PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stafford traded to Rams

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. 20 years ago Brady was in his first year playing. You are drawing an absolute false equivalency.

No one knew who Tom Brady or Bill Belichick was back then. The equivalency remains true.

Just think......
For 17 weeks, Bill stepped out of character and waxed poetically about his new QB who had perhaps the worst QB season in the NFL over the past 35 years
And has BB's kinder-gentler approach achieved its intended purpose of making NE appear to be a more attractive destination for quality football players?
It's certainly not trending in the right direction so far and in fact a couple of stars would seemingly rather have their testicles ripped out than end up in NE

I can't fathom why NE emissaries such as Bill O'Brien, Jack Easterby, Matt Patricia, Joe Judge, Eric Mangini, etc haven't been able to deliver a message that resonates.
Their cheeriness and positivity should be infectious !!

It’ll be Deshaun for Jimmy. Caserio gets his guy back.

What does this say about the state of the Patriots? Not good. Dumpster fire or Pats? I'll choose the dumpster fire...
Might say that some losers, like Stafford, would rather be rich losers than get coached and win ? Might say that he was criticized by Patricia, for the first time since kindergarten, and wanted to cry in the corner ? Might mean all kinds of things...

Last edited:
Florio has taken Curran under his wing and is tutoring him how to toss grenades then cover your ass.

Remember the first years of PFT...
"Sources say Player X asks to be traded"
10 minutes later
"Player X resigns with his team"

Curran is in the grenade tossing stage of his national exposure development

You mean with BB record at drafting WR and having no TE and having XFL level talent at WR stafford didn't want to come here. I am surprised.
You’re right ! BB : biggest loser in the world. They hate their coach.

What does this say about the state of the Patriots? Not good. Dumpster fire or Pats? I'll choose the dumpster fire...
Nothing spectacular. What we all knew. We are in a rebuild and without the winning we are not an attractive location and that's extra true for a QB who is looking at who he's going to be passing to. Winning cures everything. That's Bills job.

I stopped reading at “those days are gone forever.” Damn, so this team will be a non-competitive entity in the NFL until the Sun goes Supernova?
It did take us 40 years to win our first one, so...Yeah those days are gone forever (especially as long as there's a Belichick in the building), unless I live to be 100...

It did take us 40 years to win our first one, so...Yeah those days are gone forever (especially as long as there's a Belichick in the building), unless I live to be 100...
There’s absolutely no way to know that, but if you want to live that miserably then all the power to you. If you live/think like that constantly, then yeah... there’s absolutely no way you’ll live to be 100. Hell, you may not even make it to 80.

Just think......
For 17 weeks, Bill stepped out of character and waxed poetically about his new QB who had perhaps the worst QB season in the NFL over the past 35 years
And has BB's kinder-gentler approach achieved its intended purpose of making NE appear to be a more attractive destination for quality football players?
It's certainly not trending in the right direction so far and in fact a couple of stars would seemingly rather have their testicles ripped out than end up in NE

I can't fathom why NE emissaries such as Bill O'Brien, Jack Easterby, Matt Patricia, Joe Judge, Eric Mangini, etc haven't been able to deliver a message that resonates.
Their cheeriness and positivity should be infectious !!
I will say that it doesn't help that one of the biggest **** shows in the league is infested with former Patriots staff and sounds like bizarro world. Helps even less that the two most high profile QB's on the market had serious issues with former Patriots staff. Helps even less that the guys that ditched the Patriots to do their own thing are playing in the Super Bowl and looking like they couldn't be more happy.

I used to think it was hilarious that Bill succeeded despite his coaching tree failing everywhere, but there does seem to be some downside to 20 years of infesting the league with some untalented head cases.

Patricia?

With our offense the way it is, I understand. Patricia could also be a reason. Another one could be he just doesn't want to play for BB. Some players really like playing for him, and some would rather play literally anywhere else.

why would anyone assume the Patriots wanted Stafford at this high a cost to begin with?

It wasn't a high cost. The Rams PAID the Lions to unload Goff. The Lions HC has a six year contract and they are rebuilding...in two years if Goff hasn't gotten better, they will move on from Goff and use their pick haul to groom a young pup.

There’s absolutely no way to know that, but if you want to live that miserably then all the power to you. If you live/think like that constantly, then yeah... there’s absolutely no way you’ll live to be 100. Hell, you may not even make it to 80.
Whatever age to which I do make it, the NEP will NEVER win another SB as long as there is EVEN ONE Belichick in the building. Fact.

It wasn't a high cost. The Rams PAID the Lions to unload Goff. The Lions HC has a six year contract and they are rebuilding...in two years if Goff hasn't gotten better, they will move on from Goff and use their pick haul to groom a young pup.
Exactly. The Lions basically said "we know we are rebuilding, we will take Goff and give him a test run and absorb his contract while we do so for you and you give us future picks for the rebuild".

The Pats weren't going to ask the Lions to carry deadweight for them.

Ouch! Stafford giving us the Heisman. First Watson saying he would want to play for the Jets and now Stafford. This off-season is going to be even tougher than I had imagined to acquire talent. Taking Patricia back was probably not the brightest move.

PS.... local boy Curran can only be getting out-of-market scoops from one source....
A source with a NE agenda
Who would know more about QB movement than a QB agent

The Yee to Curran pipeline has been pumping at 110%

Whatever age to which I do make it, the NEP will NEVER win another SB as long as there is EVEN ONE Belichick in the building. Fact.

I was looking for a reason to use the clowndell rating. Hahaha

Please take that as a joke. I fear your wrath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back