PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2020 Super Bowl Game Pre-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pick your poison.

I almost wonder if TB is going to be so focused on keeping Hill out of this game, that it allows Kelce & Hardman to go off.

That's not a bad strategy for Tampa, provided that going off is more of the the 5-15 yard paper cuts and not huge gash plays.

This is a crazy stat...

CBS had broadcasted the SB 7 times since 2000.

The AFC team is 6-1. In fact, the NFC team wearing colored jerseys (Home), has never won a SB telecasted by CBS since 2000. They are 0-5.

That's not a bad strategy for Tampa, provided that going off is more of the the 5-15 yard paper cuts and not huge gash plays.
Yep.

It will be interesting to see what they do on defense.

Certainly Bowles must have a completely different game plan than the one from November.

What I can easily see happening:

1. Brady and the WRs rip KC apart but they do it with quick strikes.
2. KC controls the ball and plays dink and dunk, misdirections, end arounds, etc.
3. The Bucs take a lead into halftime by a TD.
4. KC's defense is rested, and Brady is still playing well second half.
5. Bucs defense gets gassed from # of snaps in first half, and they start getting gashed.
6. Brady does his best but he can't keep up with KC and Mahomes shredding the Tampa D.
7. KC takes a page from Patriots playbook and they pull away over a done Tampa defense.

Score at half: Bucs 20 - KC 13
Final: KC 38 - Bucs 36 (failed 2 point conversion)

Use Fournette in the flat. Have Miller in the slot.
Miller is not a slot receiver.

They need to get Fournette going, but he has iffy hands as a receiver

What I can easily see happening:

1. Brady and the WRs rip KC apart but they do it with quick strikes.
2. KC controls the ball and plays dink and dunk, misdirections, end arounds, etc.
3. The Bucs take a lead into halftime by a TD.
4. KC's defense is rested, and Brady is still playing well second half.
5. Bucs defense gets gassed from # of snaps in first half, and they start getting gashed.
6. Brady does his best but he can't keep up with KC and Mahomes shredding the Tampa D.
7. KC takes a page from Patriots playbook and they pull away over a done Tampa defense.

Score at half: Bucs 20 - KC 13
Final: KC 38 - Bucs 36 (failed 2 point conversion)
Kind of like SB 51.

Atlanta was scoring with quick strikes. But their defense was out there alot. 2nd half comes around....and they just can't do anymore.

I doubt Bowles blitzes much with his DL and their backup OL but when he does, he should have JPP fall into coverage, especially if Kelce is on the left slot, and send White after Mahomes.

JPP has been really good at batting down passes and maybe he can even get an INT. White is fast and can get at Mahomes if not expected.

Miller is not a slot receiver.

They need to get Fournette going, but he has iffy hands as a receiver
Use someone else in the slot.

Arians & Leftwich (Whichever calls plays), need to let Brady play offense the way he always has. Dink and dunk. Take what is given.

The goal needs to be to tire out the Chiefs defense. And play ball control.

Quick strikes should only happen if there's a golden opportunity.

This is a crazy stat...

The AFC team is 6-1. In fact, the NFC team wearing colored jerseys (Home), has never won a SB telecasted by CBS since 2000. They are 0-5.
Good thing the Bucs play in white tonight

I doubt Bowles blitzes much with his DL and their backup OL but when he does, he should have JPP fall into coverage, especially if Kelce is on the left slot, and send White after Mahomes.

JPP has been really good at batting down passes and maybe he can even get an INT. White is fast and can get at Mahomes if not expected.
If I were Bowles I would have JPP go full bore at Remmers and see what Fat Andy does.

might be why McCoy is active tonight

Is he really? Weird..I was going to ask yesterday if it made sense to activate him with an expected plan of short passes. Hope he still has something left...was hoping Vaughn would be active. Well, at least I’m glad this implies the team is looking to attack KC on the higher percentage stuff.

This should be a good game. For maybe first quarter and a bit. Then, Chiefs take off.
As in, take the game off. They will lose big.

Bucs will at least run the ball a little which is enough to win.

This is a crazy stat...

Not a good stat for the Bucs but if anyone can stop this stuff it’s brady.

As in, take the game off. They will lose big.

Bucs will at least run the ball a little which is enough to win.
Just my prediction.

It means little.

Something unexpected is going to happen tonight.

Man surreal seeing Brady in a SB with another team. It stings but I’m happy for him and want to see him win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back