PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Days 2017

This TE from Tony Pauline's report on the Alabama State pro day sounds interesting.

Tight end Brandon Barnes measured 6047/255lbs, had an arm of 35 inches and hands which stretched 10 7/8 inches. He pushed up 20 reps on the bench, touched 35.5 inches in the vertical jump and reached 9-foot-6 in the broad. He ran the forty in 4.69s, timed 7.01s in the 3 cone, 12.12s in the 60 shuttle and 4.28s in the short shuttle despite slipping.

Pro Day March 10: UPDATE- Tulsa & Alabama State | Draft Analyst

Washington pro day today. We have representatives there.

@Eric_Edholm's Tweet:

@NFLDrafter's Tweet:

Literally just finished his eval the other day. Absolutely terrible news at literally the worst time.

Holsey with a 4.43 at his pro day. Nice number for him after coming back from injuries.

Exceptional numbers. I don't know if there's much film on Harvard out there, but by testing numbers alone, Max Rich has to be on our radar.

Pro Day March 13: UPDATE from Harvard | Draft Analyst

Fifteen teams were on hand to watch the big blocker who measured 6072/311 pounds, timed as low as 5.04s in the forty, 4.37s in the short shuttle and 7.16 in the three cone. Rich completed 25 reps on the bench press, touched 30 inches in the vertical jump and reached 8-foot-9 in the broad jump.

All in all it was an exceptional workout for Rich, whose game film is solid.

With Sidney jones suffering this injury. One of the worst I've ever had! Torn acl etc.. Achilles is horrible! Do you think he falls?

Unfortunately for him teams could be extremely careful.
Some see it as a career threatening or influencing performance.
Hopefully his young body overcomes.

With Sidney jones suffering this injury. One of the worst I've ever had! Torn acl etc.. Achilles is horrible! Do you think he falls?

Has there been any "feel good" story in the last couple of years about severely injured players that got drafted and still made it ? Can't think of any from the top of my head.

To be fair I think that one of the big differences between early and late draftees is how pro-ready they are. The athleticism and talent level is not as far apart as many think with the exception of blue chip players. So missing your rookie year as a highly touted player is almost equivalent of suddenly being behind most of your peers instead of ahead.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back