PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss unretired (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I agree about picking up a proven talent instead of a shot in the dark. They gave up what, a 2nd and 4th for Wes? Talk about a HR that nobody saw coming. I like Caserio and in BB I trust. There are some good kids out there but we only have 6 picks (4 in the 1st 2 Rnds.). That scares me taking a WR. As far as Moss is concerned, why not take a low risk, production based contract? If he truly is no longer an NFL player then slice him at minimal dead space cost.

He can't be any worse than Ocho-where are you? Talk about a guy who's done. File the name Johnson under finished.

In regards to the thought that there may be worry with only having picks through rounds 1-4, I would expect a trade or two to stockpile another pick or two in the lower rounds.

Not only that, but I also think (and have thought this for a while) that the NEP are in a pretty decent position as far as core players/returning players on their 53 man roster. They have had a luxury of sorts, although many tend to disagree. Just to prove my point even more, let's look at last yr's draft...most of the players didn't even play hardly at all, and we still went 13-3, got the #1 seed, HFA, and a SB berth...not bad for those who felt that "we didn't have a luxury in last yr's draft."---and there were many...most argued that there were 'a ton of holes,' while I did not see it personally. I do not see it this yr either, especially with a little room in the cap for some FA players.

Going into this yr's draft, we already have 2 players that didn't even contribute who will be playing on the 2012 squad in Dowling and Vereen. Those are 2 bonus picks right there, not to mention a lot more expected contribution from Cannon and Ridley too. Those players right there, along with guys like Moore have barely even made any nick in this team at all.

With the majority of their picks in the first 100 picks, I believe that the NEP have put themselves in a GREAT position to continue to make roster spots extremely competitive (with the exception of a position or two, like any other yr, and that should also be addressed via free agency too. Last yr it was the RB position that needed a burst of youth and depth, this yr there is a need for a couple of positions to be added via the draft and FA too).

To wrap it up...just "how many" draft picks do you actually see making the 53 man roster AND contributing in 2012 (from April's draft)???

If that doesn't prove a team that is pretty 'set' in the current and immediate future, with yet another luxury in the draft (not as much luxury as last yr maybe), then I don't know what the definition would be.

I don't see as many picks for the future as last yr, so I'd assume that the focus will be more on the immediate and near future, as it should be. 6 picks will probably be made into 7 or even 8. Out of those 7 or 8 picks, only 4-5 are going to be on the 53 man opening day roster anyway...

Last edited:
Moss tour starts next week | ProFootballTalk

A league source tells PFT that Moss will begin visiting with potential suitors next week. He’s due to meet with at least one team.

It’s unclear whether the visits will include Moss showing off his supposed 4.3 speed. It’s hard to imagine anyone signing him unless he does.

Moss declared on February 13 that he is returning to football. He is free to sign with any team, at any time.

Last edited:
I honestly wish him well. He was a class act when he came to play us as a Viking.

One wonders if the Saints are preparing for life without Colston.

I wonder if the pats will work him out? There has to be a backup plan if lloyd is too expensive

Can they train Moss to kick the corner covering him as hard in the nuts as he can do?

One wonders if the Saints are preparing for life without Colston.

Exactly. With Meachem and Colston both hitting FA, along with their big play guard and Brees' situation, they may only be hoping to retain one or the other.

It also doesn't hurt that Moss could showcase himself quite nicely in that type of an offense. Big plays, deep routes etc.

I could actually see this working out for Moss, as much as I could never see him coming back here. Then we'd all b!tch about it all season long of course.

I could never see him going to a team like the NYJ and succeeding there. The schemes are like night and day, he'd be lost/misused in the shuffle in my opinion.

The whole situation is weird to me. Sometimes I wonder if he could still contribute, and other times tell me that Brady's INT's would go back up, and that he would either tend to focus in on him too much, or that Moss would get sick of not seeing the ball with the focus being on the underneath guys the majority of the time. If Moss can accept a decoy role, and be happy with catching 40 balls (at best), then I do think the NEP should at least give him a look. The problem with that, is that I think Moss has his mind made up that he's going to "tear it up" this yr, and I can't see that happening in NE.

I could see it happening in N.Orleans though, to some degree.

They need someone in camp for bounty practice.

They need someone in camp for bounty practice.

They hit him in camp just once and they won't have to wait for his regular season fade.

Sounded impressive to be NO heading into last season, didn't it. All those weapons and Brees... Just a little over a month later, no so much. May lose Colston and Meachum and Nicks and a couple of high draft picks and most of the goodwill Katrina provided them.

They hit him in camp just once and they won't have to wait for his regular season fade.

Sounded impressive to be NO heading into last season, didn't it. All those weapons and Brees... Just a little over a month later, no so much. May lose Colston and Meachum and Nicks and a couple of high draft picks and most of the goodwill Katrina provided them.

Once again we see how ephemeral success can be for an NFL franchise as winning breeds key player departures for the big $. I've had some issues with a few of the Pats FO decisions but the record shows a decade of being a solid competitor and a management approach that indicates more seasons of being a top contender. Looking fwd to 2012.

Last edited:
Once again we see how ephemeral success can be for an NFL franchise as winning breeds key player departures for the big $. I've had some issues with a few of the Pats FO decisions but the record shows a decade of being a solid competitor and a management approach that indicates more seasons of being a top contender. Looking fwd to 2012.

Good post. Whenever I start feeling down on the Pats FO for "squandering" Brady, I need to remind myself what a huge accomplishment it's been just to have the run of success we've all enjoyed since 2001.

they say the same thing about brady tho

they say the same thing about brady tho

Sonofanutcracker! Just when you think you've seen or heard the most IGNANT thing possible.

Anybody for putting a bounty on LWK. Jesus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back