PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Days 2017

In a draft with a lot of really athletic testings, this one is right up at the top so far.

Brandon Wilson CB Houston

HT: 5'11
WT: 200
40: 4.29
VJ: 41
BJ: 133
BP: 22
3 cone: 7..07
Shuttle: 4.31

good gravy.

Last edited:
In a draft with a lot of really athletic testings, this one is right up at the top so far.

Brandon Wilson CB Houston

HT: 5'11
WT: 200
40: 4.29
VJ: 41
BJ: 133
3 cone: to come
Shuttle: to come

good gravy.

I don't know much about him. Has anyone watched him?

Zierlein reports a slower time for Wilson.

So did a little 5 minutes of digging. He played offense and defense over the last few years and kick returning, while being a team captain.

Looks like a bargain Peppers, right down to the lack of interceptions.

I thought the other Wilson looked more technically sound, but Brandon has been on my radar for a while. He was on Feldman's freaks list last year. Interesting late round guy.

Brandon Wilson, Houston, CB
Before we get into his Freak cred, let’s give him props for this: He was the only player in the nation last year with multiple touchdowns in all three phases of the game with two touchdowns each on offense, defense and special teams. The 5-11, 200-pounder with 4.38 speed benches 370 pounds, deadlifts 515, can vertical 40 inches, broad jumps 11-2 and can do pull-ups toting 150 additional pounds of weight.

EDIT: I see on the other page that this was already referenced. I'm just late to the party.

So, Iowa had its pro day today, and George Kittle keeps making me wonder where he's going to go.

Sat on most of his incredible numbers, and added a few more

HT: 6'4
WT: 247
40: 4.53
VJ: 38.5
BJ: 132
3cone: 6.76?!?!?!?
Shuttle: 4.07?!?!?!?!?!?!

To put that in perspective, he has now tested in the top 10 in each of those categories, outside of Bench, for all Tight Ends in the last 18 drafts.

Put it another way, he's a slightly more athletic Jordan Cameron, who also happens to be the best blocker in the draft.

I am totally flummoxed by him. I loved his tape, but figured he was going to be a mid 4.7s guy. Now, he's testing like an elite H back with premier blocking ability, and high level intangibles and toughness.

If OJ Howard gets a pass because of QB play and system, what about Kittle? The production isn't as high as you would like, but everything else is there?

So, Iowa had its pro day today, and George Kittle keeps making me wonder where he's going to go.

To put that in perspective, he has now tested in the top 10 in each of those categories, outside of Bench, for all Tight Ends in the last 18 drafts.

Put it another way, he's a slightly more athletic Jordan Cameron, who also happens to be the best blocker in the draft.

I am totally flummoxed by him. I loved his tape, but figured he was going to be a mid 4.7s guy. Now, he's testing like an elite H back with premier blocking ability, and high level intangibles and toughness.

If OJ Howard gets a pass because of QB play and system, what about Kittle? The production isn't as high as you would like, but everything else is there?

If I was an NFL team he'd be high on my list of 'must draft' prospects. Seems like there's not a lot of downside and a bunch of upside.

If I was an NFL team he'd be high on my list of 'must draft' prospects. Seems like there's not a lot of downside and a bunch of upside.

Same. He is going to get dinged up a good amount because of his size, but there isn't much to really worry about beyond health. And really, that's going to be the reality for any TE you draft because of how hard it is on the body.

I think TE is a secondary draft need, but Kittle is such a clean prospect for me, I would take him easily with our top pick, and would be comfortable if they took him a full round earlier.

Same. He is going to get dinged up a good amount because of his size, but there isn't much to really worry about beyond health. And really, that's going to be the reality for any TE you draft because of how hard it is on the body.

I think TE is a secondary draft need, but Kittle is such a clean prospect for me, I would take him easily with our top pick, and would be comfortable if they took him a full round earlier.

I agree but my only issue would be how they see him. Is he an inline TE or an HB/FB. If they view him as the latter, I think there's less chance. He has a better chance making the roster if he's battling Lengel rather than Develin imo.

I agree but my only issue would be how they see him. Is he an inline TE or an HB/FB. If they view him as the latter, I think there's less chance. He has a better chance making the roster if he's battling Lengel rather than Develin imo.

Agreed. Dwayne allen can already do a lot of the blocking in the backfield if need be, and he's not about to take over the fullback duties from develin.

It would create a fascinating roster possibility if they drafted him and, say, james Conner. All of a sudden, you can play bully ball and just run the ball down anyone's throat. Plus, the red zone plays they worked on two years ago would look a lot more dangerous with Kittle and Allen as the other two options.

Agreed. Dwayne allen can already do a lot of the blocking in the backfield if need be, and he's not about to take over the fullback duties from develin.

It would create a fascinating roster possibility if they drafted him and, say, james Conner. All of a sudden, you can play bully ball and just run the ball down anyone's throat. Plus, the red zone plays they worked on two years ago would look a lot more dangerous with Kittle and Allen as the other two options.

I never understood why they ditched the three TE set in the red zone so quickly. It worked really well. At the end of the day, there are only so many roster spots for skill position players and Lengel and Amendola seem the most at risk to me (amd there's a Blount sized vacancy too0.. If you're taking an offensive skill player in the 3rd or 4th round, you're expecting him to make the final 53. So I see it as a very narrow needle to thread for any offensive skill position taken day two/early day three.

The other thing to consider is that these guys will have to be able to produce on special teams.

Full numbers for Houston pro day: Brandon Wilson Shines at #HTownTakeover Pro Day

Re: Kittle, I think he is an inline TE who has move capability. I'd really, really like to see him develop here.We would have the best TE in football followed by a proven, high-quality #2 and a tremendously talented #3 with incredible upside as well as terrific blocking ability.

Full numbers for Houston pro day: Brandon Wilson Shines at #HTownTakeover Pro Day

Re: Kittle, I think he is an inline TE who has move capability. I'd really, really like to see him develop here.We would have the best TE in football followed by a proven, high-quality #2 and a tremendously talented #3 with incredible upside as well as terrific blocking ability.

And not to rain on this parade, but we have to be shopping for someone to fill Gronks role, as soon as next season. The injuries are an obvious question mark, but I wonder how long he sits happy with his contract the way it is as well.

I am wondering if he gets injured this year, if it's the last we see of him. Or, if he returns to his best level of play, whether or not they can agree on a new extension. Either way, a draft with talent like this at the position, there is some wisdom in covering the issue before it's a gaping hole.

Pretty interesting about a favourite for many on here.

Not sure what to make of it, but definitely raises some question marks.

This is from Tony Pauline at Pro Day March 27: UPDATE- Houston | Draft Analyst

Now for the bizarre.

Redshirt sophomore Howard Wilson ran the forty in the high 4.5s (4.58s), similar to the time he ran at the combine.

Then thing got really strange.

Wilson refused to participate in position drills. When scouts asked if he was injured he told them no, it was recommended he not take part in drills. Scouts tried to coax him into drills by reminding him Myles Garrett, expected to be the first pick of the draft, was scheduled to work out on Thursday. Wilson would still not participate in drills.

Later on Wilson was throwing the ball to former Cougars signal caller Greg Ward Jr, who was warming up for receiver drills. According to eye witnesses someone ran down and yelled for Wilson to stop throwing the ball- which he did.

We rated Wilson as a free agent before all this took place and this only affirms our grade.

That really is bizarre. I wonder if he wasn't cleared medically for some reason?

I suspect his agents have taken one look at what happened to Sidney Jones and said f... this.

Kittle's no longer a secret: Mike Mayock has him rated as the #5 TE now, behind only Howard, Njoku, Everett & Engram.

But to take him with our very first pick, when we need Pass-Rushers & OLmen?
No way; end of the 3rd round is more appropriate, unless a Butler trade produces 2 more top-100 picks.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back