PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stidham already back at it

Reading the name 'Jordan Palmer' was a shockingly obscure, blast-from-the-past late evening blow to the senses.

So I therefore felt the immediate need to google his name, and the second entry claims that the other Palmer is now a hot commodity 'go-to-coach'?

Wow, amazing story.

We just watched Brady win a Super Bowl for another team. Depressing to think at one point the team actually thought this guy could be a better option.
I don’t for one second think Belichick believed Stidham was “a better option” than Tom Brady. He did know he was a $24.5 million cheaper option, though, at a time when cap space was very tight. Really, we don’t know if Bill really thought Stidham would start. If he didn’t sign Cam it may have been some other QB. Bill never said anything that I’m aware of that sounded like he felt Stidham was starting material.

I don’t for one second think Belichick believed Stidham was “a better option” than Tom Brady. He did know he was a $24.5 million cheaper option, though, at a time when cap space was very tight. Really, we don’t know if Bill really thought Stidham would start. If he didn’t sign Cam it may have been some other QB. Bill never said anything that I’m aware of that sounded like he felt Stidham was starting material.
Fair point, but if Cam wasn’t sitting there for $1m in all likelihood Stidham would have started.

I guess I’m just bitter they never gave Tom the multi year deal and he retires a Patriot. He deserved it.

Him & Palmer have been with Lawrence and others - working out, on the board drawing up plays. Let's see if he makes a jump this off-season

Fair point, but if Cam wasn’t sitting there for $1m in all likelihood Stidham would have started.

I guess I’m just bitter they never gave Tom the multi year deal and he retires a Patriot. He deserved it.
I'm super upset Brady didn't retire in the sunset like we all hoped, but it sounds like people wanted Belichick to sign Brady to a massive 4-5 year contract at the age of 40-41?

Even Brees has been living off of 1-2 year contracts since 2016.

I honestly don't think it was money. Brady was pissed at Guerrero banning and it made him disgruntled. After that, every little BB quirk probably annoyed him more and more. He and Gronk likely complained to each other and both bounced when they could.

I know they're professionals but they're also people and we can all relate to the feeling of hating your boss once he screws you over. Brady knew his talent and was tired of always being linked to the guy he grew tired of.

Just my opinion. BB's quirks drove him away. That's the other edge to his coaching/gm sword. The same attitude that molded Brady into a pure winner with an amazing work ethic ended up being what drove them apart. (again, my opinion)

Road to the Super Bowl

When would-be NFL quarterbacks looked at Mahomes and asked themselves "What has he got that I don't?" the answer is "unique levels of God-given athleticism". But when they looked at Brady the answer is "insane levels of dedication and competitiveness" and that is something you can do something about -- if they weren't out to practise next morning, I wouldn't look at them.

Stidhim will be here competing. Anything he does to get better is great. He is a 3rd year player. Some people are harsh on young players because their lives suck and they need to channel their misery onto others to feel better about themselves.

Good for Stidhim, I hope he wins the starting job and has a great career so all the haters can eat the crap they've been spewing.

Wasn't it Jordan palmer who said that stidham was the best QB in his draft class?

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back