PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stidham already back at it

I’ll go on record that the injury that Jarrett said he said he had that Bill said he didn’t have.
Is what sealed his fate last year.
Bill wanted to see the kid take the job by the horns take serious steps to show he was the guy.
Nursing a injury that Bill didn’t and the medical staff didn’t think was serious.
We all know how old school Bill is.
Bill thought I have Cam Newton who is here everyday first one at practice tough as nails and I have Jarrett who said he was injured when our staff cleared him.
Clearly I see who wants to be the leader of this team.
For those who think Bill wouldn’t hold that Against the kid.
We can go thru many situations where Bill has done this with a player.
your theory has merit.

Has a guy in history ever thrown 3 picks in a row and ever gone on to become good ?

I don’t have high hopes for him given he couldn’t play in meaningless games and McDaniels comments were pretty telling...kid needs to work his ass off. I get the feeling they were very high on him and he was a massive disappointment in TC.

Stidham is done
1. He went to Texas for like a month last summer when BB expected him here.
2. He said he was hurt last year when medical said he was fine, BB was done.
3. He threw 3 picks in a row, nobody has ever done that and become good.

I'd rather have:
- Brissett back
- Trubisky if low cost
- JimmyG if low cost to trade for.

Again, if the Patriots thought they had anything in Stidham, why didn't he play in the last two meaningless games? No one has been able to give me a plausible answer to this simple question.
Probably because none of the people on here coach for the patriots so no one has that answer

I'm super upset Brady didn't retire in the sunset like we all hoped, but it sounds like people wanted Belichick to sign Brady to a massive 4-5 year contract at the age of 40-41?

Even Brees has been living off of 1-2 year contracts since 2016.

I honestly don't think it was money. Brady was pissed at Guerrero banning and it made him disgruntled. After that, every little BB quirk probably annoyed him more and more. He and Gronk likely complained to each other and both bounced when they could.

I know they're professionals but they're also people and we can all relate to the feeling of hating your boss once he screws you over. Brady knew his talent and was tired of always being linked to the guy he grew tired of.

Just my opinion. BB's quirks drove him away. That's the other edge to his coaching/gm sword. The same attitude that molded Brady into a pure winner with an amazing work ethic ended up being what drove them apart. (again, my opinion)
Brady already had amazing work ethic. You cannot teach that.

This is what we lost:

Brady came into the NYFL with a strong work ethic and respect for authority. That's what made him a perfect fit for Belichick's style.
Yea I didn't want to make it sound like BB turned a bum into a winner. Brady clearly always had the fire and desire to win. I just think BB enhanced that and steered him away from distractions that can swallow stars.

He drilled in the little things like not stressing over a loss. Moving on yet not overlooking your next opponent.

Nice. Hopefully Palmer can teach him not to panic and drop his eyes at the first sign of pressure whilst launching the ball to parts unknown. He has all the physical tools but his last year at Auburn really did a number on him. He’s continued those bad habits so far.

I want this kid to succeed so bad.

It would justify the "Hope" t-shirt I bought for $19.95
RW, I hate to be that guy, but the hope t-shirt isn't Stidham...
51UpybULnRL._AC_UX425_.jpg

RW, I hate to be that guy, but the hope t-shirt isn't Stidham...
51UpybULnRL._AC_UX425_.jpg
No I bought this.

Stidham is done
1. He went to Texas for like a month last summer when BB expected him here.
2. He said he was hurt last year when medical said he was fine, BB was done.
3. He threw 3 picks in a row, nobody has ever done that and become good.

I'd rather have:
- Brissett back
- Trubisky if low cost
- JimmyG if low cost to trade for.
I was not aware of your first 2 points...

No I bought this.

The guy has my number I used all through sports. I had hope too.

Stidham thought he had the job locked up. The anti Brady. You gotta take every single day like it's the last and earn the job every single day. He should've been at Foxboro for 16 hours a day for 7 straight months.

Are these offseason hard work reports on young unproven guys the kiss of death? Lol I remember harry was supposedly working his tail off last offseason.

To be fair, Harry did improve this year and with a far worse QB throwing him the ball. Now, he didn't improve enough to be worth a first round pick (or even third round to this point), but every single category for him went up per game with the exception of TD's (but let's face it... the TEAM only caught like 12 of those this year, so...)

I’m thinking it’s Jimmy G, Tru, or Mariota.
Draft Mac Jones or Lance.
Just saw a mock draft where Wilson falls to 8 if that’s the case we need to go up and get him.

To be fair, Harry did improve this year and with a far worse QB throwing him the ball. Now, he didn't improve enough to be worth a first round pick (or even third round to this point), but every single category for him went up per game with the exception of TD's (but let's face it... the TEAM only caught like 12 of those this year, so...)

Its a little hard NOT to improve on whatever he did last year. Still a major disappointment, lets see what year 3 brings though, I believe the adage is year 3 is where they break out, if they ever will.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back