PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Start rooting for pittsburgh and 2nd XMAS...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is what it is. Nobody was more wrong than you, and you have zero credibility on the topic, as a result. So you calling out others for having more concern about one team or another, given the stupidity of your recent takes on the subject, is absurd.

You don't have to take anything I say seriously if you don't want to. But I've been right far more than I've been wrong.

We all know, including you, that if NE is firing on all cylinders, they'll beat any opponent put in front of them. If they were to play well below their potential and lay an egg, they'd very likely lose against any team. But that's not something any of us can predict.

For crying out loud.... It's not about "fear". It's about avoiding a 2010 outcome.

2010 isn't happening this season.. I am so confident I would bet my left nut that they are at the bare minimum making it to the AFCC. And I would be shocked if they weren't in the Super Bowl.

Let's think of it this way. Most people would tend to agree that............

1.) The Pats have the best odds to win the Super Bowl.

2.) When the 100% is divided up by the 12 playoff contenders, I'd say the Pats have a 35-40% chance of winning.

My point is that even the team with the best odds (the favorite) is still more likely to not win the championship than to win it. If there were even odds between the Pats or 'the field' to win it, I bet more people outside New England would pick the field.

So even though we consider ourselves to be the best team, there is still reason to have interest in the potential path to playoff glory because the championship is far from a guarantee.

Last edited:
2010 isn't happening this season.. I am so confident I would bet my left nut that they are at the bare minimum making it to the AFCC. And I would be shocked if they weren't in the Super Bowl.

Having destroyed the NYJ, 45-3, just a few weeks earlier, 2010 wasn't happening in 2010.

Until it did

Having destroyed the NYJ, 45-3, just a few weeks earlier, 2010 wasn't happening in 2010.

Until it did

I know but that was weird and bizarre. Anything is clearly possible.. we all know that. But I would give any 3 of the possible divisional match ups a 5% chance to win.

And it its the Texans less than 1%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents