PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2020 Super Bowl Game Pre-Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just showed Fat Andy getting on the bus after spending all afternoon talking with criminal defense attorneys.

Brady has 3 interceptions in his right arm.
TB will get blown out if Brady throws three picks tonight. There's zero reason for Arians to have Brady out there throwing bombs left and right. Use Fournette in the flat. Have Miller in the slot.

If you’re a defense and can only shut down one, do you shut down Hill or Kelce?
Normally, I’d say the TE, but Hill is a one-shot kill type of player. Dynamic is an understatement. He is one of those dudes who can take it to the house untouched from the locker room. Kelce is dominant, but can “more easily contained.” So yeah..Hill.

TB will get blown out if Brady throws three picks tonight. There's zero reason for Arians to have Brady out there throwing bombs left and right. Use Fournette in the flat. Have Miller in the slot.

If the passing game is anything like NO or GB, they’re dead. In addition to those three picks, there have been a bunch of near picks on head scratching throws.

This is why I’m still picking KC. If both teams play a smooth game without mistakes, I think Tampa is the better overall team. But I‘m concerned Tampa’s offense will have some wtf plays. KC has the muscle memory on offense that makes turnovers less likely for them.

But it’s the NFL. Another way of looking at is that NO and GB blew huge opportunities. KC might not be so lucky.

Normally, I’d say the TE, but Hill is a one-shot kill type of player. Dynamic is an understatement. He is one of those dudes who can take it to the house untouched from the locker room. Kelce is dominant, but can “more easily contained.” So yeah..Hill.
I think it depends on the situation though too.

Let's say there's 2 minutes left in the SB. TB is leading by 4. Chiefs have the ball. Would you rather Hill go the distance for a TD. Chiefs up 3 now. Brady and Bucs get the ball just needing a FG.

Or....

Would you rather double Hill. But have Kelce slice and dice his way down the field. Ultimately scoring a TD. With little to no time left for TB?

If it's a choice between the two, you take the Hill TD.

Otherwise, Hill is definitely the more dangerous weapon. And the guy that can't beat you.

Julian and Willie now on Nfl Network

Great...

If the passing game is anything like NO or GB, they’re dead. In addition to those three picks, there have been a bunch of near picks on head scratching throws.

This is why I’m still picking KC. If both teams play a smooth game without mistakes, I think Tampa is the better overall team. But I‘m concerned Tampa’s offense will have some wtf plays. KC has the muscle memory on offense that makes turnovers less likely for them.

But it’s the NFL. Another way of looking at is that NO and GB blew huge opportunities. KC might not be so lucky.

This is where I'm at. On paper, maybe the Bucs have more weapons on offense. But I feel like they always have at least a few head scratching plays. Drops. Sack. Unnecessary pick. Their defense bailed them out against NO. But that was mostly Brees crapping the bed. They did well against GB. Not great imo. GB still moved the ball. Tonight...they can't afford to rely on their defense to bail out the offense. It's not going to happen.

With the Chiefs, they don't necessarily score a TD on every drive. But they don't turn it over either. Nor make as many mistakes to take them out of scoring position.

In a nutshell, TB has been playing risky football for two weeks. I think tonight it blows up in their faces.

I don't trust them.

If you’re a defense and can only shut down one, do you shut down Hill or Kelce?
Kelce. He’s the chain mover. But I have a feeling Tampa is going the opposite route after what hill did to them this season.

Kelce. He’s the chain mover. But I have a feeling Tampa is going the opposite route after what hill did to them this season.

Pick your poison.

I almost wonder if TB is going to be so focused on keeping Hill out of this game, that it allows Kelce & Hardman to go off.

I can see a Brady INT when it is 3rd and short and Arians wants to take a shot. Always happens

I think it depends on the situation though too.

Let's say there's 2 minutes left in the SB. TB is leading by 4. Chiefs have the ball. Would you rather Hill go the distance for a TD. Chiefs up 3 now. Brady and Bucs get the ball just needing a FG.

Or....

Would you rather double Hill. But have Kelce slice and dice his way down the field. Ultimately scoring a TD. With little to no time left for TB?

If it's a choice between the two, you take the Hill TD.

Otherwise, Hill is definitely the more dangerous weapon. And the guy that can't beat you.
Fair enough. I just thought it was a black/white question haha. No pun intended.

I can see a Brady INT when it is 3rd and short and Arians wants to take a shot. Always happens
Sometimes I think Arians thinking is "We will throw a bomb here. Who cares if it gets picked. It's like a punt anyways".

Except this isn't the type of game where you can afford this mindset. Every down matters. Every point matters.

If Belichick were on the TB sidelines, I'd pit this game as a 50/50 coin flip.

Meh. I think the Bucs got a little stale having a big lead. I think it’s critical for them to start fast. They got too cute at times. They won’t make those mistakes again.

Fair enough. I just thought it was a black/white question haha. No pun intended.
True.

I'd say Hill is the most dangerous receiver in the game. Maybe not the best. But his skillset is suited perfectly for Mahomes.

I always wonder what would happen if Hill was out for an extended period of time. Could Hardman step in and be a legit # 1 receiver? Or would it be a JuJu situation after A.B. left Pittsburgh?

Note: JuJu was seen as the next best upcoming receiver. Then, A.B. left. JuJu became the # 1 target. And he's proven he is in fact not capable of being a legit # 1.

Twice in the past 20 years a team thought they were starting a dynasty and both times Brady stopped them. First the Rams and then the Seahawks, my money is on Brady stopping the Chiefs a third time !

Just showed Fat Andy getting on the bus after spending all afternoon talking with criminal defense attorneys.
That is the biggest red jacket I have ever seen.

@MahomestoHill

Welcome to the board. Your team has been fantastic on the field for several years now. Mahomes has really exceeded my expectations - you should be really excited about your qB being young + signed for many years.

Not trying to be sassy, I’m genuinely interested. Does on the field play mean so much to you that you’d choose to put Hill in any type of username ? Or do his off field missteps not bother the fan base (or you specifically) as much as it bothers me ? I mean, I love winning and that is why BB is my fav NFL personality of alltime - the winning is paramount. But it just seems to me that Hill is that extra level of « ugh »...

Yeah he's incredible but let's see how he does without Kelce and Hill. So far I will concede his start of his career has been the best. But it's the NFL anything can happen
I’ll argue Brady had the better start. 9-0 playoff record with 3 rings in 4 years in the “old school” league where the QB was still fair game and you could blast everybody.

I think Gronk is going off tonight.

Just a hunch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back