PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Texans @ Patriots, pregame analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Week 1 is an interesting time to play the Texans as it's the only time their highly injury prone team will actually be all on the field.

NFL Network is reporting that Michel won’t play today.

This sucks

I am glad that Michel isn't active.
Agree. Let him get more full speed practice in before putting him at risk. A gimpy knee and not being as up to speed as the rest of the team makes it not worth the risk at this point. Let him heal and get some real practice in so he's ready when he does play.

I’m going to sacrifice a chicken in the hope that Cannon plays. Not a big fan of LaAdrian Waddle.

You need to sacrifice a bigger chicken. Cannon is out according to CBS. I'll take the wings and thighs for the pre-game grill, though. Would you like honey mustard or hickory-bourbon sauce?

NFL Network is reporting that Michel won’t play today.

This sucks
Totally shocked he won’t play. :rolleyes:

I think he’s trying his hardest not to go on IR.

Danny Shelton was a stud pass rusher in the PAC 10, and had the misfortune to be drafted in the 1st round by the Browns. He's a DE/OLB for Bill Belichick who is the greatest LB coach in the history of the NFL. He can definitely flourish and grow into his role here.

He's faced tragedy as a young man. No reason to think he is not a mature 25-year-old ready to make a difference in New England.

Danny Shelton - Wikipedia

I firmly believe that NE would have drafted Shelton instead of Brown if he was still available.

not starting 0-1 this year.

I think Brady has not started 0-1 two years in a row. Honestly other than 2003 and last year has he gone 0-1 in any other seasons? (maybe 2014, i can't remember when that Dolphins game was, might have been week 1)

Looks like Bentley made the 46 . must have really impressed BB
thought he might lose the numbers game this time re ST . hopefully joins some ST teams

Please stay healthy.... I, myself just disrespected Da Burkmeister....

Keionta Davis active with T.Flowers back is a surprise.. I thought Crossen would get the nod over Bentley or Rivers on account of ST..

Derek Rivers is a healthy scratch? Damn.

He reminds me a bit of Jamie Collins' rookie season in that he checks a lot of boxes but is still raw with technique. Also a heavy contain game is not necessarily the best first game for someone like him.

I know there might be a circlejerk if he starts out the first few games inactive but I think he will become a significant factor down the line this season. But that is the best case scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe