PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2021 QB Pool

Are we barred from trading up. Personally, I suspect this to be a better idea than looking for another 4th rounder to be the answer. Of course, this presumes that there is someone that Bill wants beyond the first two, which are out of reach.
Problem is that Bill likes to shop at Filene's Basement for his QBs. Garoppolo might be the only guy he went to the regular store for (but in the discount rack). I'm with you, though - I hope he finds someone he likes that's available pretty high up.

Oh it would definitely require some work, a lot of buy-in from the player himself and a clear plan. But that one intrigues me more than most of the FA names that are being thrown around because at least I can visualize the fit if things don't fall apart.
Played a hell of a game last night. Best Mariota game in quite sometime. Looked composed out there, held onto the ball and kept his eyes down the field.

Very impressive showing. I’d sign us up if that’s the Mariota we’d be getting. It didn’t feel fluky, but it was one game.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Played a hell of a game last night. Best Mariota game in quite sometime. Looked composed out there, held onto the ball and kept his eyes down the field.

Very impressive showing. I’d sign us up if that’s the Mariota we’d be getting. It didn’t feel fluky, but it was one game.
I can't imagine both Mariota and Carr stay with Raiders next year. They'll have to pick one. I'd be happy with either, but would actually prefer Carr. He can be sporadic, but the guy is a leader. He's like a mini-Favre. He's actually been quite efficient of late, and would probably excel in JMD's offense. He'll turn 30 this year, but could give us 6+ years of good ball.

Looked a lot better than he did against us in the playoff game a few years ago.

Mariota is one of those guys who always looked less than the sum of his talents. I saw a fair number of his games and could never figure out if the team was hold him back, or if he had some defect in his game that I wasn't seeing. As a low risk high upside pickup I like him, but I wouldn't bet the franchise on it.

Stafford is a hard guy to judge because the Lions have been such a clownshoes organization, and Patricia only made it worse. His coaching peaked with uh Jim Caldwell lmao

Like I said.. I think he is intriguing and still kinda young. Obviously, he comes with his own baggage otherwise he wouldn't be the backup for the Raiders but to me there is something there to work with.

He always looked pretty accurate in the short/intermediate game -- which would be huge here -- but his tendency to take off too early just led to missed opportunities and -- maybe worse -- exposed him to unnecessary hits that led to consistent injuries.

Not sure if that is worth a third round pick -- that we don't even have thanks to Kraft productions -- but ultimately I feel like his combination of contract (10M 1y) and upside hits the sweet spot this offseason. He will certainly require fewer assets to acquire than someone like Darnold and be substantially cheaper than someone like Wentz.

Not sure if that is worth a third round pick -- that we don't even have thanks to Kraft productions --
Yep. :mad: I still can't believe someone remotely associated with the Patriots would think it was no big deal to point a fking camera at another team's sidelines - after being on the league radar for over a decade it was someone associated with this of all teams that would do that. smh.

Would have been nice to have that third round pick.

I’d really prefer if we just looked for a guy in the draft than try for a redemption project. Brees is like the last one that ended in a SB and that’s such a rarity

I’d really prefer if we just looked for a guy in the draft than try for a redemption project. Brees is like the last one that ended in a SB and that’s such a rarity

No matter if you pick someone in the draft or not you will need a vet QB option anyhow. Looking for a bridge guy doesn't mean the team shouldn't look at what's possible and reasonable in the draft.

After watching last night's game, I might prefer Trask to Jones, even with the 2 fumbles (one called back to Defensive penalty) and that knee brace. I might actually pay attention to the Combine and Draft this year.

After watching last night's game, I might prefer Trask to Jones, even with the 2 fumbles (one called back to Defensive penalty) and that knee brace. I might actually pay attention to the Combine and Draft this year.
Trask is going to be a good NFL QB.

Keep Fields far away from this team, please. That’s all I’ve got to say. I swear I thought I was watching Cam play in a red jersey yesterday.

Last edited:
Trask is going to be a good NFL QB.

hopefully he turns out good, but guts with pop gun arms like trask end up being second or third stringers for teams.

Keep Fields far away from this team, please. That’s all I’ve got to say. I swear I thought I was watching Cam play in a red jersey yesterday.

amen brother. Northwestern and Indiana proved that fields lack of arm strength is a detriment in the passing game and makes him an average qb if the running game is dormant,

Let’s sign Tyrod Taylor. Everywhere he goes, that team almost immediately finds their QB of the future :rofl:

Would rather us draft best player available than draft the 4th/5th QB that doesn’t look like starting NFL quality.

I’d rather roll with Stidham than a limited rookie QB in draft

I’d that is case - draft WR/TE, DT, DE, LB etc and sign a vet ...not that excited about QBs outside the big 3

QB does us no good with our current crop of pass catchers. We need WR's and TE's

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back