PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Game Thread- Pats @ Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
we get smoked in Jersey...Mac has a horrible game....the media goes beserk...the rumors of Mac's camp wanting a trade out become deafening...a ton of cap space plus high position in 2023 draft...Zappe assumes starter's role the rest of the season...

This is close to happening...

I could see a scenario where Mac gets put on IR, Zappe plays the rest of the season, Bill evaluates him and then based on that evaluation, decides to roll with him again in 2023 or pursue Jimmy G as a free agent. Trades Mac for draft capital and uses that plus his large amount of cap space to fill the gaps in the roster. But some of that cap may have to go to the QB if he did feel he needed to target Garoppolo in that scenario.

I don't feel this is likely but I could see it.

If I see another game that starts with us driving down the field early, getting excited our offense looks good only for Mac to then throw a horrible pick once again I am going to lose it.

Possible side effect of pushing himself to come back too quickly on a high ankle sprain? That doesn't sound great. Why is that being leaked now? Sounds a little suspicious...

That suggests nerve damage or compression, NOT good.

we get smoked in Jersey...Mac has a horrible game....the media goes beserk...the rumors of Mac's camp wanting a trade out become deafening...a ton of cap space plus high position in 2023 draft...Zappe assumes starter's role the rest of the season...

If so... Zappe plays well again and we have the guy, or he doesn't and we have an answer at QB either way.

If Zappe does play well, no more of this carousel nonsense... commit to the kid and move forward.

If you can't admit there's a problem, you can't hope to improve.

Never heard of this guy so I looked him up. Went undrafted in 2018. Spent 2 years in CFL (2018-2019). This is what he did in the CFL:
"Streveler continued to be utilized as a rusher and rotational passer, and finished the season by completing 86 out of 140 passes for 1,134 yards and 11 touchdowns against five interceptions. On the ground, Streveler had 77 carries for 441 yards and 10 more scores."

"Streveler finished 2019 with 1,564 yards passing and eight touchdowns, compared to 14 interceptions in 17 games played. On 127 carries, he put up 726 yards and 12 more majors."

2020 w/ Cardinals. 2021 in Ravens PS. 2022 in MIA PS then to Jets.

He's a gadget QB/RB rushing at 5.7 YPC in both '18-19 w/ 22 TDs.

White will be inactive & this unknown dude comes in as a running QB in a situational role. We see what you're doing Saleh.

That suggests nerve damage or compression, NOT good.
Too much compression on it trying to get swelling down? But I still question who is leaking that to Giardi the day before the game and why.

Too much compression on it trying to get swelling down? But I still question who is leaking that to Giardi the day before the game and why.
Is he still wearing the boot? Because that boot was awful for my messed up ankle. I was frequently in pain and numb.

Good to have Cajuste back in the rotation at T - he's at least as good as Wynn has been lately.
I wondered if Russey would get a call up this year, and Andrews being down may get us a look. Although, lets hope Ferentz doesn't falter to allow that at all.

No, you've got it all wrong. The Jete shutout New England 40-0. Mac re-injures his ankle during an all-out blitz on third and 29 in which Patricia sends all receivers out for a 50-50 ball with empty backfield. Mac curses Patricia under his breath afterward picked up by a sideline mic. BB unloads Mac at the trade deadline and hands the starting job to Zappe, who proceeds to set a league record for batted balls and most turnovers by a rookie quarterback in NFL history.

BB retires at season's end. Patricia is named head coach, Steve Belichick gets the DC job after Mayo moves on and Joe Judge becomes OC. Judge persuades Patricia and Kraft to move up in the draft to get Bryce Young, for which the Patriots spend four first-round picks (through 2026). Young holds out all of training camp but finally signs and is thrust into the lineup after both starting QB Gilbert and Zappe suffer season-ending injuries. "Officially" an inch shorter than Zappe, Young breaks Zappe's record for batted balls under Judge's expert guidance en route to a 2-15 Pats record. Meanwhile, Mac Jones leads the Las Vegas Raiders to the AFC championship game.

This is close to happening.

Last edited:
No, you've got it all wrong. The Jete shutout New England 40-0. Mac re-injures his ankle during an all-out blitz on third and 29 in which Patricia sends all receivers out for a 50-50 ball with empty backfield. Mac curses Patricia under his breath afterward which is picked up by a sideline mic. BB unloads Mac at the trade deadline and hands the starting job to Zappe, who proceeds to set a league record for batted balls and most turnovers by a rookie quarterback in NFL history.

BB retires at season's end. Patricia is named head coach, Steve Belichick gets the DC job after Mayo moves on and Joe Judge becomes OC. Judge persuades Patricia and Kraft to move up in the draft to get Bryce Young, for which the Patriots spend four first-round picks (through 2026). Young holds out all of training camp but finally signs and is thrust into the lineup after both starting QB Gilbert and Zappe suffer season-ending injuries. "Officially" an inch shorter than Zappe, Young breaks Zappe's record for batted balls en route to a 2-15 Pats record. Meanwhile, Mac Jones leads the Las Vegas Raiders to the AFC championship game.

This is close to happening.
Kinda vague. We need a few more details....

Kinda vague. We need a few more details....

Sorry, didn't mean to leave anyone hanging. Raiders beat Tom Brady's Titans 31-0 for the AFC title.

I’ll say one last thing before tomorrow game. I think will find out a lot about Mac tomorrow, does he falter under pressure or does he rise shut all qb talk down.

Guy by the name a Sources

I’ll say one last thing before tomorrow game. I think will find out a lot about Mac tomorrow, does he falter under pressure or does he rise shut all qb talk down.
I would love to see a great game out of him. It feels like we won't, from experience this season. Hope he surprises me. It's not unheard of to have a few games of slump in a QB's sophomore season, but he's responded terribly to date.

We like to blame coaches for what goes wrong and credit players for what goes right, and I probably credit BB more than most for his part in things. I do not think Mac's playing well or confidently.

People named things like Reports and Sources have me almost believing in a narrative where he's jonesing for a certain style of offense and it's not BB & friends' idea of the offense we should be running -- and he thinks he makes that call, and they disagree.

This might all just be bullcrap. How about, this year he's really just not getting it?

Yeah I can be all kinds of patient, given what we saw last year. But wow would I love a good outing this week.

"Numb toes" sounds like Bailey Zappe's one bad series away... again.

I would love to see a great game out of him. It feels like we won't, from experience this season. Hope he surprises me. It's not unheard of to have a few games of slump in a QB's sophomore season, but he's responded terribly to date.

We like to blame coaches for what goes wrong and credit players for what goes right, and I probably credit BB more than most for his part in things. I do not think Mac's playing well or confidently.

People named things like Reports and Sources have me almost believing in a narrative where he's jonesing for a certain style of offense and it's not BB & friends' idea of the offense we should be running -- and he thinks he makes that call, and they disagree.

This might all just be bullcrap. How about, this year he's really just not getting it?

Yeah I can be all kinds of patient, given what we saw last year. But wow would I love a good outing this week.

"Numb toes" sounds like Bailey Zappe's one bad series away... again.
So would I, I really hope he plays well and they come away with a W.

Clearly a must win game if we want anything to play for this year.

I liked the matchup with Wilson but hafta see the status of barmore/dugger first… defense is lost without them .

If Mac starts it should only be at 100% and were not playing hot potato at qb. Trent brown needs to shake wynn syndrome and whoever is probably filling in for andrews this week has to perform.

Special teams needs to be better. Bailey is very overpaid at the moment, I believe he is dead last in net yards at 35.4(https://www.footballdb.com/statistics/nfl/player-stats/punting?sort=puntnet ). We need some plays from the return game.

Winnable game, but should be tough. Good chance to see what the team’s made of if we can rally to victory
I’m feeling like the way that we lost last week at HOME against the Worst (or close to the worst) team in the NFL …showed that they aren’t going anywhere this year….will be pleasantly surprised if they do turn it around !

Never underestimate Matt Patricia's talent to screw things up (on offense at least).
No I would say talent overall to screw things up should not be underestimated offensively and as HC….I’m assuming that everyone remembers Detroit HC!

Look...I'm as diehard a Patriots fan as I have ever known. I'd love to shoot my mouth off about how our team is going to waltz into the Green Swamp and dominate.Looking at this year's team, with this facacta coaching staff, with these aging, seen better days O linemen, with this crippled D line that gets little to no penetration, with these safeties masquerading as linebackers bouncing off runners and receivers left and right, with this punter seemingly imploding before our eyes and with a ST "unit" with more cracks than the Grand Canyon, I have to be honest to MYSELF and admit that tomorrow could be the second coming of Bart Unitas Peyton Aikman..and we'll still get slaughtered by a team bent on revenge...a team that has been our footstool for a generation.

O Patriot God in the sky...punish your rebellious servant Joe Kerr by rainng down TD's and FG's like brimstone from on high..and destroy the Green Sodomites where they stand! Lord Hear Your Prayers...

Look...I'm as diehard a Patriots fan as I have ever known. I'd love to shoot my mouth off about how our team is going to waltz into the Green Swamp and dominate.Looking at this year's team, with this facacta coaching staff, with these aging, seen better days O linemen, with this crippled D line that gets little to no penetration, with these safeties masquerading as linebackers bouncing off runners and receivers left and right, with this punter seemingly imploding before our eyes and with a ST "unit" with more cracks than the Grand Canyon, I have to be honest to MYSELF and admit that tomorrow could be the second coming of Bart Unitas Peyton Aikman..and we'll still get slaughtered by a team bent on revenge...a team that has been our footstool for a generation.

O Patriot God in the sky...punish your rebellious servant Joe Kerr by rainng down TD's and FG's like brimstone from on high..and destroy the Green Sodomites where they stand! Lord Hear Your Prayers...

God-the-Father-Sistine.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye