PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread - Pats vs Jags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bortles is very average, but the D makes him look like an MVP.

At some point, teams will/have figured out the Walmart cashiers in Patriots uniforms aren’t that good.

Question: What do Blake Bortles, Nick Foles, and Robert Kraft have in common?
Answer: They each own the Patriots' D

PS....
Let's review the Patriots personnel office's recent body of work:
23 WR candidates have been brought in this year by NE's football experts.
Result:
Hogan.... #3 caliber WR
Dorsett.... #4
Patterson....a generous #5
Whoever the rest are........future sandwich artists
Just a massive failure by BB & Co

No one is 'jerking him off' or praising his performance today. It's just you raving on about it because most don't think Brady was at the top of the list of problems today.

This is one if those games where the offense needed to score 20+ points. If this is unreasonable to assume then maybe we don't have two GOATs on offense.

The secondary looked like trash against players that just are two years into the league.

I disagree. Give Bortles credit, he made some excellent throws in this one. The McCourtys, Rowe, Harmon, they could have been better. Trash is too far.

You want a trash secondary, look at Pittsburgh. That is not this.

What dissapoints me the most is time and time again themedia and our fans doubt NE after a loss. We will go 12-4 and make another AFCCG. That isn't ****iness. I've seen this story time and time again and trust Brady and company.

With that being said: We need to sign a beast.... Josh Gordon anyone?

I think the offense can be fine. Problem i see right now is that this team has problems against man coverage. The defense is what it is. They need to get off the field on 3rd down.

Going to be interesting to see if Rowe has a bounce back game next week. He was really good during the pre season and I think it's evident that McCourty isn't the answer.

Now I see why Philly jettisoned Rowe he's horrible in space. He got turned every which way and lose today.

Last edited:
Going to be interesting to see if Rowe has a bounce back game next week. He was really good during the pre season and I think it's evident that McCourty isn't the answer.

CB #2 seems still up for grabs . not necessarily only for players on the roster..

Don't worry guys, BB only knows the team in October.

It didn’t help that they were playing in hell literally. Almost 100 degrees

Question: What do Blake Bortles, Nick Foles, and Robert Kraft have in common?
Answer: They each own the Patriots' D

PS....
Let's review the Patriots personnel office's recent body of work:
23 WR candidates have been brought in this year by NE's football experts.
Result:
Hogan.... #3 caliber WR
Dorsett.... #4
Patterson....a generous #5
Whoever the rest are........future sandwich artists
Just a massive failure by BB & Co

Let’s not forget a 32 yr old coming off an ACL tear with no in game action in 4 weeks as the WR savior.

Well if you where here last year everyone was hyping the fact about the PPG. They where not taking into account how they made average QBs look great. I wanna see the defense actually keep teams out of the red zone. That would show improvement.

So keeping a team out of the endzone is no longer the goal? Now it's the redzone?

I am shocked that folks are blamming the offense. They scored 20 points on one of the most talented defenses in the league...really should have been 26.

This falls squarely on a terribe defense giving up huge chunk plays and getting beat in individual matchups. For every perfectly thrown Bottles ball, there was a missed jam or bad technique. Patriots have a lot of work to do and i am not sure they have enough talent to compete at a high level.

I hope this game was just a stinker, sometimes team just come out and look like junk.

I thought Sony looked good, though a bit tentative...first game and missed most of training camp.

This is one if those games where the offense needed to score 20+ points. If this is unreasonable to assu.e then maybe we don't have two GOATs on offense.
Again no one is saying Brady had a good day out there. No one did other than James White. The top reasons we lost this game were;

1. Dominated in trenches on both sides.
2. Horrendous third down defense and getting abused by short passes over the middle.
3. Bad offensive play calling.

Brady didn't have a good game by his standards. Nor did he 'suck'.

- mcdaniels sucks. wish he had left.

- defense is downright terrible. we have like 4 quality starters, the rest are depth/squad players. trey flowers is a good pass rusher, but the rest of the d-line is mediocre at best. danny shelton/malcolm brown 2 first round busts.
the big/bulky likebackers wont cut it in this league anymore. you need athletic sideline to sideline linebackers. we don't have one on our roster.

oh and the secondary sucked.

I get being frustrated with certain games with Josh, but just watch just any other offense in the NFL and OC, it happens to everyone, especially someone trying to protect TB and be in top gear in January. Josh is one of the best.

The Eagles put up 21 on a ****ty Bucs defense. The saints scored 21. There’s no perfect offensive guru out there.

You’re post about the defense is fair and objective.
Secondary is fine but our front 7 makes it impossible to succeed

It didn’t help that they were playing in hell literally. Almost 100 degrees
So did the Jags. Can't really use that as an excuse. Id like to though

Thankfully the division is still horrendous so the playoffs and probably a first round bye are almost inevitable. The schedule is pretty soft, only the Chiefs, Vikings, Packers, and maybe Steelers and Colts should be tough. If they can win half of those and only drop a couple they shouldn't, they'll still finish 11-5, 12-4. Getting to play in the AFC East is unfair.

The speedy Chiefs Offense are a bad Match-up for the Tortoise like Patriots on D. :rolleyes:

So keeping a team out of the endzone is no longer the goal? Now it's the redzone?

It caught up to them in the super bowl. You’re what you are. They gave up a ton of passing yards last year for a reason and where almost dead last. Keeping teams off the end zone with a bend but don’t break style just won’t cut it. Gotta stop teams!

No I see why Philly jettisoned Rowe he's horrible in space. He got turned every which way and lose today.
....and why Bill kept Jackson and Crossen

The score last week did not indicate how good we played ;)

The score this week did not indicate how bad we played :(

I'm going to start calling you Catfucius if you keep this type of posting up. :D

Punting on 4th and inches was horrendous. How many times has Brady worked magic at the end of games...down 2 scores, plenty of time left and you take the ball out of his hands?

Whatever. Bad game, crazy heat. I think the D will be fine, although Rowe as a starting CB doesn't thrill me. Pats have to focus on grooming a replacement for McCourty. Team can definitely win a Super Bowl this year though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back