PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread - Pats vs Jags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I really wish they made a serious effort to get more athletic at LB this offseason and move away from the safety potpurri scheme that failed spectacularly in the SB. Looks even worse now with both Hightower and McCourty looking alarmingly old--that's the heart of your defense right there, the one thing had been reliable from '14 onwards.

Clayborn did his best Cassius Marsh impression all day long.

Remember a few years ago, when this defense was loaded with talent in the front seven (and yes I realize they won in '16 post-Collins)? Just so barren right now.

Meanwhile on offense I was happy with the Cooks trade as anyone, and despite his hot start in LA I think he's still a bit of a one-trick pony. But man those comeback routes he had in the AFC Title game (and a nice OPI!) sure would have been nifty today. Felt like Brady was throwing horizontal all game long.

- mcdaniels sucks. wish he had left.

- defense is downright terrible. we have like 4 quality starters, the rest are depth/squad players. trey flowers is a good pass rusher, but the rest of the d-line is mediocre at best. danny shelton/malcolm brown 2 first round busts.
the big/bulky likebackers wont cut it in this league anymore. you need athletic sideline to sideline linebackers. we don't have one on our roster.

oh and the secondary sucked.

That happened with Nick Foles too. The Patriots have let mediocre passers have the games of their lives pretty damn often. I think it's a lack of pass rush. Bortles just had a completely clean pocket and the secondary was letting guys get open across the middle on every play.

Maybe. But passes on third down like to Cole where Rowe is in perfect coverage or plays where Flowers create a fumble that ends up a first down for the Jags don't help.

On a positive note, the team did not quit despite getting whooped all game.

On a negative note, Jules is 32 with a lot of miles on him already. IMO it's unrealistic to expect him to come save the day in week 5. Will he help? Sure. But realistically we need we need Michel and Hollister to emerge as reliable weapons.

Man I really wish they made a serious effort to get more athletic at LB this offseason and move away from the safety potpurri scheme that failed spectacularly in the SB. Looks even worse now with both Hightower and McCourty looking alarmingly old--that's the heart of your defense right there, the one thing had been reliable from '14 onwards.

Clayborn did his best Cassius Marsh impression all day long.

Remember a few years ago, when this defense was loaded with talent in the front seven (and yes I realize they won in '16 post-Collins)? Just so barren right now.

Meanwhile on offense I was happy with the Cooks trade as anyone, and despite his hot start in LA I think he's still a bit of a one-trick pony. But man those comeback routes he had in the AFC Title game (and a nice OPI!) sure would have been nifty today. Felt like Brady was throwing horizontal all game long.

cooks had 1,000 yards...we can't replace his production, same with dola's.

gronk is supposedly the most dominant receiver in the league yet he only has 2 catches for 15 yards. how is that possible????? i dont care if he was doubled. a couple of times he was singled against ramse and brady didnt even give him a chance.

Bizarre to me Rivers has been a healthy scratch. Maybe he was just a wasted pick.

How many Super Bowls have the Pats won with garbage front 7 like they have this year? It's very difficult to win it all with garbage up front.

Front 7 play usually makes the difference between winning and being one of the 31 losers at the end of Super Bowl Sunday

This team has enough talent (Brady) to win plenty of games in the regular season but none of that means anything if you don't bring home the trophy

How many Super Bowl winners have had garbage front 7 over the past 30 years?

So we're on to Super Bowl Sunday already? Didn't expect you'd have such belief in the garbage.

Not too difficult to recall loads of exact same posts in 2014 and especially 2016.. Some even during those SBs..

What we're Brady's stats today?

I don't know if the talent is there
Rowe is average at best but if he needs to stick to a receiver he's toast.

BB might need to activate one of the kids next week....just to see what he has when the bullets are flying.

cooks had 1,000 yards...we can't replace his production, same with dola's.

gronk is supposedly the most dominant receiver in the league yet he only has 2 catches for 15 yards. how is that possible????? i dont care if he was doubled. a couple of times he was singled against ramse and brady didnt even give him a chance.
Yeah, don't know what happened here. Last week Brady was forcing the ball through spacetime to get the ball to Gronk. Today, zip. Whatever JAX presented must have worked.

Anyone else more frustrated with the offensive coaching than the defensive coaching? Defense sucked, the offense was just straight up ignorant. Wasted tons of time, wouldn’t chance going for it when if we punted it, we hardly had a chance to win the way they played. Should have given up running the ball early like we have in numerous big games.

Defense Defense Defense! It is not any better than last year. Unless some talent finds its way to our doorstep this is not going to be a championship team. We didn't do enough in the off season to fix the defensive problems from last year.

Find a single post from me claiming the defense played.well. I dare you.

Until then have fun moving the goal posts.
The narrative of this game should be pretty straightforward. All around team failure on both sides.

You have created a narrative fixating on Brady's performance specifically. And each post from you gets a little more ridiculous.

Bizarre to me Rivers has been a healthy scratch. Maybe he was just a wasted pick.

I think people will eat their words on Rivers by November / December. He has all the athleticism in the world but still seems too raw for a full game.

Granted the offense struggled today but where do you start with this defence? No pass rush and the inability to cover those Crossing routes.

Every year we seem to put up at least one stinker so hopefully this is the only one for the year
I turned the sound off, and put the i-pad down to pay attention to the game. I don't profess to know the game but it seemed that jacksonville knew what the pats defense was going to do. Jags recievers seemed to be in areas or spots were there were no pats defenders. It seemed to me the scheme wasn't very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back