PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Super Bowl loss destroyed the Seahawks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of anything sherman may have said...The seahawks have actually done pretty decent compared to other sb losers, even compared to alot of sb winners. Since 98, Theyre the only team that even comes close to us in terms of winning the big one and staying in the hunt the next few years.

I'm still crushed by the first two and a half quarters of last Super Bowl. Winning by only six points is depressing. Does it even count?

Winning by only 6 points?

Compared to the other 6 Super Bowls, this game was a blowout!:eek: No wonder I have no hair left.

It's not the SB that destroyed the Seahawks but the fact that they stumbled into great players in late rounds during 2 drafts but were not able to reproduce any of that in the last 4-5 years in combination with said great players getting expensive contracts and removing any depth they had during their 2013 run.

But I am sure that people will continue to tell tales of their supposed great drafting department and whatnot..

If Sherman isn't moved it would interesting to see how he and Wilson co exist and if locker room is divided. Too much has been said back and forth and whether Seattle is done with Sherman's antics and is shopping him or he wants out for obvious reasons, something has to give unless all is squashed by Reg. Season which looks pretty doubtful.

Compared to the other 6 Super Bowls, this game was a blowout!:eek: No wonder I have no hair left.

No hair? What's holding the dingleberry? :D

Richard Sherman and those like him believe they are bigger than the game. This is why they burn bright and flame out just as quickly. Tom Brady knows the game is bigger than him and practices humility and never once acts like he is more important than the team, hence his greatness.

Sherman got into it with the offensive coordinator. BB would decapitate him for that (translation: immediately traded to Cleveland).

It's sad to see the Patriots first 2 Super Bowls forgotten (or relegated to a footnote)...

I'd hardly consider them "destroyed," seeing as how they've still had top 3 defenses both years since then, along with double digit victories. Hell, they came here last year and won, too.

I think the big difference was the fact that they didn't get HFA, as well as some issues on the OL. I still consider them a threat in the NFC. Some of these anonymous source stories are way overblown.

I doubt Brady would be as meek as Wilson was in response to ****'s antics at practice.

I doubt **** would pull that antic with Brady in 2017. At least that's my opinion. TB12 has won 2 championships since the "you mad bro" game. Sherman was essentially an unknown on the east coast when he got in TB12 's face after that **** rant at the end of that 2013 game. He was playing for a team that was never on national television and he wanted everyone to know who he was and how good they were becoming. Pulled it with the Niners too. Now that he doesn't need to pull that to get national attention I guess he sticks to pissing his own teammates off

The seahawks d were bullies... they got punched in the mouth and now their bite and bark are gone.
I don't think that's close to true though, as they've still finished top 3 in points allowed in both years since the SB loss.

Seahawks lost their way. I feel like they were united and lacked egos from The SB48 and SB49 Seasons. Then they got egos, simple.

not so sure about that....

A subtle difference - does Sherman even play offense? If memory serves, Bill O'Brien coached offense and Brady played offense (I wasn't trying to suggest a professional disagreement with a coach earns that result).

Sherman, a defensive player, disagreed with the offensive play-calling and got into an argument on the sidelines with the offensive coordinator, having likely spent no time working/practicing with that unit. ("Do your job." - What is Sherman's job?).

A subtle difference - does Sherman even play offense? If memory serves, Bill O'Brien coached offense and Brady played offense (I wasn't trying to suggest a professional disagreement with a coach earns that result).

Sherman, a defensive player, disagreed with the offensive play-calling and got into an argument on the sidelines with the offensive coordinator, having likely spent no time working/practicing with that unit. ("Do your job." - What is Sherman's job?).

Richard Sherman should shut the hell up. Tom Brady went 13 for 15 on two drives in the 4th quarter that gave the Patriots the lead after being down 10 with 12 minutes to go. Sherman and the Seattle defense had no answer.

Tom Brady's historic performance led the Patriots to Super Bowl 49 win | The MMQB with Peter King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back