PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Postgame thread: Patriots defeat Panthers 10 - 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have any sources or details? All I can find is general mentions like "all-conference special teams" and can't tell if that refers to more than his punt return prowess.

There were a couple of articles in the Bemidji Pioneer, but they seem to have disappeared. I thought one of the 6 articles I had put up in the thread I did on Gunner had it, but re-reading them I couldn't find anything,.

I found an oblique reference to it in a Mass Live article:

Gunner Olszewski, the Patriots’ greatest underdog in years, is taking his shot

"He did have special teams experience and willingness, though, both must-haves for any undrafted rookie hoping to crack the 53-man roster. Perhaps unsurprisingly, Olszewski’s experience included returning punts, a skill most quick and diminutive Patriot receivers have shared over the years."

That seems to infer that it's more than just returning punts..

Pats had WR Hunter in again today for a visit:

Snap for snap, more players are injured playing special teams than any other position. One analysis I saw said the rate was once per 50 plays, though if that were the case you'd expect to see multiple ST injuries per game between two teams (minor injuries included). Does that sound accurate?

I keep hearing this but have yet to actually see any hard evidence to support it. Not from the league and certainly not from any reporters.

Here's one source:

Few issues with that article:
1- There offer zero basis for their data. None. No time frame. Is it one year's worth or 15 years worth?

2- They don't say how they determined when a player was injured. They say "This analysis covers any malady, regardless of severity, that lands a player on the official NFL injury report." So, how can they break it down by when it happened? Especially when you consider that players get injured during practice all the time and teams don't say what part of practice the player was hurt during..

3- If you look at their upper chart and the low pictures, they conflict. The upper graph says that RBs have more injuries at 6 per 1000 plays than Special teams do at 5 per 1000 plays.

This is why I say I've not seen "hard evidence". Because articles like this throw numbers out but no context. No time frames. And a lack of definition..

Just listened to Brady's post game, kept on repeating "experience, decisiveness, trust." When you think of those 3 words, Jarrett is nowhere near ready to be a QB#2!

"Tom told me, f*** that, get out there and sling it!"

I was at the game last night - amazing seats. 50-yard-line (no pun intended), first deck (Pavilion Club) second row above the glass, so row 5). Bob Kraft has the seats in front of these, though I've never seen him out there.

The view was perfect for watching the whole field. My untrained eye leads me to the following observations:

1. Cowart is really violent at the point of attack. I love this kid. He makes the 53 or I cry.
If you do happen to run into Bob Kraft and he asks you to smell his finger, please don't.

I think with pre-season you cant take too much from the games but have to take a look at certain players. from what I see:

1. Our defense looks legit. There doesnt seem to be a weak spot. That front 7 of linebackers/ends is swarming...and add that with our secondary...they should be a strength this year.

2. Sony Michel looks much quicker. The way he was breaking tackles and juking guys makes me think he will be a premier running back this year. Not to take away from his 900 yards last year. but he just looks so much quicker.

hard to take much from the offense as Edelman, Gordon, Thomas, Harry werent out there....but for those saying Dorsett is the odd-man out. he showed that he belongs as he had bradys trust and came up with several plays.

Watching replay on NFL Net, Stidham got sacked over and over, was almost picked a few times, looked tentative, got spooked and overthrew, fumbled once (could have on another play). The Jarrett ball washers are funny thinking this kid is ready to be a #2. Hilarious.

nothing wrong w 900 yards, but that's what happens with a committee. That's 50 yards/game. A "1000 yard season" isn't much of a landmark, so 10% less is really really ordinary.

nothing wrong w 900 yards, but that's what happens with a committee. That's 50 yards/game. A "1000 yard season" isn't much of a landmark, so 10% less is really really ordinary.
931 yds on 209 attempts in 13 games. 16 attempts and 71 yds per game average. Number 1 committee member.

931 yds on 209 attempts in 13 games. 16 attempts and 71 yds per game average. Number 1 committee member.
1,200 yards and 12 TDs in 16 games with several of those games not being healthy.

Watching replay on NFL Net, Stidham got sacked over and over, was almost picked a few times, looked tentative, got spooked and overthrew, fumbled once (could have on another play). The Jarrett ball washers are funny thinking this kid is ready to be a #2. Hilarious.

God d%#*!@t... I knew I watched the wrong game

This is dumb, really dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back