PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Things a falling right for PatsNation

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only concern about the Pats playing the Texans is that in the week leading up to the game, so much will be written about them not standing a chance that they will be motivated enough to overcome their "deer in the headlights" fear of playing in Gillette.

Looks like Savage vs Cook for the right to go to the divisional round

Boxing term.... (wiki)....The phrase originates in the childhood pastime of kicking a can down the street—a boxer is advancing his career with minimal effort by defeating a "tomato can" and notching a win. "Tomato" refers to blood: "knock a tomato can over, and red stuff spills out."
Dude, I learn something new from you all the time. Thanks for the info.

My only concern about the Pats playing the Texans is that in the week leading up to the game, so much will be written about them not standing a chance that they will be motivated enough to overcome their "deer in the headlights" fear of playing in Gillette.

They can get as motivated as they can possibly muster.. The Texans who I have watched multiple times this season have never once impressed me. They are boring and either unable to get any sort of chunk yardage or they so friggen conservative and tight.. they just don't get much done on offense. There defense is pretty good considering what they have put up with on the other side of the ball. I pickd the Texans to win there home game vs the Raiders but I could totally see Oakland winning... well actually not really Oakland is a mess.

Well technically they got a bye next week too!

After losing 4 of their first 5 games Miami beat Pitt 30-15 in week 6 to start a run of 6 straight wins.

I agree. I remember the 2012 year when the Pats crushed the Texans and the Ravens came to town after a tough fight in Denver. I thought that would work out perfectly for the Pats. I think a harder first game makes a better second game. I think of 2001, 2003,2004, 2014 - each of those years had a tough first round matchup.

We are both the best offense and the best defense in the afc playoffs.

And best special teams.

Weather is such a wild card this time of year. An ice bowl, or heavy cold rain, creates a lot of opportunity for funny bounces.

If ANY team can come into the Razor and flat out beat the Patriots you slap them on the butt and say,"Good luck in the SB!"

Only thing that gives me the slightest pause in the AFC is the Chiefs short-passing game, which I think is the Pats' weakest defensive point (and today proves again that the refs won't call pick plays against the Pats D).

Patriots were playing it safe to protect from the deep pass. They would switch up the defense against a chiefs team that struggles to get the ball downfield.

Chiefs are riding on luck like the Broncos of last year. They won too many games in the final minutes when opposing teams made stupid mistakes. I wouldn't discredit them for making use of the opportunities though. They're a complete and well balanced team and are not afraid to play on the road. It wouldn't be easy beating them or Steelers at home in AFCCG (neither should it be).

I ain't scared!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents