PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Butthurt Ensues: This time it is Bruce Arians

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViperGTS

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I've never really seen anything quite like this. First it's the GM, wailing in public, now BA is calling out players etc. What, exactly did the Patriots do to them? Watch them implode :D

I guess that's what happens with the Rodgah effect. Teams have already won because the Commish basically told them they would. That's a huge advantage for the Pats.

Bruce Arians was willing to call out players by name after loss

I've never really seen anything quite like this. First it's the GM, wailing in public, now BA is calling out players etc. What, exactly did the Patriots do to them? Watch them implode :D

I guess that's what happens with the Rodgah effect. Teams have already won because the Commish basically told them they would. That's a huge advantage for the Pats.

Bruce Arians was willing to call out players by name after loss

Me neither. I've heard coaches and players squalk about how they were better than NE (and still lost) and *****ed about headphones, etc but the rhetoric coming out of Ariens and Keim is that of panic and finger-pointing. I always thought that they were better than that and instead a calm, well-run, rational organization.

I think there is something deeper going on here.

I'll bet my bottom dollar that it's all coming from Goody's ass-kissing owner buddy Michael Bidwell and hes ripping into his entire management team for losing to the Patriots. Hes the same a-hole who was autographing deflated football hats for fans at the Super Bowl. He lost to the Pats on national TV and disappointed Goody and 345 Park Ave.

Good. Friggan whiney silver-spooned loser. F-ing Thursten Howell IV

Last edited:
Me neither. I've heard coaches and players squalk about how they were better than NE (and still lost) and *****ed about headphones, etc but the rhetoric coming out of Ariens and Keim is that of panic and finger-pointing. I always thought that they were better than that.

I'll bet my bottom dollar that it's all coming from Goody's ass-kissing owner buddy Michael Bidwell and hes ripping into this entire management team for losing to the Patriots. Hes the same a-hole who was autographing deflated football hats for fans at the Super Bowl. He lost to the Pats on national TV and disappointed Goody and 345 Park Ave.

This. So much this. This is what it was all about. It was an opportunity to destroy the Pats. Give a leg up to AFCE teams and others. It may (doubtful) still happen, but this wasn't the plan. It backfired, and the Pats organization looks even better than it did before.

It just makes me appreciate Belichick more. Don't get too high when you win, don't get too low when you lose. Move on and focus on the next task at hand. In other words, "We're on to Cincinnati".

This. So much this. This is what it was all about. It was an opportunity to destroy the Pats. Give a leg up to AFCE teams and others. It may (doubtful) still happen, but this wasn't the plan. It backfired, and the Pats organization looks even better than it did before.

Its awesome and sad at the same time. All these franchises want to beat the Patriots- badly. Winning is all these owners have. The Cards are a SB contender. This was their moment. Their coming out party as the Sb favorite and the team that beat the Pats. Bidwell knew it. Beating the Pats would get a "atta-boy" from New York and put his team among the elites.

Instead it was Joe Pesci in Goodfellas thinking he was going to become a made guy....

Me neither. I've heard coaches and players squalk about how they were better than NE (and still lost) and *****ed about headphones, etc but the rhetoric coming out of Ariens and Keim is that of panic and finger-pointing. I always thought that they were better than that and instead a calm, well-run, rational organization.

I'll bet my bottom dollar that it's all coming from Goody's ass-kissing owner buddy Michael Bidwell and hes ripping into his entire management team for losing to the Patriots. Hes the same a-hole who was autographing deflated football hats for fans at the Super Bowl. He lost to the Pats on national TV and disappointed Goody and 345 Park Ave.

Exactly, too bad we gave 2 TD's to them, it should be a blowout 27-7

It's beginning to look like the Chargers losing to the Pats in the playoffs in '06, and Tomlinson losing his mind.

It's beginning to look like the Chargers losing to the Pats in the playoffs in '06, and Tomlinson losing his mind.

Its comical. Its like people become possessed when they lose to the Pats in a big game. They lose all their sensibilities. Martz, Warner, Faulk, LT, Fisher, Squealers in 01, Tomlin, Rexy, Polian, Joe Banner, Panthers, Joe Gibbs....the list goes on and on and on.

It's like they decided to get off Prozac

Last edited:
Exactly, too bad we gave 2 TD's to them, it should be a blowout 27-7

Yup! Imagine what final score would have been with Brady & Gronk?! Wasn't it players on Cards that said they wanted Brady playing after he heard he was suspended so when they won it would be even sweeter or something like that? How did that work out?!

Love it.
Arizona varsity got beat by New England JV's.
HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN???????!!!!!!

Let me rephrase that:
Arizona varsity and the NFL* refs got beat by the New England JV's.
Don't think for a second the refs weren't told to tilt the table in AZ's favor a little.

How teams handle losses says more about them than when they win.
New England would be like: "We have to do a better job in all 3 phases and coaching. We're gonna have to work harder."
Instead of taking some of the blame (and they did get out coached), Ariens calls out his players.

I have to be honest. No Gronk, no Brady, no problem. I consider Gronk a huge luxury to have on the field, especially after seeing Bennett out there. Gronk has been hurt before and they won. When I saw Solder didn't make the trip, I thought they were screwed.
THANK YOU, DANTE.

I still bet and won a sushi dinner for my wife and myself.

They all must be pissing their pants now that they have to realize that NE is NE even without Brady.

All this fire is looking like when the mob gives a boxer an order to lose a fight and he wins by accident, like, this game was designed for them to win in a fashion way in prime time, beating the hell out of the Pats. Humiliating them in national TV.

The thunderstorm is coming top-bottom going through all possible layers to the owners until get to the players. Now the players should start pointing fingers to each other, that would be beautiful.

Too bad Bills and Jest play in week 2, imagine the Pats 2-0 and all the rest of the division 0-2?

"Rodger, this is not what you said would happen if we played along with your sh*t show. You told us the Patriots would not be able to recover from you stripping them of their best player for a quarter of the football season and a 1st round draft pick. You told us that would bring them closer to the pack and signal the beginning of the end of the dynasty. YOU LIED!"

On a serious note, maybe we won't see them later this season. They just can't get that loss out of their systems and it's Tuesday. Don't teams normally go back to work on Tuesdays? This reminds me of one of the years the Gators were dominant. Every team they beat that year went on to lose their next game or two. My roommate DJ and I watched this unfold week after week. It was great! The Pats seem to be having the same effect. I'm going to watch AZ's game this week specifically to see how they play.

Regarding cornerback Justin Bethel, who has been dealing with a foot injury, Arians said: “Justin has to decide if he’s going to play with that foot. He was just an average spectator in special teams, missed two tackles. If he’s going to play, he needs to play better or he shouldn’t play.”

Really? You're the coach! And you have a medical staff! Too hilarious!

I'm surprised that there was nothing about their long snapper in the article. That organization is fyah hot right now, and it's so hilarious to see. They really bought into the hype (as did many of the fans *cough*). I was never afraid of AZ. I wouldn't go so far as to say they're overrated, as the D is so fast and aggressive and I do believe Arians is a good coach (obviously), but you're outmatched automatically when the coach on the other sideline is Bill Belichick. I'm sorry, it's just fact and not opinion.

Last edited:

That was one of my favorite moments as a Patriots fan. He was such a **** when they beat the Pats in the regular season. His whole team acted like jerks over that win. And then when the Pats won in the playoffs, he turned into such a sore loser. Starting fights because of a couple Pats celebrated after they won and had the nerve to celebrate on their field. Where else were they going to celebrate. The Chargers acted like they won the Superbowl when they won in Gilette earlier that year and then talked a lot of trash after the game. That win and seeing him almost crying in the press conference was awesome.

Bruce Arians was willing to call out players by name after loss
Just a stupid thing to do IMO. Call them out in the film room, not to the media. Besides I think the biggest factor in the game was that Arians & co were simply out coached big time.

That was one of my favorite moments as a Patriots fan. He was such a **** when they beat the Pats in the regular season. His whole team acted like jerks over that win. And then when the Pats won in the playoffs, he turned into such a sore loser. Starting fights because of a couple Pats celebrated after they won and had the nerve to celebrate on their field. Where else were they going to celebrate. The Chargers acted like they won the Superbowl when they won in Gilette earlier that year and then talked a lot of trash after the game. That win and seeing him almost crying in the press conference was awesome.
The "classy" thing to do would have been to wait until they got back to Foxboro to celebrate . . . according to LT anyway. LOL

AZ was a missed field goal from beating the winningest football team in the world. Probably shouldn't be too upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes