PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

shannon sharpe says to take out TB12's knee...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skiiiiiiiiiippppppp

Can you imagine if Tedy Bruschi said this about Lamar Jackson, the uproar? First because a Patriot said it. Second because a white player said it about a black quarterback. I don't want to revive the political forum and I'm super liberal on social issues but I don't think I'm wrong in saying people would use the race card. Sharpe's an idiot but I'm not calling him a racist. Just saying I bet Tedy would get fired in this situation. FS1 should send him the way of the dinosaurs, Marshall Faulk and Warren Sapp. But they won't because this type of click bait gets approved.

BTW Terrell Davis and John Elway have both been pretty supportive of Brady so I'm not sure why horse face has made this his mission.

Also where was Shannon when TJ Ward took Gronk out? I'm sure he was cheering wherever he was.

I don’t recall media personalities tweeting a call to action on Twitter like they’re pissed off. Saying something as an observation on a television show isn’t comparable to what Sharpe did in my opinion.

But it’s not like I’m all pissed off about & losing sleep. I just think it’s really strange...but maybe not for Sharpe.
Let me put into a few words what you think is strange. You’re against Sharpe saying that a blocker, who is also the quarterback, should be hit in football... a contact sport. Are you starting to realize how ridiculous that sounds yet?

Can you imagine if Tedy Bruschi said this about Lamar Jackson, the uproar? First because a Patriot said it. Second because a white player said it about a black quarterback. I don't want to revive the political forum and I'm super liberal on social issues but I don't think I'm wrong in saying people would use the race card. Sharpe's an idiot but I'm not calling him a racist. Just saying I bet Tedy would get fired in this situation. FS1 should send him the way of the dinosaurs, Marshall Faulk and Warren Sapp. But they won't because this type of click bait gets approved.

BTW Terrell Davis and John Elway have both been pretty supportive of Brady so I'm not sure why horse face has made this his mission.

Also where was Shannon when TJ Ward took Gronk out? I'm sure he was cheering wherever he was.
Even worse... imagine if Tedy said that (peel his cap)... about a NATIVE AMERICAN QUARTERBACK!

source.gif

Let me put into a few words what you think is strange. You’re against Sharpe saying that a blocker, who is also the quarterback, should be hit in football... a contact sport. Are you starting to realize how ridiculous that sounds yet?
I think you should re-read his post again and the manner in which he phrased it.

I’d also love to see a similar example from another media person calling for a specific player to be “lit up”. Can you provide one?

We see it differently and neither of us is right or wrong. Just different opinions

I think you should re-read his post again and the manner in which he phrased it.

I’d also love to see a similar example from another media person calling for a specific player to be “lit up”. Can you provide one?

We see it differently and neither of us is right or wrong. Just different opinions

If guys weren't going to be looking for opportunities to light a QB up, why would the league have needed to put in a rule about hitting QBs after turnovers?

Ever play contact sports?
Lighting someone up and getting lit up is a major part of the fun.
When I played hockey, a well timed hit where you splash someone against the boards was more fun than scoring a goal.
That's why you wear pads...so you can run into each other.

Brady was getting a little of the action.
Sometimes it's nice to be the windshield instead of the bug.
Why do you think offensive linemen like to run block?

I haven't seen the clip, but from seeing some of his other blocks, I'm guessing he went pretty low and it was pretty lame.
If you put yourself out there blocking, yes, you can get lit up.

Ever play contact sports?
Lighting someone up and getting lit up is a major part of the fun.
When I played hockey, a well timed hit where you splash someone against the boards was more fun than scoring a goal.
That's why you wear pads...so you can run into each other.

Brady was getting a little of the action.
Sometimes it's nice to be the windshield instead of the bug.
Why do you think offensive linemen like to run block?

I haven't seen the clip, but from seeing some of his other blocks, I'm guessing he went pretty low and it was pretty lame.
If you put yourself out there blocking, yes, you can get lit up.
Pretty sure the topic is Shannon Sharpe calling for Brady to be lit up. It’s on twitter

Pretty sure the topic is Shannon Sharpe calling for Brady to be lit up. It’s on twitter
It's not worth it. Close this thing down. Some people are arguing to argue. A TB12 hater posts on social media that he wants him blown up when he goes down the field and somehow this has turned into a conversation on 'of course he can be hit going down the field'.

The irony that Sharpe's Broncos OL was considered so dirty because they were always going after defender's knees. I remember one of them taking out Charger's NT Jamal Williams 15 yards down field from behind when the runner was already down. That wasn't a one off.

You could lump in tight ends with the OL but Sharpe couldn't block so I guess he gets a pass instead. That and his hatred of all things Patriots is probably why he dismissed Gronk as the GOAT and thinks it's Gonzalez without question.

Sharp is the guy with a tongue that's too big for his mouth. He needs tongue reduction surgery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes