PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

QB carousel predictions

Are people seriously suggesting the Packers might move on from a QB who threw 48 TDs? :oops:

And people complain about BB moving on from Tom Brady after his 2019 season...
1 out 4 in NFC Championship games.

Cap management is huge, and it's gives me an aneurism to try to figure it out. Someone will come here not named Cam. I don't know if I want Glass Jimmy, but every name on this list is better than Cam.

Honestly, I see the Jets sending their 1st round pick, a pick in next year's draft and Darnold to Houston for Watson and a 2nd or 3rd rounder this year.
No telling what Bill will do, but based on age of him and Kraft I wouldn't be surprised if they make a bold move to get a veteran that can win now. That and try to bargain hunt for a successor in the draft (as usual). I would be very surprised if Bill takes a QB in the 1st round.
Looking at his past QB experience he likes game managers who don't turn it over. I'm sure that will be paramount on anyone's resume' that he looks at bringing in. He'll build the team from the inside out, so I expect an OL or LB in this draft (1st rd), lots of defensive players later. His strategy has always been just like Parcells, build the team to win the division and let the rest take care of itself. The Bills can't run and rely on the pass, their run defense is suspect. I expect Bill to get a game manager QB and try to beat the Bills with old school smash mouth and great special teams.

Last edited:
JG wasn't that far off from winning a ring himself and if the ref doesn't call a ticky tack OPI on Kittle or if he hits Sanders in stride he might have.
While that isolated statement is in fact true; the problem with Aladdin is that he is too fragile. I like JG, but he has shown he cannot stay healthy. Why waste assets on the most important position in sports, if he can’t stay on the field? Most important ability is availability..

florio is reporting the Rams are opening up the quarterback competition... Goff is no longer a lock to start... his contract is onerous... it was a mistake to extend him when they did... guess its safe to add the rams to the 2021 qb carousel

• Interesting
Reactions: sb1
IF the 49ers look to make a trade for a veteran, expectation is that they might actually cut Jimmy G

I believe the 49ers would be all-in on byu qb Wilson, if he starts to slide in the draft, I look for them to jump up to get him.

I believe the 49ers would be all-in on byu qb Wilson, if he starts to slide in the draft, I look for them to jump up to get him.

The 49ers are built to win now. I would stick with jimmy and keep my picks but they likely will pursue a QB.

The 49ers are built to win now. I would stick with jimmy and keep my picks but they likely will pursue a QB.

while I hope they move on from jimmy, I imagine they keep him another year. Meanwhile, I think they would love to have Wilson sit a year and then take over for jimmy,

Wilson’s backyard game is perfectly built for shanahan’s offense.

JG wasn't that far off from winning a ring himself and if the ref doesn't call a ticky tack OPI on Kittle or if he hits Sanders in stride he might have.
Jimmy averaged 142 yards per game and had 2 TD’s and 3 INT in the three playoff games.

For comparison even Trent Dilfer averaged 147 yards per game and had 3 TD’s and 1 INT in the Ravens SB win.

If the 49ers had anything but a middle of the road QB that can’t throw deep, they would have breezed to the title as their running game, offensive line and defense were fantastic until the 4th quarter collapse in the SB. They nearly won the SB in spite of Jimmy not because he led them there.

Rumors are that Watson and Houston have moved beyond the point of no return.

Watson did not want this HC. The inmates are running the prison. What a crazy franchise where JJ Watt and the QB are calling the shots. JJ Watt and his coup got rid of BOB and Watson is butthurt because he was not consulted on who the next HC would be.

Rumors are that Watson and Houston have moved beyond the point of no return.

Watson did not want this HC. The inmates are running the prison. What a crazy franchise where JJ Watt and the QB are calling the shots. JJ Watt and his coup got rid of BOB and Watson is butthurt because he was not consulted on who the next HC would be.
I think the Texans should not trade him just to make a point

A few rumours that SF are in the box seat for Stafford and a deal could be done within a week. If that proves true, you have to think Jimmy to NE makes too much sense.

A few rumours that SF are in the box seat for Stafford and a deal could be done within a week. If that proves true, you have to think Jimmy to NE makes too much sense.
The two probable option for Stafford are the 49ers and the Colts. If he goes to the 49ers we go after Jimmy and if he goes to the colts we will go after Jacoby. That’s my feeling

Profootball talk in the UK is reporting Ben Roethlisburger is going to restructure his contract to stay in Pittsburgh for one more year

I’m going into the offseason with the idea that Jimmy G or Marcus Mariota is our QB1

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
Back