PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-game Thread: Jets @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to hear some "Mac" chants from the crowd.

Edit: Kinda hard just to chant the single syllable Mac. Maybe adopt venecol's use of Sunshine.

Drunk New England fans are fickle beasts. If Mac plays well and the Pats get out to a big lead they'll chant his name and pretend they never doubted him for a moment.

Would love to hear some "Mac" chants from the crowd.

Edit: Kinda hard just to chant the single syllable Mac. Maybe adopt venecol's use of Sunshine.
Mac Jones, tu-roo-roo
Mac Jones, TU-Roo-Roo

same cadence as "De-fense, tu-roo-roo"

well... crowd chants are more of a soccer thing anyway :rofl:

I think Jets can lose 4 down the stretch including Pats beating them next week. If that happens, there's a chance we leapfrog them for a chance for the last playoff spot. But, that assumes that we miraculously start playing NFL-level offense.
I don't see it. After next weeks game, Jets go against CHI, DET & JAC. That should give them 9 wins right there. Then they need to just win 1 vs. MIN, BUF, SEA, MIA to get to 10 wins (assuming a loss vs Pats).

They've gone 4-1 against our common opponents (MIA, PIT, BAL, GB, & CLE) w/ only loss vs BAL. They're 5-3 in conf. w/ a .506 SOS & a .460 SOV.

Pats are 4-2 in Conf. w/ a .442 SOS & a .393 SOV.

The Pats are #14 in SOS and #10 in SOV in the AFC. That shows our 1st half easy games are over. They now face the 2nd toughest schedule.

Bottom line, Pats MUST beat the Jets or its game over for the season because it won't get any easier going forward.

Edit: just realized you said 4 losses which puts them at 10-7. NVM

Drunk New England fans are fickle beasts. If Mac plays well and the Pats get out to a big lead they'll chant his name and pretend they never doubted him for a moment.
Similar to some posters here.

Ceteris parabus, if the called-back pick six stuck, the scoreboard would've shown a Pats loss, even with Zach fruitlessly running around like a lost idiot most of the game. Hopefully the Pats don't sleep on this one.

With such a big game for us and the only practice this week, thought I would start this thread today. Offensively, we need to improve with our, play calling, qb play, O-line etc. Our Offensive MVP has been Rham. We need to be able to capitalize in the redzone and not rely so much on Folk.

Defensively, continue off our last two weeks and build the momentum. Judon has been our MVP on that side of the ball. Our run defense has been great, God, Guy and the boys are doing a great job compared to last year. We have some tough games coming up with better qb's. This unit will be tested. The only issue with this unit has been handling mobile quarter backs. Love to see Uche playing well!!!! Barmore should be back for the Jets and that will be huge!!!

Special teams- Folk is amazing and consistent, Marcus Jones is turning into the best punt/kickoff returner in the league, the one issue has been Bailey. Hope to see improvement from him going forward. We can't afford 20-yard punts when the margin of error in these games are so small.

With a home game and another week of film for BB to dissect, on paper this game should favor the Patriots the second time around.

I have zero confidence in our offense but our defense will be counted on to put up a big performance to garner the win.

Nick Folk of course is unmatched in his reliability within 50 yards. Bailey has been the worst punter in the NFL this year based on average yardage but hopefully he'll shank a few less kicks this game. We're going to need it if we want to climb out of that AFC East cellar. A phrase that I was hoping to never have to use, but that's where we are right now, and this is the perfect time for the team to step up out of that basement.

Of course I predicted the away game to be the loss and the home game to be the win against the Jets so maybe my expectations will be flipped, but that's why they play the games.

And can we please strip Matt Patricia of his offensive playcalling duties for just one week? Maybe the water boy could do a better job. *tongue mostly in cheek* But maybe he really could? :haha:

Last edited:
Mac Jones, tu-roo-roo
Mac Jones, TU-Roo-Roo

same cadence as "De-fense, tu-roo-roo"

well... crowd chants are more of a soccer thing anyway :rofl:
Just going to prepare you right now... If Mac starts the game off on the wrong foot, expect to hear Zappe chants from the crowd instead.

Anybody know how Yodny Cajuste graded @ RT last game? I kinda like Wynn at LG let him earn his money nice having Strange coming off the bench.

Why do you like Wynn at LG? He was terrible. Strange replaced him later in the game.

Is anyone else mildly pissed at the fact the Pats will be practicing ONLY once this week. I KNOW its a long long season now, but I would have thought that given our offensive woes, we could have used 3 practices (one in pads) to work on improving that aspect of the game. Three SHORT practices (about an hour, not counting warmups) with the focus on the offense. While the defense work on individual techniques while providing good reps for the offense.

My complaint is tangental to the fact that as a whole teams practice less now, and when they do, it's mostly without pads or hitting. Back in the day, you had 2 a days WITH pad every day until the Preseason games started. You generally pad at LEAST 2 padded practices a week. And this wasn't 50 years ago, this was what the Pats were doing as late as 2010. The fact is that teams don;'t practice as much and thus they don't execute as well. It's THAT simple.

Now I DO understand that teams want to protect their very expensive investments, and the season is now 17 games. That's 5 full games more than when I played, and THAT can tale a toll on the body. BUT....

BTW - Anyone know how many times the Jets are practicing this week?

Is anyone else mildly pissed at the fact the Pats will be practicing ONLY once this week. I KNOW its a long long season now, but I would have thought that given our offensive woes, we could have used 3 practices (one in pads) to work on improving that aspect of the game. Three SHORT practices (about an hour, not counting warmups) with the focus on the offense. While the defense work on individual techniques while providing good reps for the offense.

My complaint is tangental to the fact that as a whole teams practice less now, and when they do, it's mostly without pads or hitting. Back in the day, you had 2 a days WITH pad every day until the Preseason games started. You generally pad at LEAST 2 padded practices a week. And this wasn't 50 years ago, this was what the Pats were doing as late as 2010. The fact is that teams don;'t practice as much and thus they don't execute as well. It's THAT simple.

Now I DO understand that teams want to protect their very expensive investments, and the season is now 17 games. That's 5 full games more than when I played, and THAT can tale a toll on the body. BUT....

BTW - Anyone know how many times the Jets are practicing this week?
Teams are only allowed to practice m-w on the bye week. And they need recovery so Wednesday it is.

Teams are only allowed to practice m-w on the bye week. And they need recovery so Wednesday it is.
Thanks for the info. Do you know what the Jets did this week? I tried to google "how many times did the Jets practice this week" and got nothing but preseason articles. Maybe I should ask Alexa :)

dcovmacjones_v.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference