PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Game Thread- Bears @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

The funniest part to me is that if this was still going on, he would probably want to be checking the balls in Tampa Bay, not here. Bill really had nothing to do with that investigation, it was all about Brady.

Obviously it was all nonsense, yes, but even if you’re stupid and you want to think it was true… it was about the guy who’s not playing here anymore. The narrative was that “The Deflator” was deflating balls for Brady because he wanted it that way. Brady left dude. And Dorito Dink is gone too.

The funniest part to me is that if this was still going on, he would probably want to be checking the balls in Tampa Bay, not here. Bill really had nothing to do with that investigation, it was all about Brady.

Obviously it was all nonsense, yes, but even if you’re stupid and you want to think it was true… it was about the guy who’s not playing here anymore. The narrative was that “The Deflator” was deflating balls for Brady because he wanted it that way. Brady left dude. And Dorito Dink is gone too.

Loser Mentality. This guy was on the Chargers the last 2 years. 0-2 vs the Pats

He might have said something about Brady but looked it up and he was on IR when they played Tampa 2 years ago

TGIF.....getting everyone ready for a Friday:

Agholor didn't practice yesss.
Howie Mandel Yes GIF by America's Got Talent

Oh shoot did I accidentally stumble into kraftfans.com again?
Nope. Just saying that if you dislike the Team's ownership that much, you are free to leave. No one will stop you.

I have a feeling Mac will start. It's at home, Mon night. 2 first round QB's from last year.
There's a lot to prove for BB. (and even more for Mac)
All Mac needs is a good opening drive for a TD to get the mojo back on his side.
If he can manage the game well, win it, and have 0 turnovers, all the Zappe hype will end.
But if the offense struggles, the mob won't care that the Bears are a much better D, they will call for Zappe. I hope it doesn't happen.

Good play calling and execution:

Some of us have been calling for more jet sweeps & other plays from jet-action for awhile now, as in all season... Need to be creative in the RZ, and this is one way of being so...

During Rham's TD run, Andrews make a couple of good blocks as he & Onwenu create a wall behind which Rham runs straight into the EZ... The advantage of having a credible jet-action option is that the box can then be stretched laterally and therefore become more susceptible to power-blocking techniques such as double-teams & double-then-2nd-level, like Andrews did...

Some of us have been calling for more jet sweeps & other plays from jet-action for awhile now, as in all season... Need to be creative in the RZ, and this is one way of being so...

During Rham's TD run, Andrews make a couple of good blocks as he & Onwenu create a wall behind which Rham runs straight into the EZ... The advantage of having a credible jet-action option is that the box can then be stretched laterally and therefore become more susceptible to power-blocking techniques such as double-teams & double-then-2nd-level, like Andrews did...
The sweeps will only work with speedster Tyquan or shifty Bourne IMO.

Good points. Tyquan’s cut inside is the fastest I’ve seen a patriots player look in many years

It would be nice to get Damien Harris back, Stevenson was good as the full-time lead back last week but Harris and Stevenson are a really potent one-two punch spelling one another. The Bears will probably be working hard to stop the run again like Cleveland was last week, and I don’t really want to have to send Stevenson into a wall all game long. Rotating in Harris would be really helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes