PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss unretired (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Saints just might sign Moss,even if just for the offseason to take just a fraction of the news over the bounty situation down a notch.

I honestly wish him well. He was a class act when he came to play us as a Viking.

I'm not sure you would describe him that way if you were a Viking fan.

Once again we see how ephemeral success can be for an NFL franchise as winning breeds key player departures for the big $. I've had some issues with a few of the Pats FO decisions but the record shows a decade of being a solid competitor and a management approach that indicates more seasons of being a top contender. Looking fwd to 2012.

Agreed. I take issue with individual moves, from time to time, but ultiamtely the track record on the whole is hard to argue with. This kind of sustained success is extraordinarily rare in the salary cap era, and hitting on a lot of difficult personnel decisions is key to that.

Brady just made it to the Super Bowl, genius.

genius, did u read the part where i said they...learn 2 read, that wasnt my opinion

brady is a top 5 qb to ever play the game.. only ones i would even think about taking over him is joe and dan, tho i have him below those 2, u cant go wrong with either of the 3.. my post was being sarcastic, sorry if u werent bright enough to get it.

Last edited:
genius, did u read the part where i said they...learn 2 read, that wasnt my opinion

I read your post. I stand by my response.

I read your post. I stand by my response.

if i posted, well brady gives up when hes hit hard.. then u might have a point, but u dont..ive been lurking on this board for years, and imo ur one of the best posters on here, i should have been more clear on what i meant.. sorry

Last edited:
if i posted, well brady gives up when hes hit hard.. then u might have a point, but u dont

When you hide behind "They say", as you did, you get what you got. The one without a point here is you.

Dan who???

you CAN'T mean Done Noringo...ex-Dolphin QB....nah...couldn't be

A league source tells PFT the workout “couldn’t have gone better.” Moss got in and out of his breaks quickly, and he showed great football intelligence.

While we aren’t in the business of contradicting our sources, there technically is at least one way the session could have gone better. Moss could have run the 40-yard dash in 4.3 seconds. Instead, he didn’t run the 40 at a

Moss workout with Saints “couldn’t have gone better” | ProFootballTalk

and the the comback starts now.. get ur 84 jerseys out..:rocker:

Last edited:
Sign da beast!

Jay Glazer ‏ @JayGlazer Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
hearing from multiple sources re Randy Moss workout today he lit it up. Was told he ran about 45 routes and "looked like the old Randy."

Jay Glazer ‏ @JayGlazer Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
From what I gather all parties were pretty floored by his workout. Probably didn't expect him to perform the way he did

Pats Fans: "WE NEED TO SIGN RANDY! SIGN THE BEAST! WE NEED A DEEP THREAT!!":rocker:

After he signs with another team......

Pats Fans:"WHAAAAAAT?&*$%! :bricks:

Boston Media "THE PATRIOTS JUST MADE A HUUUUGE MISTAKE LETTING MOSS GO. THIS GUY IS A BEAST AND THEY NEEEED A DEEP THREAT!!!!!"

I had no question in 2010 or now that Moss could play at a semi high level in the league. Not in yards or grabs but in double digit TD's.

One play doesn't define a season but once I saw him whore Revis with that one handed grab that told me all i needed to know. He mentally melted down more then being done.

Having said all of that. I'm not a fan of saying a guy can play because of a workout against air. These workout things & the hysteria either way good or bad is ridiculous. Really it's hard for a wideout of any NFL caliber to look bad against air.

I had no question in 2010 or now that Moss could play at a semi high level in the league. Not in yards or grabs but in double digit TD's.

One play doesn't define a season but once I saw him whore Revis with that one handed grab that told me all i needed to know. He mentally melted down more then being done.

Having said all of that. I'm not a fan of saying a guy can play because of a workout against air. These workout things & the hysteria either way good or bad is ridiculous. Really it's hard for a wideout of any NFL caliber to look bad against air.

and Moss looked terrific in 2010 training camp. How'd 2010 work out for Randy? He's 2 years older now for the numerics challenged.

The problem is in 2010, Moss couldn't have had a better training camp. Everyone was amazed how great Randy looked in shorts. He was running great routes and catching everything passed in his direction.

Then something happened, he looked like crap in pads and defenders playing him physically.

The thing about Moss is that no one will know what kind of player he really is at least until the preseason when he is in pads and facing defenders who will bump him on the line and fight him for the ball. He could rebound or he could be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST