PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Postgame thread: Patriots defeat Panthers 10 - 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching replay on NFL Net, Stidham got sacked over and over, was almost picked a few times, looked tentative, got spooked and overthrew, fumbled once (could have on another play). The Jarrett ball washers are funny thinking this kid is ready to be a #2. Hilarious.

I was gone for 2 weeks and just binge watched most of the preseason games today so I have no clue what the consensus on the board is but to me he continues to look like someone who has the potential to be a good QB with a bit of time to mature.

There is just no way I'd trust him over Hoyer this year. It is still a big jump he made from some of the college tape I saw after we drafted him. So if he continues on this trajectory Hoyer will be gone after this season.

What are we all thinking about #94 Kamalu? I didn't have him on my 53 before this game and I probably wouldn't put him on just because of one game, but I was more surprised about how he was standing up most of the time before the snap. That's a guy who's 6'6", almost 300 pounds (although he could have lost some weight) at the rush OLB position. You'd think he would play DE in a look like that but it seemed to be working (against scrubs).

I think they will try to smuggle him onto the practice squad but he will be picked up by one of the Pats franchises (Texans and Titans saw him in joint practices, MattyP might also be in play).

He has really intriguing measurables but can't quite put it together.. at least yet.

I think they will try to smuggle him onto the practice squad but he will be picked up by one of the Pats franchises (Texans and Titans saw him in joint practices, MattyP might also be in play).

He has really intriguing measurables but can't quite put it together.. at least yet.

He was actually on the Texans as recently as 2017. Not sure if that makes him more or less likely to be claimed there.

He was actually on the Texans as recently as 2017. Not sure if that makes him more or less likely to be claimed there.

Good point. I forgot about that. That being said someone will be intrigued by his physique I am sure.

“I think it was on purpose and the only reason I think it was on purpose is if you look at this play, right at the end, the kick (means) I’m trying to get more force into you than I need to,” Harrison said. “See that little kick at the end? I’m trying to drive my shoulder into you because I know it’s you. ‘I don’t recognize who has the ball,’ all that, that’s bull. I know it’s you, I see it’s you. You know what? Here’s my opportunity. What you said, I’m going to give it to you. If it wasn’t for the little kick at the end to drive your shoulder deep into his head, I would’ve said it was an accident, he didn’t mean it, he just dived in there late, even though you can already see the dude is on the ground before he even comes to get into the contact. Definitely I believe it was on purpose”

Last edited:

I'm not a PFF guy, as is well known. But, if you're going to cite to it with this particular tweet, you might also want to put it in the QB conundrum thread.

I'm not a PFF guy, as is well known. But, if you're going to cite to it with this particular tweet, you might also want to put it in the QB conundrum thread.
Makes sense, Deus. Thanks!

What are we all thinking about #94 Kamalu? I didn't have him on my 53 before this game and I probably wouldn't put him on just because of one game, but I was more surprised about how he was standing up most of the time before the snap. That's a guy who's 6'6", almost 300 pounds (although he could have lost some weight) at the rush OLB position. You'd think he would play DE in a look like that but it seemed to be working (against scrubs).
Shadow roster if available.

I don't know if these numbers are saying Mr. Stidham is playing better then anybody else in pre-season...but for sure they are not saying worse...

Preseason...

2019 (3 games)
94ee720ab392c62a0537b57b3b4fa2c4.png

That Tom guy is the worsts of the bunch. I say cut him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News