PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss unretired (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although even the greats such as I decline physically with age, Randy's problem always was how he handled adversity mentally. I believe that even his buddy TFB timed out on the personal energy needed to assuage Randy's psyche. Once Brady could no longer devote the serious time and effort needed for Randy maintenance, BB knew it was time to move on. This is why NFW the Patriots will try another go with Randy no matter how good he looks in a tryout.
I have come out publicly in favor of giving Randy a close look for the speed WR position (with the appropriate amount of IF's), but PWP offers a pretty compelling, and perhaps the best reason for it not to happen.

Last edited:
As Rob stated, he lost it in 2010.

Two years later, at age 35, he's cooked.

To lose draft pick(s), most likely have defensive players suspended, and go from Colston/Meachem/Moore/Henderson to Henderson/Moore/Moss, the Saints are in alot of trouble.

Likewise, league sources tell sportsNOLA.com that Moss had an "off-the-charts workout" that included running the 40-yard dash in the 4.39 to 4.4-second range.

So he has lost more speed, then. It's looking like a WR3/WR4 situation to me, so a team like the Saints would be a good place for him. He'll have Graham, Henderson, Moore, Sproles, Thomas and maybe another receiver (don't know if Meachem or Colston will return, or another receiver will be sought) to keep the defenses from keying on him.

That should still be a dangerous offense.

I'd love to see Randy light it up in the NFL again. Brees throwing to him would be a lot of fun to watch. Also in the NFC he wouldn't be able to hurt us.

Let me thank Randy for his seasons here and wish Randy well with the Saints. Given likely losses in FA, they'll need him. I doubt it, but as long as the Saints don't win the SB, I hope Randy has a super season with them.

Moss, quite like our own Ochostinko, is toast. Can't get any separation. Stick a fork in him.

Moss is going to tear it up with Brees if he goes there

As Rob stated, he lost it in 2010.

Two years later, at age 35, he's cooked.

To lose draft pick(s), most likely have defensive players suspended, and go from Colston/Meachem/Moore/Henderson to Henderson/Moore/Moss, the Saints are in alot of trouble.

The Saints have trouble just about everywhere.....on and off the field....Moss is far from their main concern right now

Moss and the Saints do have one thing in common.....they're both cooked.

The Saints have trouble just about everywhere.....on and off the field....Moss is far from their main concern right now

Moss and the Saints do have one thing in common.....they're both cooked.

Your crazy. lol

I would have been harilious when they cut Underwood right before the Superbowl if they would have brought Moss in. It would have sent the Giants into fits. He would have been able to produce at least as much as stinko.

Sadly he welcome is worn out in Foxboro, despite all the nice nice he is dead to Brady. Too much dog faking.

Sadly he welcome is worn out in Foxboro, despite all the nice nice he is dead to Brady. Too much dog faking.

Maybe saints fans can figure out just what a 'dog faker' is and tell us.
Pherin, will you please post the definition here?
Thanks in advance!

So he has lost more speed, then. It's looking like a WR3/WR4 situation to me, so a team like the Saints would be a good place for him. He'll have Graham, Henderson, Moore, Sproles, Thomas and maybe another receiver (don't know if Meachem or Colston will return, or another receiver will be sought) to keep the defenses from keying on him.

That should still be a dangerous offense.

Follow up on this, as the clocked 40 time seems to have been something that didn't actually happen:

We pointed out on Tuesday that, although receiver Randy Moss impressed the Saints with his route-running, he didn’t run 40 yards in a straight line with a stopwatch ticking.

I’ve re-confirmed, via multiple sources, that Moss indeed did not run a 40-yard dash, because there is at least one report that he did.

Moss didn’t run a 40 for the Saints | ProFootballTalk

I still think he'd be better off going to a quality team as a WR3 type, but his speed may not have declined as much as that report would indicate.

Last edited:
If he is willing to sign for low money I say let him compete for a roster spot. If he make the team feature him in the first two game. Then trade him to Oakland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots