PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Butthurt Ensues: This time it is Bruce Arians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or any other year, for that matter! For all of the "we're 'steel' tough" talk these people like to throw around, all they really do is whine when their team shows up unprepared.

I do think that they show up this year at Heinz field, particularly after the devastating opener last season, but that's a conversation for another day.

Exactly. Kind of related that, it cracks me up when thinking of those teams with Jerome Bettis, when the Steelers offense had the attitude of "It doesn't matter if you know what's coming, you won't be able to stop it." Then, when the Patriots beat them in the '01 and '04 playoffs, they complained "It's like they knew what we were going to do."

Exactly. Kind of related that, it cracks me up when thinking of those teams with Jerome Bettis, when the Steelers offense had the attitude of "It doesn't matter if you know what's coming, you won't be able to stop it." Then, when the Patriots beat them in the '01 and '04 playoffs, they complained "It's like they knew what we were going to do."

Which is even stranger, considering that (then) HC Bill Cowher immediately dismissed that notion, reminding everyone that the Steelers used a wristband system on offense--not signals coming from the sidelines.

Unfortunately, it didn't stop neanderthals like (W)ines (H)ard or James Harrison from attempting to further their ******** agendas, and the majority of Steeler fans still continue to believe such crap.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
Maybe the Pats won because Brady deflated the footballs again?

Oh, wait.

The last time I was able to see "our" team play in person was the loss at Heinz in 2011, and it sucked sitting there watching those yinzers cheer all afternoon.

The ref dropped the ball late in the game. First by not calling Gronk's catch a td which cost us valuable time. Secondly by not flagging polamalu for illegal batting of the ball.

Which is even stranger, considering that (then) HC Bill Cowher immediately dismissed that notion, reminding everyone that the Steelers used a wristband system on offense--not signals coming from the sidelines.

And Cowher also told squealer fans to get over it, saying they stole signals during the game as well.

I write e-mails to Mike Tomlin every day informing him that I have his office, car, home , garage and dog collar bugged...and Bill Belichick pays me handsomely. He's so paranoid he probably has a security expert sweep everything once a week.

As others have mentioned, when you're openly hyping a SB appearance, it may have a detrimental effect on the organization as a whole. That, and the fact that Amazon chose them as the team for the documentary likely didn't help matters. They've received a ton of attention. If you want to take it one step further, those poor people don't have much else to root for out there, so the pressure may continue to mount.

Totally agree. It also gives more context why we see and hear BB always emphasize that "this was just a step" or "this gives us a chance" in those post-victory locker room videos. If you can't "ignore the noise" and let the hype get into your head you will be in for a rude awakening when you can't overcome adversity.

In 01-06 they physically beat teams up.

Now not so much as the rules and the game have changed so much.

Teams are still mortified and stupified

I still think we physically beat teams up. I'm always pleasantly surprised how physical our players are. I don't know what the stat is but I remember reading something about pats opponents losing the next game too because they haven't recovered after playing us. Got to find that article.

Last edited:
Late to this thread but I have been thinking about and I really don't think trashing a player in public is productive. If you have some criticism, do it behind closed doors. Who wants to be berated in public? Between Arians and the GM (? Keim) calling out players by name, it can't have a positive long term effect...If they lose a few early, it could get ugly as everyone had crowned them as SB contenders and they ( coaches and players) don't seem to have the mental toughness.....
Carson Palmer should have kept his mouth shut after the fur ball he coughed up in last year's NFL championship game...............

whats with the cardinals and ranting coaches...

That's a great way to lose a team quickly.
Call out injured players to the press. Humiliate rookies and high-priced free agents.
That will generate no respect.

We may tire of the same line after every loss: "I have to coach better. We have to play better in all three phases: offense, defense, and special teams. You have to tip your hat to [opponent] - they are a tough, well-coached team." But that does one thing: draw everybody together. Arians approach may draw the players together, but maybe not in a way the coach prefers.

Arizona thought that their success from last year would carry over, but it doesn't work like that. They sort of remind me of the 2013 falcons who had a good record the prior year. these expert analysts also didn't help by proclaiming them superbowl contender, for all I know they might end up 9-7 with a bunch of close losses.

People scoffed at, "We're on to Cincinnatti" but there was a reason why BB did it. Turn the page. Move on.

3 days later the Angry Birds are still lamenting over the loss. They need to watch out. They have Tampa at home and they are coming off a nice road win vs ATL. If TB wins AZ I'm not sure what will happen down there...

“The kid’s been doing great,” Arians said. “He didn’t bounce it back there. It was just about two inches too low. We still should make the kick. It’s not like he hit it on the ground. The kid’s been really good.

“We’re going to stick with him. He’s going to be a good player in the future.”

Arians said “there’s no doubt” that a good snap would’ve likely led to a made 47-yard field goal by kicker Chandler Catanzaro.

“It’s the game of inches,” Arians said. “[If] that one was about two inches higher and it’s a game winner.”

Bruce Arians: Cardinals sticking with rookie long-snapper Kameron Canaday

People scoffed at, "We're on to Cincinnatti" but there was a reason why BB did it. Turn the page. Move on.

3 days later the Angry Birds are still lamenting over the loss. They need to watch out. They have Tampa at home and they are coming off a nice road win vs ATL. If TB wins AZ I'm not sure what will happen down there...

Bruce Arians: Cardinals sticking with rookie long-snapper Kameron Canaday

I know. Not much. The hardcore fans will watch them implode and be pissed. Then they will move on to the next thing.

I know. Not much. The hardcore fans will watch them implode and be pissed. Then they will move on to the next thing.

Lotta great golf courses down there and they have PAC-10 football as a fallback (most will say its more important than the Cards).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe