PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stidham already back at it

Bill knows and that's all that matters. His actions (and in Stiddy's case, lack of action) speaks loud and clear. Remained on the bench behind the guy who couldn't throw a football when the Pats were eliminated from playoff contention. That's more than enough that needs to be said about his future or potential as a Patriot.

Had to laugh at the comment on twitter about Stidham that Manning also a tough first year. Imagine actually comparing Pick Six Stiddy to Peyton Manning. :rofl::thumbsup:
I didn't make that comparison.

And you don't know why BB did that. Neither do you. Was he afraid of putting Stidham in too soon? Did he have an agreement with Cam, or just out of respect for Cam's work this year, decide to let him try to redeem himself somewhat for 2021?

You don't know.

Back at it?
Back at WHAT?
There never was an "it".
Ergo there cant be a "what".
So,Ian, what is it?

Remember when the Patriots drafted Tom Brady, the greatest QB ever and he stepped right in and started his rookie year?
Ok, remember the start of his second year when Bill declared Tom Brady the starter after his second full preseason?
Ok remember, after Bledsoe played like crap the first few games of Tom's second year when Bill benched him and mad Brady the starter?

Stidham may end up sucking, he may end up being cut this year, or he may end up being an all pro, but regardless, drawing conclusions from a lack of a second year qb playing much may not be a good tell with Bill.

Are these offseason hard work reports on young unproven guys the kiss of death? Lol I remember harry was supposedly working his tail off last offseason.
Harry’s already training hard for the upcoming season.

1612901787956.gif

He has been underwhelming to date, but Stid may still have a career in the NFL, maybe with another team. While he will get a look in TC, it will take a lot to sell BB.

I do not believe Stidham is an NFL QB but him and his wife at least seem like likeable kids on their social media. She's waaaay overboard with the makeup, she already looks good without it.

Sooooo, we're crapping on guys for getting to work early and trying to improve, now?
It's why this Board has gone to hell. Some "Patsfans" don't really seem like Patriot fans. It's fine to be critical and fine to root for Brady but this is still an NEP website isn't it?

Maybe, but you wouldn't know because we've never really seen him in real action
What we have seen has been pretty awful. And how do you explain the fact that he was unable to take the starting job from arguably the worst starting QB in football last year? I'm open to him being starting caliber QB. That would be great. But it's not looking promising.

We're bringing Jimmy G back. Drafting 2 WRs. Signing another. We're gonna be rocking in 2021
The guy who wet himself in the Superbowl? Who can't stay on the field and does not seem to learn from his mistakes? No thanks?

Bill knows and that's all that matters. His actions (and in Stiddy's case, lack of action) speaks loud and clear. Remained on the bench behind the guy who couldn't throw a football when the Pats were eliminated from playoff contention. That's more than enough that needs to be said about his future or potential as a Patriot.

Had to laugh at the comment on twitter about Stidham that Manning also a tough first year. Imagine actually comparing Pick Six Stiddy to Peyton Manning. :rofl::thumbsup:
Manning is definitely much better at comitting sexual assault and throwing teammates under the bus after playoff losses.

It takes a lot of practice to be exceptionally awful, apparently

I think it would be a lot more sad to watch the GOAT spend his final years on 11 win Pats teams that get knocked out in round one every year while media idiots talk about his "decline" while ignoring the fact that he has nothing at skill positions on offense. The fact that he was able to throw for 4000 yards, 24 TD, and drag that team to the playoffs last year is as much of a testament to his greatness as anything. Be happy for him. He's earned it.
I can't agree, because if he was here and BB got him some weapons I don't think he'd be on an 11 win team that got knocked out every year. And even if he was, so what? Isn't that better for us fans? I'm happy for him but at the same time mad at BB & the Pats who let him go too soon and seemingly over nothing. Now we have nothing. Part of Brady's value, which they seem to have thrown out the window with the bath water, is that he was always willing to take a home-town discount, even though he's the best damned player in the NFL. Now to get a QB anywhere near his caliber we are going to have to pay top-dollar, which means we'll either remain in cap hell or have a crappy cheap QB. Or we'll have to catch lightening twice in the draft. Not bloody likely.

If they just "gave in" (God forbid) to some of his outrageous (NOT) demands, we'd still have our beloved QB and a competitive team.

It's why this Board has gone to hell. Some "Patsfans" don't really seem like Patriot fans. It's fine to be critical and fine to root for Brady but this is still an NEP website isn't it?
I ****ing hate this team’s guts.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back