PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stafford traded to Rams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever age to which I do make it, the NEP will NEVER win another SB as long as there is EVEN ONE Belichick in the building. Fact.
We will see. Hope you’re wrong. I love ya, Cap. I agree with a lot of your stuff. So take what I’m about to say with a grain of salt or accept it as constructive criticism. I’m not trying to roast you here. People like you will get a cancer diagnosis, and one of two things will happen. Either A) you change your mindset and start thinking that the glass is half full prior to battling. You can still be a “realist” this way. Or B) you remain as you are, shut down, accept your “inevitable fate,” and you’re dead within 6 months. I hope this never happens to you, but if it does, I hope you go with option A, my friend.

In 20 years, has a player on the trade block ever come out and said I will go anywhere but NE? Feels like the twilight zone.

He is going to be 33 in a week. To old to learn a new playbook that’s heavily geared towards timing and fully meshing with WR’s he has no experience with. I don’t blame him.

free agents and veteran players are not going to want to come to New England. Why do people not understand this? The winning is gone. there is not the guarantee of a first round by and playing divisional weekend at home any longer. those days are gone forever. The coach is not a player's coach and these players of today want no part of belichick's discipline.
I've been saying this ever since Brady left and I knew the season was going to be down the toilet. The stadium is in the middle of nowhere in a strip mall. by NFL standards Gillette stadium is getting long in the tooth by now as it is 19 or 20 years old. Massachusetts is not tax-friendly state And there is a perception that Boston in this area is racist and the local media does nothing but feed that fire.
The only way the Patriots are going to get free agents to come here is going to be to overpay. People are not coming here to play for Bill Belichick. And they're not coming here to play with the second coming of Tommy Hodson.
there is nothing alluring about this area unless you want to pay pretty high taxes and wear a mask everywhere you go and have your kids in remote schooling indefinitely. Not to mention some of the highest real estate prices outside of LA and New York City
Yes, you always know everything. You predict the pats season or game score when they come out of the tunnel so accurately . You have always been right .About everything.

Kentucky Fried Movie ... Will your wisdom ever fail?

Patricia a BB line coach flamed out spectacularly in Detroit. I am not surprised that Stafford did not want to bring his talents to new England.

Kentucky Fried Movie ... Will your wisdom ever fail?

I love the Kentucky Fried Movie...This (& the Groove Tube a year or two earlier) was the first of that fantastic, near decade-long run of late '70s-early/mid 80's comedy classics...

Wish we had rolled with stidham from the beginning but no we had to get cam. We could have been looking at the top 5 pick with the possibility of getting a franchise QB.

I love the Kentucky Fried Movie...This (& the Groove Tube a year or two earlier) was the first of that fantastic, near decade-long run of late '70s-early/mid 80's comedy classics...

Zucker and Abrahams certainly wrote a comedy of extraordinary magnitude. I am sure your comments have earned their gratitude.

Getting a feeling this whole story is an embellishment of the actual truth as these things tend to be.

Maybe he had reservations about playing here specifically but it wouldn't surprise me if the real truth was that he just had preferred teams he'd rather be traded to and reporters ran with "NE was the only team he didn't want to play for".

If the price the Rams paid was what it took to get him, it's probably for the best that he didn't come here. And by "probably" I really mean definitely.

the fact that the lions got goff , it is a good chance they wont draft a QB. one less team looking for a QB if the pats are interested in drafting one. Although mike reiss thinks drafting a QB is not that great an idea at #15

Suddenly it all makes sense. With Brady/Guerrero/Yee no longer relevant, Curran has better sources with other teams than with the Patriots.

It's funny how Curran become anti-Belichick right around the time Brady & Belichick seemingly had a fallout. Would not put it past him to be throwing something out like this even if it isn't true. Helps that narrative that no one wants the Pats without Brady. Just like how he threw out the other day how Pats were gonna be uncharastically aggressive in free agency. I mean doesn't really take a source to come to the opinion that Pats will probably spend in free agency with how much cap space they have (and the more the can get with cuts/restructures) and pieces they need to add.

Conversely, Goff was born in California, went to UCLA and was drafted by the Rams.

Traded to Michigan. He probably doesnt own a winter coat.
This guy has a closet full ready to go at a moment’s notice...
1612126524054.jpeg

People trusted Brady and took discounts to play with Brady

Name me the players in their prime that took a discount to play with Brady because I can't recall any. A guy like Revis didn't take a discount to play with Brady, he took a discount because he was getting paid by Tampa still and could go to a contender for a lesser deal. Gilmore didn't come cheap, he had a top of the market deal. Brandin Cooks was traded for. Amendola got a big deal for a guy that hadn't done much and guys like Brandon LaFell, Chris Hogan and Brandon Lloyd got their market.

I mean this seems to be the narrative that is starting to be built going into free agency that no one wants to come to the Pats because Brady isn't here, so no more discounts but I honestly can't remember any player in their prime taking a discount to come to NE.

bet curran couldn't wait to spit out this anti patriot nugget and is why i can't stand the boston media in any form but onto brighter things....brown 25 and talking male parts along with chevy chase and richard belzer were hilarious.

Take him to Detroit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back