PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-game Thread: Jets @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley

Banned
Reaction score
With such a big game for us and the only practice this week, thought I would start this thread today. Offensively, we need to improve with our, play calling, qb play, O-line etc. Our Offensive MVP has been Rham. We need to be able to capitalize in the redzone and not rely so much on Folk.

Defensively, continue off our last two weeks and build the momentum. Judon has been our MVP on that side of the ball. Our run defense has been great, God, Guy and the boys are doing a great job compared to last year. We have some tough games coming up with better qb's. This unit will be tested. The only issue with this unit has been handling mobile quarter backs. Love to see Uche playing well!!!! Barmore should be back for the Jets and that will be huge!!!

Special teams- Folk is amazing and consistent, Marcus Jones is turning into the best punt/kickoff returner in the league, the one issue has been Bailey. Hope to see improvement from him going forward. We can't afford 20-yard punts when the margin of error in these games are so small.

We can't afford 20-yard punts when the margin of error in these games are so small.
After his last punt a 20 yarder would be a 300% improvement!

Edit: typo fixed.

Last edited:
Should help immensely having dugger for this one. If barmore and andrews also return, which im guessing they do, thats 2 more major upgrades over the last game. Do the jets have anyone returning that wasn’t there two weeks back? I again like this matchup, bb vs Wilson.

Should help immensely having dugger for this one. If barmore and andrews also return, which im guessing they do, thats 2 more major upgrades over the last game. Do the jets have anyone returning that wasn’t there two weeks back? I again like this matchup, bb vs Wilson.

No one coming back that I can think of, but James Robinson should be more acclimated to the team now (he was trade during the week prior to the last game). He's no Breece Hall, but that will help their run game a bit. Not exactly an earth shattering shift though.

One can only hope our O will be more fine tuned, and with Andrews back, when Mac has just 1 second more, he has shown he can make the throws. We can't count on such a worthless shaken Wilson, so we'll have to be more potent and drive the ball consistently. While we'll have Andrews, Barmore, Dugger and Parker back, Jets have lost Rankins and Martin since 2 weeks ago. I think it'll be a tight game, but I bet our D comes off the bye with fire ready to consume Wilson.

It feels weird that we're playing them again so soon, but it doesn't really make a difference.

Anybody know how Yodny Cajuste graded @ RT last game? I kinda like Wynn at LG let him earn his money nice having Strange coming off the bench.

One can only hope our O will be more fine tuned, and with Andrews back, when Mac has just 1 second more, he has shown he can make the throws. We can't count on such a worthless shaken Wilson, so we'll have to be more potent and drive the ball consistently. While we'll have Andrews, Barmore, Dugger and Parker back, Jets have lost Rankins and Martin since 2 weeks ago. I think it'll be a tight game, but I bet our D comes off the bye with fire ready to consume Wilson.

Yes, will need more from our offense this time. You can only rely on the d so much these days. If andrews is back I expect a better performance in game 3 for mac’s return.

Pats should take care of the Jets at home which will make Thanksgiving Night a good game at Vikings.

Anybody know how Yodny Cajuste graded @ RT last game? I kinda like Wynn at LG let him earn his money nice having Strange coming off the bench.
No Official grades yet, I thought he struggled in the 1st half but looked better in the 2nd half..... this is from Zack Cox:

Yodny Cajuste became the third player to start a game there (joining Wynn and Marcus Cannon, who now is on injured reserve), and though he had some positive moments as a downfield blocker, the seldom-used 2019 third-rounder allowed a team-high five pressures and one sack. We’ll see if he impressed the coaching staff enough to earn himself another start.

We currently have the #3 ranked special teams unit in DVOA.

Imagine itd be 1 if Bailey could kick further than 20 yards :haha: In all seriousness though its awesome to finally have a legit threat at returner again. This team needs all three phases to be successful

The Jete thinks they should have won the last match-up. They just beat the SB favorite Bills. They will be super confident coming into Foxboro. Let's hope Mac's confidence returns during the BYE week.

No one coming back that I can think of, but James Robinson should be more acclimated to the team now (he was trade during the week prior to the last game). He's no Breece Hall, but that will help their run game a bit. Not exactly an earth shattering shift though.
Good point on Robinson. He rushed for 48 yards and caught a TD against the Bills. Jets put up 174 rushing yards (5.1 ypa) against a pretty good Bills front 7. Others possible to return are WR Corey Davis (sprained MCL) and RT George Fant (knee injury).

Jets have some interesting things to say:

“Anybody who watched the film can’t sit here and say we shouldn’t have won that game, at the end of the day,” Franklin-Myers said.

"It took me a little minute to bounce back from that game last [week],' Gardner said. "Because I’m like, ‘Ain’t no way we lost that game... I was telling myself, ‘I can’t wait to go against them again.’"

Even Zach Wilson got in on the action.

Someone should tell the Jets that the Patriots scored 4 times in the second half to open up a 22-10 lead before they took the air out of the ball and the Jets made it look closer after the 2 minute warning.

I think Jets can lose 4 down the stretch including Pats beating them next week. If that happens, there's a chance we leapfrog them for a chance for the last playoff spot. But, that assumes that we miraculously start playing NFL-level offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes