PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Wynn tore Achilles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disgraceful that profits(luxury boxes) and some engineering firm from KCs decision to orient the stadium differently from old Foxboro stadium caused grass not to grow. The height of Gillette paired with the orientation does not allow enough sunlight into the stadium. Now the turf ruins career after career.
Bastards must responsible for my lawn too:mad:

Just wondering what if anything the Gillette phony turf plus playing an unfamiliar position and the different footwork required of it had to do with this injury...

Ryan Ramczyk + 2 3rd-round picks for one year of the lost little Cookie + Wynn + a 6th looks better by the day.

Croston did not play last night . even when John went out to injury Waddle went back in from 1st unit for the last part of the game. Very curious since no inj news about him was mentioned. He was also outplayed by Tobin and John in the first game . and played more guard this preseason..

Croston is the nephew of my neighbors boss.

How much did the lack of practice play into this as well?

Seems like some of the players are less conditioned and more are landing on IR.

The only thing helping me deal with this right now is that Wilfork was able to recover from a ruptured Achilles at 30+ years and 330+ lbs along the interior defensive line

The only thing helping me deal with this right now is that Wilfork was able to recover from a ruptured Achilles at 30+ years and 330+ lbs along the interior defensive line

Yea but VW wasn't the same player after that. You could say he wasn't playing VW level before he got hurt (IMO). Granted Wynn is much younger. he'll be fine.

I was looking this am and there was a Broncos/Raiduhs OT who blew his achillies and came back.

Not only Wilfork but Jason Peters and he was a tackle and a big one. He had a pro bowl year the next season and this was past 30 years of age. That’s what gives me hope.

I was looking this am and there was a Broncos/Raiduhs OT who blew his achillies and came back.

Melalik Watson, but he sucks. Not sure if he sucked more after the injury though.

Well, this is bad news.

should of kept solder....he was solid for the last 7 years.

last couple of drafts have produced dud after dud.

Gotta disagree there. I like Solder, but for what he is vs. what he got paid I want no part of that contract. Trent Brown is 90% of the player for 20% of the money.

The Giants have been so bad at tackle for so long that they went and made maybe the 15th-20th best tackle in the league the #1 (at the time, now #2) highest paid

Melalik Watson, but he sucks. Not sure if he sucked more after the injury though.
Thats the guy. Well, my only point is he came back to start as opposed to it being a career -ender

Brown has looked better than Solder. The guy has been a rockstar so far.
i was probably the biggest Brown supporter hyping him up, but he sucked last night. Very disappointed. Then again, he is still getting used to playing on the left side.

un****ing believable

Its SOOOOO frustrating to not be able to see our top picks play and contribute.. and the impact is felt more now because we're trying to maximize the last few years of Brady's career

Top OL prospect that was basically a plug and play on multiple spots across the line is done for the year... terrific.

Worst part of football, by far... so incredibly frustrating and we still have 2 more preseason games to go! YAY!
The worst part of football for every team. I agree it’s very disappointing at this stage of Brady’s career they could end up losing both 1st picks this season. Now that Burkhead is dealing with a “slight tear”, they really need Michel.

Clumsy stumbling injury. I knew right when he did it. His weight went forward ... Snap. It's really a bad sign for a guy , poor athleticism . Non contact injury . Sux. Was he having even a decent camp?.. idk.

Apologies for my negative post but this kind of injury pisses me off. Gotta be real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes