PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

shannon sharpe says to take out TB12's knee...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can always count on at least one thread about Rob Parker, Chris Simms, Max Kellerman, or Shannon Sharpe on the front page of this forum on any given day.

Can always count on at least one thread about Rob Parker, Chris Simms, Max Kellerman, or Shannon Sharpe on the front page of this forum on any given day.
Maybe an appreciation thread is in order?

You understand that “take his head off” does not necessarily imply that defenses should be hitting him illegally, correct? Brady should get trucked whenever he blocks. That he doesn’t speaks to the pure volume of respect he has from players around the league.

That's the ugly truth. I understand the argument for 'in the pocket' and ball carrier who is sliding protection, however, QBs (even Tom Brady) outside of those situations deserve no special protection except that afforded any other player.

Awesome TB wants to block but, IMHO, Brady!!! get your ass down! and let Thuney, Harry, Roberts, Jules etc do the downfield blocking. Brady is too damn valuable to be injured on a few extra yards on a double reverse.

Someone call the National Guard! Shannon's feelings were hurt by Brady!!!

Eh. He doesn’t hate him. Sharpe has said lots of times Brady is GOAT. He’s playing a character.

If Skip was anti Brady Shannon would be a Tom fanboy.

So true! Sharpe is trying so hard to be Stephen A. Smith, but fails miserably. I do not think he is even 1/1000th as articulate as SAS. Most everything he says is wrong...

Sharpe is just butthurt because when he played Broncos > Patriots.

20 years later and it's Patriots >>> Broncos.

He’s saying Brady should get lit up like a Christmas Tree whenever he goes out to block. And he’s absolutely right.
It’s just not something a talking head should be tweeting. He has no skin in the game and shouldn’t care if Brady succeeds or fails.

He’s not an anonymous opposing fan on twitter. Do you think Boomer Esieson would Tweet this?

Last edited:
Oh no, someone thinks hitting in a contact sport is a good strategy!
That’s not the point. The point is, NFL commentators don’t tweet out calls for smacking a quarterback like it’s personal in some way.

shannon tweeting that is no different than Skip Bayless tweeting it. After all, Shannon doesn’t have any more of a reason to tweet that than any other commentator

It’s just not something a talking head should be tweeting. He has no skin in the game and shouldn’t care if Brady succeeds or fails.

He’s not an anonymous opposing fan on twitter. Do you thing Boomer Esieson would Tweet this?
You serious, Clark? You think Sharpe is the only media personality to have put that out there before?

I'm not sure what has possessed you to think you have any kind of argument on your side, here. Players have been saying what Sharpe said, in one form or another, for a long, long time.

Here's an example from 2013:

If Seahawks QB Russell Wilson tries to block, Falcons will 'take a good shot at him'

There's a reason the NFL changed the rules so that QBs can't be drilled after a turnover, after all.

We argue all day long. The bottom line is (as far as I'm concerned) when a player says something like that, it's more or less acceptable. When a mediot calls out to take someone out, that's different. That's how I see things.

We argue all day long. The bottom line is (as far as I'm concerned) when a player says something like that, it's more or less acceptable. When a mediot calls out to take someone out, that's different. That's how I see things.
Then you should go see an optometrist.

You serious, Clark? You think Sharpe is the only media personality to have put that out there before?
First time I’ve seen that kind of call to action from a talking head. Almost like Brady’s block pissed him off. Just a strange reaction to me

How is Sharpe any different than Bayless, SA Smith and all the other mediots?

I remember the hit where a Buffalo player almost took Brady’s head off although Brady was the runner not blocker. Definitely illegal today. Maybe that’s why people won’t hit a Brady when he blocks or Jackson when he runs.

First time I’ve seen that kind of call to action from a talking head. Almost like Brady’s block pissed him off. Just a strange reaction to me

This is spot on. Of course you can hit Brady when he becomes a runner but Sharpe wasn't posting that to educate the people about NFL rules.

How bout we smash MushMouf in his piehole?

Huh? After Brady threw that half-assed block on Blount’s run against the Jets in 2016, there was a very vocal reaction, both in the regular media and social media, that he should have been lit up. What Sharpe said is no different aside from the fact that he used some Ebonics to describe it. This very forum is advocating to light up Lamar Jackson after he hands it off at the mesh point. Brady is no longer protected in the pocket and he’s intentionally inserting himself into the play as a blocker. This is a contact sport. Therefore, he should get hit just like any other guy. It’s remarkable how soft this place gets when a guy says something that should be common sense about one of our own. Like people forget that this is a violent sport.

By the way, mods, can we change the thread title? Sharpe said absolutely nothing about going after Brady’s knee. That’s a fake news type of headline.

Sharpe hates Brady.

The end cant come soon enough. When Brady came out with TB12 and the magical powers of avocados, Sharpe implied that Brady was taking more than just avocados to imply PEDs. Sharpes positive words about Brady are a script and an act that he gets paid to follow. Bottom line.

Also, nobody should be promoting that any player deliberately target another's head in an NFL trying to limit brain injuries. OL,DL,LB or any player. Contact in the heat of battle is unavoidable. Dooshbag advice from a Dooshbag like Sharpe is what it is.

Huh? After Brady threw that half-assed block on Blount’s run against the Jets in 2016, there was a very vocal reaction, both in the regular media and social media, that he should have been lit up. What Sharpe said is no different aside from the fact that he used some Ebonics to describe it. This very forum is advocating to light up Lamar Jackson after he hands it off at the mesh point. Brady is no longer protected in the pocket and he’s intentionally inserting himself into the play as a blocker. This is a contact sport. Therefore, he should get hit just like any other guy. It’s remarkable how soft this place gets when a guy says something that should be common sense about one of our own. Like people forget that this is a violent sport.
I don’t recall media personalities tweeting a call to action on Twitter like they’re pissed off. Saying something as an observation on a television show isn’t comparable to what Sharpe did in my opinion.

But it’s not like I’m all pissed off about & losing sleep. I just think it’s really strange...but maybe not for Sharpe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes