TB. Chiefs tackles are injured.

My take on defense: Big advantage to TB as they have too many game changing disruptors.
Interior Dline - advantage TB. Suh and Vea.
DE - advantage TB. JPP and Shaq
LB - advantage TB. White and David.
Safety - push
CB - push

Coaching - Advantage Chief.

I honestly think the talent on the TB team is so underrated. The Chiefs have been coasting and getting lucky. This is the 1st real test for the Chiefs while TB has been dealing with adversity all year and are battle tested.

If they had better coaching, I think TB would win by more than 10 points. It's going to be like the GB game. TB will clearly be playing better but the lousy coaching will keep the game close. The O can go point for point with the Chiefs. Ultimately the TB defense will be the difference in the win.

This kind of chain reaction to a missing starter can wreck havoc on a team. Hmmm . . . When has that happened to the Pats in a Super Bowl? Butler
I don’t think you can overlook the OLine situation but if someone can scheme their way around it it’s Reid and he has the QB to capitalize on off-script stuff. I’m thinking though that Tampa’s DLine WILL get home enough to throw a wrench in the works and the game is won or lost in the trenches...just like any other contest.

I don’t think you can overlook the OLine situation but if someone can scheme their way around it it’s Reid and he has the QB to capitalize on off-script stuff. I’m thinking though that Tampa’s DLine WILL get home enough to throw a wrench in the works and the game is won or lost in the trenches...just like any other contest.
Belichick couldn't do anything with the talent he had with the Pats this year. Same goes with Reid and the Chiefs Oline, not against what is shaping up to be a defense playing at it's peak. There is just too much talent on the TB defense. The TB D in the playoffs has been the best in the league.

Chiefs were crumbling against a top D last year against SF. They only won because Mahomes did just enough and JG chocked when it cam time to deliver the goods.

My take on offense: Advantage TB.
QBs - push. M is dynamic but Brady is clutch.
WR - push. TB has Evan's, Godwin, AB, Miller, Chiefs can match but not top that.
TE - push. Brate is playing good, while Gronk can block and still rip a 30 yarder.
Rbs- push
OL - advantage TB. Chiefs tackles are injured.

My take on defense: Big advantage to TB as they have too many game changing disruptors.
Interior Dline - advantage TB. Suh and Vea.
DE - advantage TB. JPP and Shaq
LB - advantage TB. White and David.
Safety - push
CB - push

Coaching - Advantage Chief.

I honestly think the talent on the TB team is so underrated. The Chiefs have been coasting and getting lucky. This is the 1st real test for the Chiefs while TB has been dealing with adversity all year and are battle tested.

If they had better coaching, I think TB would win by more than 10 points. It's going to be like the GB game. TB will clearly be playing better but the lousy coaching will keep the game close. The O can go point for point with the Chiefs. Ultimately the TB defense will be the difference in the win.
The biggest advantage is Vea. He’s of Tongan descent...do you know who else is?
C9A82F2C-D7BC-400A-B4FD-A92EF3E2C012.jpeg
That’s right...Haku. The biggest hardass in the history of professional wrestling. The only man that Andre the Giant truly feared. He will eat your eyeball!

Belichick couldn't do anything with the talent he had with the Pats this year. Same goes with Reid and the Chiefs Oline, not against what is shaping up to be a defense playing at it's peak. There is just too much talent on the TB defense. The TB D in the playoffs has been the best in the league.

Chiefs were crumbling against a top D last year against SF. They only won because Mahomes did just enough and JG chocked when it cam time to deliver the goods.
That and SF inexplicably abandoning the run in the 4th. Then throw in the 3rd & 15 where the 9ers secondary lost Tyreek Hill in coverage.

Last edited:
They should pepper the KC coaches and players with questions about this little girl in ICU due to negligence by one of their coaches. Let them feel the pain her family is going through.
I thought it was a boy who was in critical condition?

If you believe the he can consistently improvise his way to success, you will pay top dollar. I think he has neen too inconsistent and the anti-Brady in terms of precise execution. Just guessing that he’s not Bill’s cup of tea.
The biggest advantage is Vea. He’s of Tongan descent...do you know who else is?
View attachment 30171
That’s right...Haku. The biggest hardass in the history of professional wrestling. The only man that Andre the Giant truly feared. He will eat your eyeball!
Not all Tongans eat eyeballs :rofl: ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes