PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Days 2017

The weight was a significant barrier though. I hate to see big guys careers disappear because they can't get their diet under control.

On the flip side,unlike many DTs, you don't need to worry about bulking him up for our system. His size and length is pro ready, even when/if he shaves down below 340.

Augusta said he thinks he can get to 330 soon. That's impressive for a guy who reportedly played at 390 at times during the season. You can see the extra spring in his step now. Look at him running a sub 5 second 40:

Some more info on Augusta:

Per the following article, the thyroid condition was discovered "during a physical at the East-West Shrine Game in January." Don't skip bowl invites, kids.
icon_lol.gif

Mizzou’s Charles Harris shows off his athleticism at Pro Day

Nice little breakdown:

Washington Redskins 2017 Draft Profiles: Josh Augusta, DL

Some more info on Augusta:

Per the following article, the thyroid condition was discovered "during a physical at the East-West Shrine Game in January." Don't skip bowl invites, kids.
icon_lol.gif

Mizzou’s Charles Harris shows off his athleticism at Pro Day

Nice little breakdown:

Washington Redskins 2017 Draft Profiles: Josh Augusta, DL

Would be a great 7th round flyer, or priority UDFA. You have to treat this next season for him as a full IR season, and just work extensively on rebuilding his body, but the value he could bring at that stage would be exceptional.

For any curious, the list of guys 340+lbs to run a sub 5 secon 40 in the last 20 years at the combine.

Dontari Poe.

So, Augusta has shown some rare traits, and his explosion numbers tested out above average as well. If his conditioning can improve, add in some significant strength (22 reps not ideal) you could have the steal of the draft. It is a long trek from where he is today, to long term defensive stalwart, but unlike most being drafted in this area, isn't outside his potential.

A worthy risk.

Take it with a grain of salt, but real nice number for Taco:

I've said several times that I think Wormley is one of the most complete (and underrated) inside/outside guys, with legitimate athleticism to play on the edge. He reminds me of a little bit less dynamic JJ Watt. Really good player who is far more technically sound than his linemate TAco.

Defensive lineman Chris Wormley, who was unable to participate in much of the combine due to a pulled hamstring, looked tremendous today.

Wormley timed in the high 4.7s to low 4.8s in the forty, touched 31.5 inches in the vertical jump and posted a broad jump of 9-foot-2. He then looked good in position drills, easily moving around the field.

Has he forgotten Keenan Reynolds last year? I don't think any prospect has been linked more to the Pats than he was.

Reynolds was very obvious, but I think Joe Cardona wins the award for this.

I've said several times that I think Wormley is one of the most complete (and underrated) inside/outside guys, with legitimate athleticism to play on the edge. He reminds me of a little bit less dynamic JJ Watt. Really good player who is far more technically sound than his linemate TAco.

Good numbers.

I am not a big fan, but get why others are. I don't like his bend or explosiveness, but he won't really hurt you anywhere either.

Kindve a master of none player to me

I am not a big fan, but get why others are. I don't like his bend or explosiveness, but he won't really hurt you anywhere either.

Now that we've signed Guy, I'm not sure I see a spot for Wormley. He has a lot of value, given his ability to play all over the DL on all three downs. That's an incredibly useful skillset, even if he's not a premier pass rusher.

I only saw one game and wasn't impressed. Don't really see him as a fit so didn't do any more. Might now.

Now that we've signed Guy, I'm not sure I see a spot for Wormley. He has a lot of value, given his ability to play all over the DL on all three downs. That's an incredibly useful skillset, even if he's not a premier pass rusher.

The Guy signing really shifted the board for me. And you are right about him making wormley redundant.

If our dline was like 2011-12, wormley would be a welcome addition. Just don't see it now.

Eh. Scout him now, pick him up a couple years down the road from the team that drafted him but couldn't figure out how to use him.

Hunter Dimick, he of 14.5 sacks and a Combine snub, put up 38 reps today and ran a 4.69. He's 6'2 272 with short arms, and people say he can't play on the edge at the next level. I wonder if he could drop 10 - 15 pounds and play ILB, like Bruschi? I don't know how agile he is, but he's fast and tremendously strong, even if he's lacking some length and bend around the edge. Intriguing guy with a big chip on his shoulder after not getting a Combine invite.

Took a look at him today - reminded me of a dart player for some reason..

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back