PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Days 2017

Two results I was eagerly awaiting were the agility drills for Josh Jones and Jack Tocho from N Carolina State. Not great results for either.

» Safety Josh Jones (6-1 7/8, 222) ran a 4.32-second short shuttle, a 7.43-second three-cone, and stood on the rest of his combine numbers.

» CB Jack Tocho (6-0 1/4, 199) ran the 40 in 4.53 and 4.51 seconds, the short shuttle in 4.18 seconds, and the three-cone in 7.15 seconds.

Pro day results: North Carolina State, Syracuse

I wonder how that affects his ratings? Doesn't look like they've updated the charts for pro day numbers.

Safety

Manx you dont like Obi right? For me he's a chest piece. Want him so much as a LB/S ( Chung ) replacement :)

Manx you dont like Obi right? For me he's a chest piece. Want him so much as a LB/S ( Chung ) replacement :)

I don't mind him but I don't love his film. Would prefer Josh Jones although Jones' 3-cone wasn't great.

Walter Football aren't my favourite guys for "sources" so take as you will

Walter Football aren't my favourite guys for "sources" so take as you will

I watched the livestream, and I agree 100% that Conley looked better. Lattimore wasn't as smooth, and he sometimes jogged through the drills.

Ohio State 40 times from Pro Day:

Noah Brown: 4.57

Craig Fada: 5.07

Corey Smith: 4.68

Dontre Wilson: 4.59

Jarrod Barnes: 4.81

Not bad for Noah Brown. He's a big guy who wasn't expected to blaze anyway.

Hunter Dimick, he of 14.5 sacks and a Combine snub, put up 38 reps today and ran a 4.69. He's 6'2 272 with short arms, and people say he can't play on the edge at the next level. I wonder if he could drop 10 - 15 pounds and play ILB, like Bruschi? I don't know how agile he is, but he's fast and tremendously strong, even if he's lacking some length and bend around the edge. Intriguing guy with a big chip on his shoulder after not getting a Combine invite.

Pro day results: USC, Miss. St., Ashland, Pitt, UConn, Duke

» CB Adoree' Jackson (5-10, 186) stood on his combine numbers with the exception of the three-cone, which he ran in 6.62 seconds. He caught the ball very well, showed great feet, and even showed off on punt returns.

Nice time for him. If we didn't already have a 2nd round corner/return man who is learning the game, then I'd say he would be a prime candidate for that role. So smooth and quick.

LB James Onwualu pro day

Got talked to about both safety and linebacker as potential positions.

6-foot, 228lbs

Bench press: 24
40-yard dash: 4.73
vertical jump: 36"
broad jump: 119
20-yard shuttle: 4.28;
60-yard shuttle: 11.54
three-cone drill: 7.2

Pretty much as expected. No super great number, but nothing that disqualifies either. Just a good all around player with versatility, leadership and special team value.

I watched the livestream, and I agree 100% that Conley looked better. Lattimore wasn't as smooth, and he sometimes jogged through the drills.

From Tony Pauline.

When comparing the two Ohio State sources told me Lattimore is the better athlete but Conley does everything right all the time.

The Ohio State source told me Conley is a better version than Eli Apple, the tenth pick of last year’s draft. This is the second time this month that opinion has been passed to me. The first time was during the combine.

I think if we want him, he'll have to come at 11. After Jones and Moreau, he won't be there at 32.

Pro Day March 23: Ohio State | Draft Analyst

Last edited:
Hunter Dimick, he of 14.5 sacks and a Combine snub, put up 38 reps today and ran a 4.69. He's 6'2 272 with short arms, and people say he can't play on the edge at the next level. I wonder if he could drop 10 - 15 pounds and play ILB, like Bruschi? I don't know how agile he is, but he's fast and tremendously strong, even if he's lacking some length and bend around the edge. Intriguing guy with a big chip on his shoulder after not getting a Combine invite.

Tony Pauline again (see link in post above).

I’m hearing a lot of positive notes from the Utah pro day but the praise for Hunter Dimick has been deafening.

Dimick, who was a combine snub, measured 6030/268 pounds, completed 38 reps on the bench press then ran as fast as 4.69s in the forty. He was then put through defensive line drills and also did a few drops into coverage.

During the March 13th edition of Monday Musings, I stated I felt reasonably sure Dimick would play on Sunday. After today I feel the need to apologize to Hunter for underestimating him.

Going to have to check him out in the morning.

IIRC, Dimick was a standout during Shrine practices. Historically, BB seems to favor such guys at least a bit.

Patriots represented at Stanford, Utah, Missouri pro days

Very interesting note about Josh Augusta. Sounds like he's figured out some health issues and is back to a more manageable weight. That bodes well for his career and future health. Good for him.

I called him a slug on the field earlier this year because his excessive weight (390) prevented him from any lateral movement, change of direction, or burst, but I did note that he had a very impressive first step for a big man. He's a powerful, borderline-explosive player. If he has dropped nearly 50 pounds, and thinks he can go another 10 - 15 lighter, then suddenly he becomes extremely intriguing. Similar profile to Valentine if healthy and playing at a good weight.

Patriots represented at Stanford, Utah, Missouri pro days

Very interesting note about Josh Augusta. Sounds like he's figured out some health issues and is back to a more manageable weight. That bodes well for his career and future health. Good for him.

I called him a slug on the field earlier this year because his excessive weight (390) prevented him from any lateral movement, change of direction, or burst, but I did note that he had a very impressive first step for a big man. He's a powerful, borderline-explosive player. If he has dropped nearly 50 pounds, and thinks he can go another 10 - 15 lighter, then suddenly he becomes extremely intriguing. Similar profile to Valentine if healthy and playing at a good weight.

I have always liked Augusta the best out of all the NT options, since he seemed to be the only one with some potential to go with his size.

His weight has been an issue all year, but him playing at 330 could be a pretty beastly athlete. His power and burst for a big guy when he was a normal weight was something worth keeping an eye on.

I have always liked Augusta the best out of all the NT options, since he seemed to be the only one with some potential to go with his size.

His weight has been an issue all year, but him playing at 330 could be a pretty beastly athlete. His power and burst for a big guy when he was a normal weight was something worth keeping an eye on.

Yup! I remember you telling me to slow down on my dislike and watch '15 tape. Good call. :)

Yup! I remember you telling me to slow down on my dislike and watch '15 tape. Good call. :)

The weight was a significant barrier though. I hate to see big guys careers disappear because they can't get their diet under control.

On the flip side,unlike many DTs, you don't need to worry about bulking him up for our system. His size and length is pro ready, even when/if he shaves down below 340.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back