PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Game Thread- Pats @ Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barmore being out is the worst news !!

Agreed. He will probably be out next week too, and then he gets the Bye. I think Andrews was concussion protocol so maybe he is back before the Bye? I imagine Duggar is back next week. It is a good time for the Bye for the Pats.

Getting everyone ready for a Saturday:

Vs. Chi., why could he not get the ball DF, but Zappe could? Were they not asking him - or permitting him - to take those shot downfield? But immediately on Zappe entering the game, they were like "Screw that, Bailey, get out there and sling it"? Because he immediately went long a couple of times. I need to re-watch that game to figure out that exact evolution...
Despite all the fake narrative, turns out Zappe (14) has more deep passes than Mac (13); passes deep more frequently (every 6.6 att) than Mac (every 7.9 att), is more accurate (64%), and productive (2 TD/0 Int).

Despite all the fake narrative, turns out Zappe (14) has more deep passes than Mac (13); passes deep more frequently (every 6.6 att) than Mac (every 7.9 att), is more accurate (64%), and productive (2 TD/0 Int).
Yeah, there's no mystery to me that right now, the guy you put in to win is still Zappe. The narrative right now is that you have patience with your first round pick. Okay. He just may or may not be the guy long-term. I've said before that two promising young QBs is a good problem to have. Certainly better than not hitting on either pick. But the spectre of that problem also looms.

You just posted in the previous post that Mac has 21!

Read my response to your post in that thread. 21 was the sum of all 20+, 30+, 40+ & 50+. I failed to realize that the 20+ already included the others. I made a mistake and corrected it here:

Yeah, there's no mystery to me that right now, the guy you put in to win is still Zappe. The narrative right now is that you have patience with your first round pick. Okay. He just may or may not be the guy long-term. I've said before that two promising young QBs is a good problem to have. Certainly better than not hitting on either pick. But the spectre of that problem also looms.

Read my response to your post in that thread. 21 was the sum of all 20+, 30+, 40+ & 50+. I failed to realize that the 20+ already included the others. I made a mistake and corrected it here:

Isn't there a Zappe versus Mac thread?

When you run the ball well and play good defense, you always have a chance. The Jets do both of these things well and have been improving as the season has gone on. This won’t be an easy game, especially with two of our best defenders at their respective positions in Barmore and Duggar out.

My biggest concern, getting into a hole because our QB turns the ball over, and them simply being able to beat us up and control the clock using the run game. Then inserting our rookie backup QB and asking him to play the hero. Just like every game this season, if we get good efficient mistake free QB play we'll win this game... if we don't, we won't. Sound familiar?

Possible side effect of pushing himself to come back too quickly on a high ankle sprain? That doesn't sound great. Why is that being leaked now? Sounds a little suspicious...
Someone is positioning for Mac to do poorly. It doesn't make sense for the team because they would be admitting that they played him when he was not ready. Very sad if this came from Mac and his handlers. At this point he needs to produce if he is on the field.

Someone is positioning for Mac to do poorly. It doesn't make sense for the team because they would be admitting that they played him when he was not ready. Very sad if this came from Mac and his handlers. At this point he needs to produce if he is on the field.
Yeah... exactly. That's what I'm saying. Who is the source here? If it's Mac's associates then they are basically making excuses before the game which is not great. If it's the Pats, then it's almost like they are giving you a last minute reason to not be surprised when/if Bill puts Zappe in again. I don't think either option is good.

I feel like it kinda has to be coming from Mac's side because the Pats removed him from the injury report... so if they wanted it to be known he's still not 100% they would have left him there.

we get smoked in Jersey...Mac has a horrible game....the media goes beserk...the rumors of Mac's camp wanting a trade out become deafening...a ton of cap space plus high position in 2023 draft...Zappe assumes starter's role the rest of the season...

This is close to happening...

we get smoked in Jersey...Mac has a horrible game....the media goes beserk...the rumors of Mac's camp wanting a trade out become deafening...a ton of cap space plus high position in 2023 draft...Zappe assumes starter's role the rest of the season...

If this happens Bill should be given the option to retire before getting fired. Cause he’s let this **** show go down.

Jacobi seems to be Macs biggest cheerleader.
They can get shipped together multiple high picks.

Jacobi seems to be Macs biggest cheerleader.
They can get shipped together multiple high picks.
Meyers is a free agent after this year, they'd have to trade him now. They won't trade Mac now; teams generally aren't replacing their starting QB like that mid-season. I suppose it happens (Jimmy G comes to mind) but that feels pretty unlikely.

I’m
Meyers is a free agent after this year, they'd have to trade him now. They won't trade Mac now; teams generally aren't replacing their starting QB like that mid-season. I suppose it happens (Jimmy G comes to mind) but that feels pretty unlikely.
Problem is with the way he’s looked this year we might be lucky to get a third straight up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back