PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-game Thread: Jets @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have faith in the OL well maybe not against that Bills Front when they are foaming at the mouth but we'll see.

The Jets front is better than the Bills I think. Right now the Pats front is very good - one of the highest sack rates in the NFL - not usual for us. The Pats LBs, Safeties, and CBs have been a hugely pleasant surprise. The Colts and Bears' front 7 are good too. After the Jets, the front 4 to 7 going forward are not hugely intimidating IMO.

The Jets front is better than the Bills I think. Right now the Pats front is very good - one of the highest sack rates in the NFL - not usual for us. The Pats LBs, Safeties, and CBs have been a hugely pleasant surprise. The Colts and Bears' front 7 are good too. After the Jets, the front 4 to 7 going forward are not hugely intimidating IMO.
If Barmore can get going they'll have one of the best in the league.

I have faith in the OL well maybe not against that Bills Front when they are foaming at the mouth but we'll see.
Interior line is great... A little worried about our OT situation...Cannon/Wynn/Brown have been pretty awful in pass protection

i think this will be harder than the previous jet game. They beat the bills and are more confident this time around and will likely have wilson run more designed QB runs like fields. Pats need to be ready for these wrinkles.
It amazes me that the Jets would even contemplate designed runs for Wilson.

The kid is going to get crunched

It should be a good game. Both teams struggling with mediocrity.

I know the jets are a heated rival (and hated!), but if they do win, i hope all here will be good sports and join me in a J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS cheer!

I know the jets are a heated rival (and hated!), but if they do win, i hope all here will be good sports and join me in a J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS cheer!
Sure Kenny. Make sure you drop by a Patriots bar with that ask, but take the precautions advised by your most recent Super Bowl winning QB and get a Medicare Advantage plan that gets you money BACK on your social security check. You might as well be covered for whatever happens.

Last edited:

miami-dolphins-jets.gif

Sure Kenny. Make sure you drop by a Patriots bar with that ask, but take the precautions advised by your most recent Super Bowl winning QB and get a Medicare Advantage plans that gets you money BACK on your social security check. You might as well be covered for whatever happens.

C'mon, it's not that bad. Granted this was 25 years ago, but I went to a packed bar in Boston in Jets gear for Sunday games and it was fun. I joked around with 'em, just obviously wasn't an assh###. Otherwise sure, I may have needed quality health and dental insurance.

I definitely think the biggest surprise this year so far is how well the edges are playing.

It’s been relieving to see Judon playing back at his peak form. But watching Wise expand on his game and Uche finally break out have been fun to watch.

Obviously the secondary playing as well as it has with all of our rookies has been a pleasant surprise as well.

Pats creating a little more cap space for this year and we're set up really well for next year as well.

What’s the estimate for next years cap space?

The pats will make the playoffs & be a tough out if they can get their offense to average. They were above average last year with a rookie QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back