PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Days 2017

I really like this draft but one possible draft pick at 32 in the first two rounds unless we trade jimmy for a bunch of picks.

Any thoughts on carlos watkins from clemson? Had a good pro day. Leggett also had a good 40 time. This draft look's perfect to draft a tight end and a guy like engram could be there at 32.

Just been watching him and I have to say, the positives outweigh the negatives for me. He takes on OL blockers for fun - very physical. He's about on a par with Collins in coverage, attacks the gaps in the run game and has sideline to sideline range. I would be very comfortable with him at 32, a perfect compliment to Hightower. He does need to go lower in the tackle though.

Yeah, I totally get where you're coming from -- at his best, he's exactly the kind of player we want to round out the LB corp. I just have a tough time with his current value. Most big boards have him as a top 30 or 40 prospect. That's a bit rich for me when there's an obvious hole in his game. I don't know; maybe we get 32 back, and Bill thinks he's worth the risk and can coach him up. I wouldn't be opposed. I just have big concerns.

Would be interesting to see him within our linebacker corps, possibly here at 32 if we get our picks?

Also the latest Mock Drafts have us getting a fair few picks so... we may end up with a lot more than we thought!

Cunningham won't last until 32. Bowser might be there at 32 though.

Yeah, I totally get where you're coming from -- at his best, he's exactly the kind of player we want to round out the LB corp. I just have a tough time with his current value. Most big boards have him as a top 30 or 40 prospect. That's a bit rich for me when there's an obvious hole in his game. I don't know; maybe we get 32 back, and Bill thinks he's worth the risk and can coach him up. I wouldn't be opposed. I just have big concerns.

You talking about cunningham? I doubt he falls to 32

Pro Day March 14: Kansas State & South Carolina | Draft Analyst
The only numbers I have thus far on linebacker T.J. Holloman are his 23 reps on the bench press -- a solid number. The more interesting note is the fact the New England Patriots attended the workout specifically to watch Holloman. In fact I’m told the franchise spent a great deal of time with him during the College Gridiron Showcase in Texas, which took place during the second week of January.

Linebacker Charmeachealle Moore had a terrific day.
After measuring 5115 and 230 pounds, Moore completed 22 reps on the bench, touched 34 inches on the vertical jump and 10-feet even in the broad jump.
His time in the 40 came in as low as 4.61s. Moore looked terrific in position drills

Jordan Willis continued his assault up draft boards.
He understandably stood on his remarkable combine numbers, but Willis participated in positions drills at both linebacker and defensive end and looked terrific.
Those on hand said Willis looked as fluid as the two KSU linebackers who worked out. He was smooth in his backpedal and easily moved in space. As one team put it, Willis is a terrific athlete with high character and an easy evaluation with no holes.
The Philadelphia Eagles had their defensive line coach on hand, while the Tampa Bay Bucs sent their assistant defensive line coach to the pro day. Over the next 10 days, Willis has five private workouts on his schedule.

Is Willis out of reach?

The only numbers I have thus far on linebacker T.J. Holloman are his 23 reps on the bench press -- a solid number. The more interesting note is the fact the New England Patriots attended the workout specifically to watch Holloman. In fact I’m told the franchise spent a great deal of time with him during the College Gridiron Showcase in Texas, which took place during the second week of January.

Linebacker Charmeachealle Moore had a terrific day.
After measuring 5115 and 230 pounds, Moore completed 22 reps on the bench, touched 34 inches on the vertical jump and 10-feet even in the broad jump.
His time in the 40 came in as low as 4.61s. Moore looked terrific in position drills

Jordan Willis continued his assault up draft boards.
He understandably stood on his remarkable combine numbers, but Willis participated in positions drills at both linebacker and defensive end and looked terrific.
Those on hand said Willis looked as fluid as the two KSU linebackers who worked out. He was smooth in his backpedal and easily moved in space. As one team put it, Willis is a terrific athlete with high character and an easy evaluation with no holes.
The Philadelphia Eagles had their defensive line coach on hand, while the Tampa Bay Bucs sent their assistant defensive line coach to the pro day. Over the next 10 days, Willis has five private workouts on his schedule.

Is Willis out of reach?

I was a big willis fan. He could be there at 12 if we traded jimmy for a bunch of picks.

I was getting quite comfortable with the picks as they were. Confused about the direction we might go at 32 now. EDGE, LB, CB? I have no clue.
Two words: Pass, and Rusher.

The only numbers I have thus far on linebacker T.J. Holloman are his 23 reps on the bench press -- a solid number. The more interesting note is the fact the New England Patriots attended the workout specifically to watch Holloman. In fact I’m told the franchise spent a great deal of time with him during the College Gridiron Showcase in Texas, which took place during the second week of January...

If Bill wastes even a 7th-rounder on this nobody, I will sh!t a chicken.

Meh. 7th-round selections are merely a way of making early reservations on UDFAs to avoid competing in the post-draft scrum with 31 other teams.

He's not a great athlete, perhaps, but he did have quite a few interceptions against solid teams. He's good at dropping into coverage, even if he's not a speedster, and that's something we could use. A 7th isn't exactly premium currency.

Pro Day March 16: UPDATE - Clemson | Draft Analyst

Center/guard Cam Keizur, who’s rated slightly higher on our board than his teammate, measured 6035 and 303 pounds, completed 29 reps on the bench and touched 35.5 inches in the vertical jump and 9-foot-3 in the broad jump. His 40 time of 5.1s included a 1.75s 10-yard split. His short shuttle was 4.7s and three-cone 7.68s.

Pretty athletic. Could be an interesting guy in the 7th.

Found a few games. He's pretty physical. Plays under control and with decent balance, but looks to finish guys. Definitely someone to keep an eye on when we bring in UDFAs.

Last edited:
Nice numbers. If only his play on the field lived up to par. I'd have to watch him again, but I remember not coming away terribly impressed.

I've only watched his highlights. Didn't look particularly shifty for a slot guy or dominant enough to be an outside guy. And he body catches. I HATE that.

Merrimack College

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back