PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-game Thread: Jets @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? Where did you get that quote from me?

First off it's not in the link you're quoting. Weird.
No, it should have been a quote from me. I was talking about Mac missing White and Bolden.

We all know that Jack Jones was a 4th round pick. #121. Great pick. :thumbsup:

Did you know that Tariq Woolen was a 5th round pick? #153 Oh and he's 6'4 with a 4.26 40 which is freakishly athletic. :feet:

Incidentally he's slated to face my WR binkie from the 2022 draft, Chris Olave who leads all rookie WRs with 618 receiving yards, and good for 9th overall in the NFL. Unironically he's also the only uninjured player I named in the who's your guy thread leading up to the draft.

Thanks for letting me know. I looked up Woolen and I saw #27 which turns out to be his jersey number not his draft slot. I choked that one :(. Yes he was the #153rd pick and might end up being a better value pick than Jack Jones.

Looking forward to the game.

The offense or something that resembles an offense, needs to show up.

Hopefully Patricia don’t leave the game plan on a napkin at McDonalds again

Ken, pardon my ignorance . Did you play in the NFL? I believe you do coach, but was not aware you played in the league.
No I never got to play in a regular season game.. I DID have 2 camps in Denver in 1970 and 71, first as an OLB the second as a SS. Came pretty close the 2nd year, but no cigar. In 69 I played for money in the old Atlantic Coast FL. Made more money playing football ($250/game) vs $175/wk teaching school. I was really rolling in it in the fall of 69.

Now I'm an old man whose memories of his playing days are usually better than I actually was. ;)

Last edited:
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but we ALL had big questions about the secondary, JC and Gilmore gone, but Mills has been a decent #1 CB who improved a LOT over the past year. Jack Jones has been a revelation and a great find, though I hope he will develop into a better tackler in coming years. Jonathan Jones has always been good in the slot when he's on the field, and even Marcus Jones has done well in his few defensive opportunities. With the good play by the CB's and a REALLY strong and deep Safety group, our secondary has gone from being the biggest question of the off season to being one of the team's strength

No I never got to play in a regular season game.. I DID have 2 camps in Denver in 1970 and 71, first as an OLB the second as a SS. Came pretty close the 2nd year, but no cigar. In 69 I played for money in the old Atlantic Coast FL. Made more money playing football ($250/game) vs $175/wk teaching school. I was really rolling in it in the fall of 69.

Now I'm an old man whose memories of his playing days are usually better than I actually was. ;)
Regardless of just falling short , a great achievement , plenty to be proud of.

Having Andrew’s, Barmore and Dugger back for the rematch will be huge, fully expect another W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST